A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

I am really enjoying the AEW women's #1 contender tournament so far. The Riho/Deeb match was great. Love they are doing stuff in Japan.

152019519_760522634859365_281989939688111774_n-1.jpg
151369166_1060479824461640_6159899661420053501_n.jpg

I am conflicted by a Bianca vs. Sasha match for the Smackdown Women's Title because I like them both. If Bianca wins, it's a great moment for her but it also means that Sasha goes 0-6 at Wrestlemania. If Sasha wins, she gets her first Mania win but Bianca loses all momentum with a clean loss. It's why I think that Bayley will be added to make it a Triple threat match, but even if Bianca pins Bayley, Sasha still goes 0-6 at Mania. Sasha pins Bayley, Bianca doesn't lose her momentum because she wasn't the one who got pinned. Bayley already has two Mania wins, so she can easily afford a loss.

Yeah @Dr. Evil would suck for both if either of them loses...but then, didnt hbk or hhh lost most of their Wrestlemania matches?

So its not always about winning i think, it's more about having a Great Match people talk about in years.

Yeah @Dr. Evil would suck for both if either of them loses...but then, didnt hbk or hhh lost most of their Wrestlemania matches?

So its not always about winning i think, it's more about having a Great Match people talk about in years.

yeah but I am sure that Triple H and HBK won at least once in their first six Mania matches. This will be Sasha's sixth mania match. She's currently 0-5.

Didn't expect Kevin Owens to lose this one.

I guess that's the end of that feud.

Listen...I like heel Roman Reigns as much as anyone else, but we're approaching the "What was the point of that match?" with him now.

Bryan is the best. Edge vs. Roman at Mania. I am curious who fights Drew at Mania. They totally undersold what happened to Bryan.

Listen...I like heel Roman Reigns as much as anyone else, but we're approaching the "What was the point of that match?" with him now.
I felt like the point of that match was pretty decent. The problem was they didn't sell it correctly. They avoided the obvious talking point of how he stacks the deck and uses his influence.

I felt like the point of that match was pretty decent. The problem was they didn't sell it correctly. They avoided the obvious talking point of how he stacks the deck and uses his influence.

Having the "extra match" was silly. Just have him in the Chamber and he come in when the last person is on their "last legs".

Having the "extra match" was silly. Just have him in the Chamber and he come in when the last person is on their "last legs".
Nah, I think this worked better imo. He has less control of that. There would have been no reason for a group to not team up on him. That said, they sold it really, really poorly.

Hopefully this leads to a Miz/Lashley/Drew triple threat at Wrestlemania with Lashley FINALLY getting his Heavyweight title run.

Hopefully this leads to a Miz/Lashley/Drew triple threat at Wrestlemania with Lashley FINALLY getting his Heavyweight title run.
I am going to go with Lashley taking it off the Miz at Fastlane, and Drew taking it at Mania. This time in front of fans. With fans at Mania, I don't see faces not winning the two major titles.

I an hoping for a Triple Threat match at Mania for the Smackdown Women's Championship: Sasha vs. Bayley vs. Bianca with Sasha pinning Bayley for her first Mania win.

I am going to go with Lashley taking it off the Miz at Fastlane, and Drew taking it at Mania. This time in front of fans. With fans at Mania, I don't see faces not winning the two major titles.

That would be the most convoluted mess ever. Also, the "big face" in Edge is prime to win the title against Roman. I think the WWE wouldn't mind a heel having the belt on RAW.

That would be the most convoluted mess ever. Also, the "big face" in Edge is prime to win the title against Roman. I think the WWE wouldn't mind a heel having the belt on RAW.
It wouldn't even be in the top 10 most convoluted WM title matches ever. Hell, just look at last year, with Braun and Goldberg.

No he's not. Drew's the face in the WWE. Edge is the pitstop. They have spent the last year making that clear. For him to lose the belt, it took Hogan or Cena booking. It is why the Edge situation happened at the start of the PPV and Drew losing the belt happened in the main event. Since the return of the dual titles, the only heel to walk out champion was Brock. No one else. The last two have been straight sweeps, including Brock losing twice.

IMO what they want is what has been mentioned since last summer. For Drew to get properly crowned with a crowd. Also IMO Lashley isn't a long term champion.

It wouldn't even be in the top 10 most convoluted WM title matches ever. Hell, just look at last year, with Braun and Goldberg.

No he's not. Drew's the face in the WWE. Edge is the pitstop. They have spent the last year making that clear. For him to lose the belt, it took Hogan or Cena booking. It is why the Edge situation happened at the start of the PPV and Drew losing the belt happened in the main event. Since the return of the dual titles, the only heel to walk out champion was Brock. No one else. The last two have been straight sweeps, including Brock losing twice.

IMO what they want is what has been mentioned since last summer. For Drew to get properly crowned with a crowd. Also IMO Lashley isn't a long term champion.

Okay, I take back the "ever".

Still, the Royal Rumble winner generally closes out the show. Edge/Reigns will be the ME. Frankly, letting Lashley win the title plays the long game. Drew'll be the Face for a long time. Him having a solid feud chasing Lashley not only helps Drew, but elevates Lashley and the Hurt Business to being legit ME threats.

FWIW, this is just my opinion, of course.

If it's a one vs. one of Sasha vs. Bianca, I am conflicted on who I want to win because I like them both. If Bianca wins, Sasha loses and goes 0-6 at Wrestlemania. That's not impressive. Now I know that HBK and Triple H don't have good Mania records either, but both have won at least one time in their first six Mania matches. If Sasha wins, Bianca loses all momentum. I prefer a Triple Threat match, with Bayley (Ding Dong Hello) and Sasha getting her first Mania win by pinning Bayley (who has two Mania wins already and can easily afford a Mania loss) and Bianca can continue to chase after the title after Mania. It keeps Bianca still looking strong and have her claim that Sasha didn't pin her at Mania. This is the route I want to see. If Bianca pins Bayley in a triple threat, Sasha still goes 0-6 at WrestleMania. I'd rather be Sasha to be the one who pins Bayley (or Carmella) in a Triple Threat match and then have Bianca chase her after Mania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"