A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

You're probably right, I've been giving Cole the benefit of the doubt for weeks but he must have more say in how he's booked than this, so the only conclusion is he's into working moronic matches with comedy goofs. I notice his better half was smart enough to distance herself from the entire thing this week after last weeks fiasco, focusing on herself instead.

:funny: I was just thinking after watching that 0romo vid the other day for this weeks Impact that Garcia has a bit of a young Wahlberg about him, Mark or Donnie. The AEW tag division is a mess, FTR, The Acclaimed, Santana & Ortiz and 2point0 gives them a solid base to build it on, but we barely see FTR and The Acclaimed and 2point0 are always getting jobbed out in any big match they have.
Oh, he's definitely into this bulllshirt. Just from the Middle Aged Bucks kissing him you can see he's treating all as a joke after years being one of the top wrestlers in the biz. Guess he got tired of putting the effort in.

2point0 are looking better than the Acclaimed right now but not by much. They make much more noise than Bowens and Castor does as characters and debuted challenging Moxley and Kingston. Even in a loss they looked strong and kept the same vibe going ever since. But they still lose. And lose. And lose. Too much talent going to waste while we have to sit through Old Man Stung and Cole getting hugged to death.

I'll still be sticking to AEW because as little as they shine when they do they shine bright.

Sasha announces her return the night before the Rumble. We have to assume Bayley's back tomorrow. There are the rumors of Rousey. I can honestly see any of Sasha, Bayley, Bianca, Lita, and Ronda winning it. Which is probably the most open a women's Rumble has been.

I'm starting to think the Ronda rumors are true because I somehow feel like Sasha would've been the surprise entrant if no one else bigger was on the horizon.

Loving how the Women's Rumble is shaking up. I'm hoping Sasha gets the Rumble win but I think it's Ronda if she's gonna be there.

Well with all these rumors about Rousey showing up, I don’t know.

For now I’ll still say Lita.

Have no clue for the Men’s Rumble.

Okay so, here is how I'm thinking. If Ronda is back, she wins it. That will lead to:
Becky vs. Ronda
Charlotte vs. Lita
Sasha vs. Trish
Bayley vs. Bianca

for Mania. If Ronda doesn't come back tonight, I got Bianca winning leading to:
Becky vs. Bianca
Charlotte vs. Lita
Sasha vs Trish
Bayley vs. Ronda

For the men, it's completely dependent on who loses the title at the Rumble, as I firmly believe either Roman or Brock will. If Roman loses his title, Big E wins. If Brock loses his title, Brock wins the Rumble.

Ngl, as someone who really loved Ronda's run and been looking forward to her eventual comeback, this is the one time I don't want it. We'll find out in a couple weeks, but I can't help but feel WWE won't be able to resist and hot shot Becky vs Ronda for WM. Obviously a big money match and helps Becky because she's been losing considerable steam but I don't like the thought of Bianca being left in the cold especially after getting squashed in 20 seconds at Summerslam.

Also was hoping Sasha vs Charlotte, which I think they're gearing up for 'Mania, would've gotten a main event slot for what I hoped would see Sasha finally getting her first win at the show.

Becky vs Ronda would essentially kill a big spot for Bianca and take a main event slot because there's no way Vince would have a women's match close both nights.

Just watched Sonya/Naomi. We need more wrestlers with Sonya's level off offense. Her first proper match back, and she didn't look out of place. With her and Asuka back, and hopefully Io and Dakota call ups, the main rosters for the women ain't looking so thin right anymore.

Ngl, as someone who really loved Ronda's run and been looking forward to her eventual comeback, this is the one time I don't want it. We'll find out in a couple weeks, but I can't help but feel WWE won't be able to resist and hot shot Becky vs Ronda for WM. Obviously a big money match and helps Becky because she's been losing considerable steam but I don't like the thought of Bianca being left in the cold especially after getting squashed in 20 seconds at Summerslam.

Also was hoping Sasha vs Charlotte, which I think they're gearing up for 'Mania, would've gotten a main event slot for what I hoped would see Sasha finally getting her first win at the show.

Becky vs Ronda would essentially kill a big spot for Bianca and take a main event slot because there's no way Vince would have a women's match close both nights.
The main event of night 2 is Brock vs. Roman. It's the money match, it's headlining the show. If they got Ronda to agree to it, there is no way they aren't doing Becky vs. Ronda. My only question is, who is the face. The weekly crowds might be weird about it, but come Mania night, I don't see the crowd cheering for Ronda over Becky. And Ronda would lose her shirt over that. :funny:

Sasha vs. Trish seems to be on the cards. Both keep hinting at it online. Which is why I do think they are going for Charlotte vs. Lita. I'd prefer Charlotte vs. Sasha though. Sasha might actually take the title off her.

My only question is, who is the face. The weekly crowds might be weird about it, but come Mania night, I don't see the crowd cheering for Ronda over Becky.

This is another reason why I don't think it's the right time for Ronda vs Becky. No way Ronda gets cheered over Heel Becky at Mania, plus Becky's heat in general has cooled. I think it'd be better if they build up the feud for next year's Mania that way you give time to get Becky as a face again and get people pumped again for the matchup.

Regardless, I wouldn't blame WWE for chasing the Ronda Becky match asap. I get there's a lot of money there and there's never a guarantee that stars stays injury-free till the next big event. However if they do Ronda-Becky this year, I absolutely want them to do Ronda-Sasha at next year's Mania if Rousey is sticking for another year. Their match 3 years ago was A+.

Sasha deserves the Rumble win. She's jobbed at Wrestlemania more than once. I think it's her time to have her moment.

The rumor is Ronda vs. Charlotte at Wrestlemania, so the possibility of Becky vs. Bianca could still happen.

The rumor is Ronda vs. Charlotte at Wrestlemania, so the possibility of Becky vs. Bianca could still happen.

What? Wow kinda random. If that's true then what are they gonna do with Sasha for WM?? I guess it's probably Sasha vs Trish then? It's the only thing that doesn't feel like a complete waste of her caliber on the biggest show of the year. Yet honestly it also feels like a step down after last year imo. That's like Bret Hart vs Bob Backlund levels of mundane. And I love Trish.

Regardless if it means saving Becky and Ronda for next year and not wasting Bianca, it's more worth it I suppose.

Also been thinking of the Men's Rumble and I have NO clue who's gonna win that one.

That match was amazing, but the ending really pissed me off. Unless they have changed plans and this is the Mania match. If so, fine. Seth goes over at Mania. If not, this sucks.

Women's Rumble time! :mrk:

Cha Cha out first!

And that is a very good Sailor Moon outfit. :ilv:

#2 Melina.

Last edited:
Yeah Melina, your splits are still impressive, but hard to compete with Sasha on that one. Melina out quick.

#3 Tamina.

#4 Kelly Kelly.

The camera work is as terrible as you'd expect.

Tamina clearly missed a spot with Sasha. :lmao:

Last edited:
Rampage was a decent hour of wrestling again, the promo vid for Mercedes Martinez vs Thunder Rosa next week was good and i liked the simple Serena Deeb vignette. Darby's promo was decent even if the empty equipment cupboard sized room was an odd setting, and what is the deal with Andrade? Was he so badly booked in WWE that this nonsense is any better?

Moxley is a weird one, I remember way back in the FCW days there were Terry Funk and Roddy Piper comparisons and there were some elements in his selling style as regards Funk and in some of the rambling promos like Piper could do at times, he wasn't as convincingly unstable as say Randy Savage or Scott Steiner but the pyscho heel stuff suited him, where as these days he seems to want to be Steve Austin but he's nowhere near as convincing as Austin was as a badass and the exaggerated Vince-esque swagger walk he does isn't helping. The match with Bowens was decent and mostly took place in the ring with Bowens getting plenty of offense in before eating the inevitable pin.

Jade vs Julia was short and sweet, Julia got a couple of hope spots in before being overpowered, Jade is working smartly around her inexperience, not putting herself in situations she's not ready for with stuff she doesn't know how to do, and she works her character into her matches really well.

I enjoyed FTR vs Brock Anderson & Shotty Lee. From the way he moves, to his build and face to the execution of moves there's no doubt Brock is the product of Arn's sperm, the question is can he talk like his Dad? FTR are the best tag team around and led the two younger wrestlers through a very solid, proper tag team match.

The same can't be said of the tag team title main event, contrived spots abound and after a while it just became a Texas tornado rules match with all 4 guys in the ring. I'don't rate Goofasaurus at all and I've finally realised who he reminds me of, Abyss! another big guy that didn't know how to work to his size and didn't understand that because he could do certain athletic moves doesn't mean he should. The ash boys running in afterwards and attacking Jurassic Express progressed their angle, I imagine we'll see a 6 man soon with Billy and Christian in the mix.

Oh, he's definitely into this bulll****. Just from the Middle Aged Bucks kissing him you can see he's treating all as a joke after years being one of the top wrestlers in the biz. Guess he got tired of putting the effort in.

2point0 are looking better than the Acclaimed right now but not by much. They make much more noise than Bowens and Castor does as characters and debuted challenging Moxley and Kingston. Even in a loss they looked strong and kept the same vibe going ever since. But they still lose. And lose. And lose. Too much talent going to waste while we have to sit through Old Man Stung and Cole getting hugged to death.

I'll still be sticking to AEW because as little as they shine when they do they shine bright.

It's really looking that way, I hope they aren't going to have him take the title off Hangman Page for his feud with Larry. I've read a few theories that Shawn was behind a lot of his presentation, attitue and matches in NXT and left to his own devices with his buddies this is the Adam Cole we get.

The Acclaimed have so much potential it's ridiculous that they are booked as they are, same with Hobbs and Starks, and while 2point0 get their heat back with the one who talks like Brian Knobs being especially obnoxious on the mic, they're being beaten into oblivion at this point, meanwhile so much time is eaten up by goofs and a pensioner.

Agreed, I only returned to watching wrestling because Punk, and to a lesser extent Bryan, joined AEW but I've found several others in the company I enjoy and so far the good stuff has been really good, enough for me to overlook the bad comedy wrestlers and over choreographed, cooperation incorporated cosplay wrestlers, where as with WWE Roman, Walter and Rick Steiner's kid aren't enough for me to overlook their horrible times square presentation, monotonous scripted promos and the absolutely stupid stuff I've seen with Alexa Bliss and things like the MITB match at Titan tower.

Last edited:
ezgif-7-a8384ea9d2.gif

272929955_690234065469377_6015750964207104428_n.jpg

#5 Aliyah.

#6 Liv.

Feels like we have some women who will be going awhile in there now.

#7 Zelina.

Zelina eliminates Sasha early! Crowd is pissed.

#8 Bianca.

#9 Dana.

#10 McCool.

#11 Sonya, who has decided to do commentary instead.

#12 Nat, everyone's least favorite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"