A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

I don't think it's a terrible mindset to leave a job that shackles you, makes you unhappy, and doesn't treat you as well as some of your peers, even when you're arguably as good at your job as they are.

You don't need to be a grown up to get a Brock Lesnar type of deal. Brock Lesnar, a guy who was still throwing around homophobic slurs in 2016, and throws title belts at his boss, got himself a Brock Lesnar type of deal.

Reigns was pretty much declared the chosen one. That has little to do with being a grown up or not.

The only thing Roman has over Moxley is looks. Moxley is absolutely better talker, and unlike Reigns, has actually been successful as a top babyface.

That has started to turn the last few weeks. On Friday he was getting more cheers than boos.

But they have. It's started to become a mix of boos and cheers, but the cheers have started to drown out the boos.
But that doesn't change the point. He's not a babyface. They aren't cheering him because he's a babyface, they are cheering him because he's been booked to the moon and is a "cool" heel. Like Brock for years. That's not being a proper babyface. He spent 5 years getting booed as a babyface.

But that doesn't change the point. He's not a babyface. They aren't cheering him because he's a babyface, they are cheering him because he's been booked to the moon and is a "cool" heel. Like Brock for years. That's not being a proper babyface. He spent 5 years getting booed as a babyface.

Of course, that's how they cheered for The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Of course, that's how they cheered for The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin.
The Rock, yes. Austin, no. It was a purposeful switching of roles. Watch the Mania match. The crowd flips during the match. Roman is cheered,because he's the only guy they protect with booking outside of Brock, who also gets massive pops heel or face. Becky's is an actual organic face, same with Liv and Bianca. They were cheered for being babyfaces. Roman is already a special attraction part timer.

Last edited:
I don't even think Mox needs the bloody matches. He certainly was a popular star in WWE without them. I don't have to defend his wrestling ability either. He's had his share of good wrestling matches. He just wants the bloody **** I guess. Honestly AEW has 4 good to great hardcore matches and the rest of them aren't very good. Cody vs Dustin, Mox/Omega, Thunder Rosa/Britt Baker, and Mox/Kingston. Blood and Guts matches don't work so far.
AEW is wildly inconsistent, as much as WWE really. Not much better.

I don't even think Mox needs the bloody matches. He certainly was a popular star in WWE without them. I don't have to defend his wrestling ability either. He's had his share of good wrestling matches. He just wants the bloody **** I guess. Honestly AEW has 4 good to great hardcore matches and the rest of them aren't very good. Cody vs Dustin, Mox/Omega, Thunder Rosa/Britt Baker, and Mox/Kingston. Blood and Guts matches don't work so far.
AEW is wildly inconsistent, as much as WWE really. Not much better.
The blood is stupid. That it happens every match has desensitized the crowd to it completely. Which is why no one reacts to it.

That has started to turn the last few weeks. On Friday he was getting more cheers than boos.

And unless or until this somehow leads to a successful run as a top face, which we don't know that it will, this not only doesn't disprove my point, it's also not relevant to my point.

Last edited:
He has that Mudshow indie death match mentality. He’s in his mid 30’s, got a kid, and was a massive star in the biggest promotion getting paid the big bucks. He gave all of that away to bleed in front of bingo halls in dangerous death matches. What a terrible mindset.

Compare that to Roman reigns who is getting paid more than anyone on the roster while negotiating a Brock Lesnar type deal. You can see the fundamental difference in mentality. One guy grew up. The other didn’t.

I highly doubt Ambrose was ever going to get the star treatment like Reigns while Vince was around. Roman's deal has nothing to do with his mindset and more to do with his value to WWE.

Besides, Ambrose already stated several times why he left WWE and none of it was about doing death matches in bingo halls.

Moxley makes around $6M a year.

I think a major return would be a random superstar cuts a promo and then all of a sudden the lights dim a kid starts singing a song, followed by a chorus. That song the chorus is singing....."He's Got the Whole World in his Hands."

Every Smackdown segment was good to me....Oh hell yeah.

Drew said he would put Kross in a hospital or a grave.

Kross's promo was good. His stare reminds me of Sid's stare.

Two weeks in a row now where someone said hospital on WWE programming as I think Roman said it in reference to Heyman last week.

Impact Wrestling's event Emergence was very solid and well-received.

We have the debuts of Bandido and Rey Horus.

Deonna Purazzo and Chelsea Green are the new KO Tag Team Champions.

Honor No More still rages on after they won over the Bullet Club to get a shot at the Impact World Tag Team titles.

Josh Alexander and Alex Shelley delivered an awesome World title main event.

Sasha and Naomi at the She-Hulk premiere:

FaQ99iIXgAAEFte

FaQ999KX0AUW-tJ

FaQ9-anWIAAUm2h

FaQ9-InWQAc2Eo6

I hope Feige gives Sasha a call whenever he gets around to casting Storm.

Watch the Bryan Danielson vs Daniel Garcia 2 out 3 falls match on Dynamite. Sooooooo good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"