A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Hope they can make as much money as they can for the upcoming years of creative misery. They might do OK in NXT, but just remember, Vince McMahon doesn't give a **** about tag teams and he doesn't treat tag teams as top acts.

The rumor from Meltzer says that while Wentz and Xavier are locks to go to NXT, Trey Miguel is not and that AEW is interested.

he better show up next week wearing a tie over his usual sleeveless t-shirt:

This Zelina Vega thing has me all kinds of angry. I haven't been able to watch a show in a week. Just too pissed about it.

I am watching last week's AEW. I have to say, I love MJF's slow takeover of the Inner Circle. I don't care for him in the ring, but this is gold. Kenny bringing up that he and Moxley are technically 0-0 right after I did, just made me love that dork even more. I don't think he wins the title on December 2, but either way, it has to be when he goes full heel, right?

Conti is somehow in better shape then she was in the WWE. That woman... :atp:

I'm happy that a wrestler finally stood up for themselves for once even if they lost their job over it. None of this is ever going to change unless wrestlers do it.

There will be a large number of wrestlers who won't do it, inside and outside of WWE.

Also, War Games on December 6th.

This was Regal's funniest WAR GAMES! announcement yet. Regal milked it for all it was worth.

Adam Cole killed Pat.

For once The Undisputed Era actually want to be in War Games.

Sami Zayn on Twitter
“I hear that as United States Champion, Bobby Lashley is working on a new finishing move called “The American Way”, where he sets up a base on my property, destroys my home, has his friends take whatever is left, then says he did it for freedom & makes me out to be the bad guy.”
So Zayn is doing the foreign heel gimmick yet spitting facts like Captain Planet Champion era Daniel Bryan. What they say is accurate but they say it in a *****ey way.

Top Flight look very promising.

Cody Rhodes getting beat down each week while having a stable of wrestlers that don't help him half the time is dumb. Especially dumb when the Gunn Club is in the front row when it is happening.

I'm a hundred percent convinced Will Hobbs came out the womb holding a steel chair.

Undertaker_x_Snoop_Dogg_1920x1080_Sent__dfbf94cc3ca824141624fe889b37f31f.0.jpg

Screen_Shot_2020_11_20_at_12.32.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2020_11_20_at_12.34.13_PM.png

Trey could fit in AEW than NXT, where Dez and Wentz could shine in.

From Impact, the contracts of Sami Callihan, Taya Valkyrie, and Ethan Page are set to expire next month or January.

Trey could fit in AEW than NXT, where Dez and Wentz could shine in.

From Impact, the contracts of Sami Callihan, Taya Valkyrie, and Ethan Page are set to expire next month or January.

I think Taya will want to join her husband John Morrison in WWE.

Of the Rascalz I think Dez has the most potential to succeed in WWE, Trey and Wentz I fear will be stuck in NXT/205 Live.

Safe to say Callihan isn’t gonna go back to WWE anytime soon.

I am watching last week's AEW. I have to say, I love MJF's slow takeover of the Inner Circle. I don't care for him in the ring, but this is gold. Kenny bringing up that he and Moxley are technically 0-0 right after I did, just made me love that dork even more. I don't think he wins the title on December 2, but either way, it has to be when he goes full heel, right?
Conti is somehow in better shape then she was in the WWE. That woman... :atp:
I think MJF is really good in the ring and he is just not the dominant type of wrestler you see now, but then I love Moxley and Bobby Roode from a wrestling standpoint. They can slow things down without making me want to find the nearest cliff to to jump off like when I watch Orton. Who I feel goes out of his way not to engage you in a match to where he won't do any of his cool **** anymore, and just slap his boring ass headlock on, I swear, you compare the way Randy executes a rest hold to the way Bret Hart or Jake Roberts does it's not even close. Someone taught people to be a bump on a log, no struggle or movement allowed to make it not feel boring.

Last edited:
I think MJF is really good in the ring and he is just not the dominant type of wrestler you see now, but then I love Moxley and Bobby Roode from a wrestling standpoint. They can slow things down without making me want to find the nearest cliff to to jump off like when I watch Orton. Who I feel goes out of his way not to engage you in a match to where he won't do any of his cool **** anymore, and just slap his boring ass headlock on, I swear, you compare the way Randy executes a rest hold to the way Bret Hart or Jake Roberts does it's not even close. Someone taught people to be a bump on a log, no struggle or movement allowed to make it not feel boring.
I am with you on Orton, though I do think that in their first and last match, Drew got the best out of him, maybe ever. Still don't like watching him.

When it comes to MJF, I have always been a bigger fan of workers who make it all seem incredibly athletic, and that they are having a genuine fight. So super stiff, quick movement, not a lot of the obviously assisted moves. Basically, Puro/King's Road/Strong Style/British over something more typically American. I actually cringe at stuff like Irish whips, Spanish flies, and Canadian Destroyers, but if everything else is going well, I don't get all that bothered. It's one of the reason I can't stand watching Cody, because unlike someone like Orange Cassidy or Yano who I enjoy in the ring, I am not in on the joke. Moxley is a guy I really enjoy in Japan, but not so much in AEW. I honestly don't like watching the Young Bucks, though I think for what they do, they are pretty darn good.

There are levels to this though. Like Tanahashi has always been more classically American in his approach, but I still really like watching him. Same with HBK, Cena, AJ, and Austin. But I definitely prefer the likes of Eddie, Bryan, Nakamura, WALTER, Okada, Ibushi, etc. Guys who make it look like it hurts when they hit you, sell like they are in a legit fight and make the most obviously unrealistic feel like it is real. One of my favorite aspects of the best of Europe and Japan is how they take a lot of the stuff I am not big on in America or even Mexico, and blend it into their base, to make it work a lot better for me. Naito is a good example of that.

Finally saw Drew and Orton. Don't like Orton at all, but I loved how big Drew felt. I wish there was crowds for this. Drew would be getting a crazy response imo. Dude's a superhero, in the best way possible at this point imo.

I am with you on Orton, though I do think that in their first and last match, Drew got the best out of him, maybe ever. Still don't like watching him.

When it comes to MJF, I have always been a bigger fan of workers who make it all seem incredibly athletic, and that they are having a genuine fight. So super stiff, quick movement, not a lot of the obviously assisted moves. Basically, Puro/King's Road/Strong Style/British over something more typically American. I actually cringe at stuff like Irish whips, Spanish flies, and Canadian Destroyers, but if everything else is going well, I don't get all that bothered. It's one of the reason I can't stand watching Cody, because unlike someone like Orange Cassidy or Yano who I enjoy in the ring, I am not in on the joke. Moxley is a guy I really enjoy in Japan, but not so much in AEW. I honestly don't like watching the Young Bucks, though I think for what they do, they are pretty darn good.

There are levels to this though. Like Tanahashi has always been more classically American in his approach, but I still really like watching him. Same with HBK, Cena, AJ, and Austin. But I definitely prefer the likes of Eddie, Bryan, Nakamura, WALTER, Okada, Ibushi, etc. Guys who make it look like it hurts when they hit you, sell like they are in a legit fight and make the most obviously unrealistic feel like it is real. One of my favorite aspects of the best of Europe and Japan is how they take a lot of the stuff I am not big on in America or even Mexico, and blend it into their base, to make it work a lot better for me. Naito is a good example of that.
I think we are similar but not quite the same. I think I have more of a taste for the unrealistic in certain aspects, I also like hardcore stuff still, but recognize the era we're in, and do feel guilty about it.

Like, I kind of feel cage matches are a waste of time in particular now. But they can be good enough I guess. I generally don't like escape the cage stuff outside Bret vs Owen, so it's like if it's not southern style in nature, then who cares?

As much as I generally have soured on Orton I would like a little more Edge vs Orton and a little less of say Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano. As much as I enjoy that too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"