The Wrestling Thread Welcomes Our Tribal Chief

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Hunter Rider Ronin

2. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Royal Rumble “spoilers”. Funny.
    634283CD-15F3-4943-9330-3FAD62112D40.jpeg

3. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

Sometimes Rampage is filmed live on Friday nights.

Hook is Lil Samoa Joe and I’m with it.

I’m watching the GCW show tonight. I don’t follow the company that much to have any expectations or desires. Just happy to support.

#10353 Blitzkrieg Bop, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  4. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

IInspiration, the former IIconics, were offered to return to WWE for Royal Rumble and they shot it down feeling it was not the right time. Had they accepted, their appearance would have been approved by Impact and would be a similar deal with Mickie James. Impact would have had both KO's Champion and Tag Team Champions in Royal Rumble.

TheVileOne likes this.
  5. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

WRLD on GCW was alright. If you’re a fan of the company watch it for the significance. If you have mild interest don’t bother. Matt Cardona had the best match and is maybe the best thing GCW has to offer. However his bloated (and entertaining) match was long and the main event ended up being only about 5 minutes. Moxley vs Homicide was nothing remarkable other than how dead the crowd was. Like all the other GCW shows I’ve seen, this was a mixed bag. Some good wrestling and big spots balanced with indie bull****. I’m still rooting for these Outlaws but I’m not gonna throw $15-$25 around for just any old show they do. I’ll stick with AEW and New Japan.

NDX and TheVileOne like this.
  6. Hunter Rider Ronin

7. TheVileOne Registered

I respect them for turning it down.

vantheman77 and NDX like this.
  8. Hunter Rider Ronin

9. javonstokess Registered

I wonder when Alexa Bliss will go back to her original gimmick. Still not a fan of her being given the Fiend's gimmick.

10. Hunter Rider Ronin

11. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

Watched the 2008 Rumble today. It has a great finale. Triple H eliminating Cody Rhodes is in retrospect the best elimination of the match. They had 6 commentators for this. Did they have to raise their hands to speak so they wouldn’t talk over each other? Michael Buffer can **** off. Was this the beginning of pointing to the Wrestlemania sign?

12. Hunter Rider Ronin

@DarthSkywalker I know you're a big fan of Brandi so I just thought I'd let you know she had a match on the latest AEW Dark Elevation. :D: Jokes aside if Cody was willing to lean fully into being a heel Brandi would be a great asset as she already gets it and is basking in the hate, few things build heat better than that kind of arrogance. Also if you watched Shimmer way back you'll be pleased see Leva Bates in a tag match against Thunder Rosa and Ruby Soho. :D

Tony Khan must be a fan of Dusty's promo video idea for Beach Blast '93 looking at this, the stuff with Cole and the Puddin' Commander is complete cringe but there's good stuff at the end from Daniel Garcia and 2point0.

Bit of oldschool quality for anyone interested.

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  13. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

If Brandi was smart, she'd take some pointers from watching old clips of Sunny and Vickie Guerrero.

Stars today would KILL for the kind of heel heat Vickie used to naturally get when she started that "EXXXXCUUUUUUUUUSE MEEEEEEEEE" catchphrase. She was perfect.

14. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

Sammy created an all time highlight from this ladder match.

Adam Cole always has good weapons matches.

Looking forward to the Texas Death Match between Hangman and Lance.

We finally get Punk vs MJF but I’m sure it won’t be the only time they throw down. So close to Revolution I expect a rematch.

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  15. Hunter Rider Ronin

There was more good than bad on Dynamite this week so I'll get the "main event" out of the way first, the presentation of Cole and Captain Puddin' on the beach was like Zoolander and the match was garbage, there's nothing credible about how it was worked, these 2 don't need to be in this type of match, this is the type of stuff that can be great in pro wrestling, think Flair vs Funk, Hart vs Austin, Page vs Savage and HBK vs Triple H......heat, stars, believability, this had none of that, we get some clown goof coming from under the ring, then a bunch of contrived spots, run-ins from the gooftroop and Curly & Moe before Cole runs off and they awkwardly work their way to a ludicrous finish where Cole does the ****ing job for this moron after just standing there being hugged by him. :dry: I either feel sorry for Cole getting booked in this trash or if he's actually into doing this, **** him. JR could barely hide his disdain for this mess.

Now I've gotten the bile off my chest the show opened with an excellent ladder match, there's always going to be a little contrived stalling in these matches to set spots up but overall Cody and Sammy delivered a spectacular ladder match with physicality, good pacing and some stunning highspots, the diving cutter from Sammy as he jumped from one ladder to cut Cody off the other was one of the greatest big spots I've ever seen, it was perfectly executed and I didn't mind it not being the finish as it was sold properly and i liked the simple finish of them fighting on the ladder and Sammy smashing Cody in the face with the belt before pulling them down, great stuff!

Wardlow squashing a couple of jobbers in a handicap match was classic monster booking, the same was done with guys like Sid and Vader.

A little promo from Hobbs and Ricky Starks on a freezing beach was next, to use one of JR's favourite sayings they maximuzed their minutes, making their challenges to Dante and Jay Lethal succinctly, these 2 guys are stars sitting on the sidelines while every week I have to see the gooftroop stinking the place out. :confused:

The Trios match was fine, solid TV bout, gotta shout @NDX out again in regards to Garcia and 2point0, it's took me a few weeks to seperate the actual cosplay jobber bums like the Gooftroop, Matt Hardy's indierific nobodies, the dark snoreder and the dinosaur tool, from guys that just aren't getting pushed properly like Hobbs, Starks, The Acclaimed and Daniel Garcia. I like Santana & Ortiz but they need to realise it's a 5 count to get in and out, not 30. I'm not really interested in Jericho but the story between him and Santana & Ortiz was progressed well and i enjoyed the solid tag team heel work from Garcia and 2point0.

Punk and MJF were up next and are operating at another level to everyone else right now, i wonder who is booking this. Both guys delivered fantastic promos before Punk cops a beatdown from the heels, i loved how he lunged for MJF, grabbing his scarf before getting beaten down again and then Wardlow did a good job of looking conflicted about Powerbombing Punk on the chair, MJF finished the angle off perfectly copying Punk's sitting gimmick on his chest and telling him he'll see him in Chicago next week, absolute gold!

Red Velvet vs Leyla Hirsch was just kind of there, Hirsch has such an odd look like the picture ratio on your TV is out of whack and she looks squashed. Velvet started off with some fire which made sense given the angle, but then she just reverted into some athletic spots that all looked half speed, then Leyla beat her and slapped a cross armbreaker on for some post match heat which brought Statliner running out and then getting stopped by the invisible wall that drew audible eye rolling from JR that Excalibur scrambled to cover. :funny:

Solid promo package to promote the AEW World title match in 2 weeks between Hangman Page and Murderhawk, I particularly liked Page's go home lines here and I'm glad they're doing this on Dynamite so Page can move on to another challenger for the March PPV. There were 2 short backstage promos around this point as well with a decent one from the House of Black and a clunky one from Julia, I didn't realise she spoke or wrestled, she needs to ditch the eyepatch gimmick now.

Britt Baker is a star, she looks a million dollars, talks and carries herself like the Queen of the company, her promo was great and just her basking in her ego and achievements for some heat, simple stuff and Tony Khan is learning not every segment needs to end in an angle.

Looking forward to the big one next week, Nyla Rose vs Ruby Soho! :D no disrespect, it should be fine, their first match was decent, but Chicago is going to be rocking next week for Punk vs MJF and I'm not only looking forward to the match but also seeing how it's booked overall as this is just the end of chapter one, there's plenty left in this story.

#10365 Hunter Rider, Jan 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    DarthSkywalker and NDX like this.
  16. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

That match is very much a "**** him" moment from Cole. He's just another of the jokes in the company and I skip all his matches.

Listening to Garcia he sounds a lot like Mark Whalberg and projects a cockiness that matches. I'm tired of 2point0 eating puns, they're one of the few teams that actually have it in the ring. Although they're still getting treated better than The Acclaimed.

17. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Bullet Club and Gisele Shaw have arrived in Impact.

18. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

19. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Dammit, and I just started watching again, too.

vantheman77 likes this.
  20. DarthSkywalker My Hands Are Cold (he/him)

Didn't Bullet Club technically arrive when Jay White did?

vantheman77 likes this.
  21. DOBSON10 Custom User Title

upload_2022-1-28_12-17-14.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-28_12-17-32.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-28_12-21-5.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-28_12-19-35.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-28_12-19-53.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-28_12-20-17.jpeg

#10371 DOBSON10, Jan 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Hunter Rider likes this.
  22. Hunter Rider Ronin

You're probably right, I've been giving Cole the benefit of the doubt for weeks but he must have more say in how he's booked than this, so the only conclusion is he's into working moronic matches with comedy goofs. I notice his better half was smart enough to distance herself from the entire thing this week after last weeks fiasco, focusing on herself instead.

:funny: I was just thinking after watching that 0romo vid the other day for this weeks Impact that Garcia has a bit of a young Wahlberg about him, Mark or Donnie. The AEW tag division is a mess, FTR, The Acclaimed, Santana & Ortiz and 2point0 gives them a solid base to build it on, but we barely see FTR and The Acclaimed and 2point0 are always getting jobbed out in any big match they have.

23. Hunter Rider Ronin

24. DOBSON10 Custom User Title

Since they're all gonna be at the Royal Rumble this weekend...

Kelly Kelly
    upload_2022-1-28_15-31-36.jpeg
    Lita
    upload_2022-1-28_15-24-59.jpeg
    Brie Bella
    upload_2022-1-28_15-32-0.jpeg
    Maryse
    upload_2022-1-28_15-32-27.jpeg
    Michelle McCool
    upload_2022-1-28_15-32-56.jpeg
    Mickie James
    upload_2022-1-28_15-39-59.jpeg