A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

There is no truth to the rumor that Asuka walked out, so says Mike Johnson of PW Insider.

Fake news reported by a crappy website called Sportskeeda that will report anything because anyone can write for it.

Honestly that would have been a surprising move considering there is no indication that Asuka was in any kind of way unhappy in the wwe.

If i remember correctly she even said in a post or so how happy she is that she can travel around the world, met so many people etc.

NJPW just did the most boring thing possible. That be some WWE booking there.

[YT]E781QE7ZQK8[/YT]

NJPW just did the most boring thing possible. That be some WWE booking there.

[YT]E781QE7ZQK8[/YT]

No, WWE booking would be Tanahashi getting three more title matches after his last loss to Okada. What we actually got I’m okay with.

No, WWE booking would be Tanahashi getting three more title matches after his last loss to Okada. What we actually got I’m okay with.

Im okay with Tanahashi winning the G1, i was hoping for Takahashi earlier this year...but after his injury i didnt knew who else i would have liked to see.

Omega would have been cool, Ibushi too...but i dont know who i would have "loved" as G1 winner.

Tanahashi getting it over Ibushi, Naito, Omega or Okada is pointless... unless the put the belt back on him. Which would be horrible imo. This is the type of booking that people have speculated led to Nakamura leaving. By the time Ibushi or Naito get a chance to be the man for a bit, they are going to be like 38. and it isn't like Okada, who is legitmately the best in the world, who is a young guy. We are talking about going backwards.

Damn, well I guess if you wanna sell out the Tokyo Dome you gotta do it with the core four. Oh well, should be a pretty tight match. If I was always right in my predictions wrestling would be boring.

RIP to Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart. I dunno what happened just heard about it now.

So why do keep watching? You do have ROH and NJPW, as well IMPACT putting out some great TV. Slammiversary was probably the best non-NJPW wrestling show this year so far.

Probably because I choose to. Free country and all.

39072720_10213223465889112_5343588921437585408_n.jpg

I finally met The Anvil at WrestleCon this year and he was a cool guy. What I loved about him growing up was he reminded me of that crazy best friend you have that would always be down for some misadventure you wanted to do at the drop of a hat no questions asked.

He had an unforgettable laugh and played for the Oakland Raiders before joining the WWF. RIP.

“Preliminary information indicates that [Neidhart] fell at home, hit his head, and succumbed to his injury.“

Reading what happened makes it even wilder. Unexpected no doubt!

Doug_Moore said:
39072720_10213223465889112_5343588921437585408_n.jpg

I finally met The Anvil at WrestleCon this year and he was a cool guy. What I loved about him growing up was he reminded me of that crazy best friend you have that would always be down for some misadventure you wanted to do at the drop of a hat no questions asked.

He had an unforgettable laugh and played for the Oakland Raiders before joining the WWF. RIP.

Cool that you got to meet him. Didn't know that he played for the Raiders.

Can't wait until it's 2045 and Gedo fanboys are still trying to convince people it's going Naito's moment.

Tanahashi getting it over Ibushi, Naito, Omega or Okada is pointless... unless the put the belt back on him. Which would be horrible imo. This is the type of booking that people have speculated led to Nakamura leaving. By the time Ibushi or Naito get a chance to be the man for a bit, they are going to be like 38. and it isn't like Okada, who is legitmately the best in the world, who is a young guy. We are talking about going backwards.

Nope, because "New Japan never does anything wrong" at least according to Dave Meltzer. They are not supposed to do anything wrong, they are 100% perfect.

:o

Not really sure how outside of Ibushi all those should have won. Omega has already won it before and is currently champion. How much more of a push or rub can he get? Dude is champ.

Okada just had an insane run with the title. Not sure why he should've won.

Not really sure how outside of Ibushi all those should have won. Omega has already won it before and is currently champion. How much more of a push or rub can he get? Dude is champ.

Yeah, i could have lived with them but they simply didnt NEEDED to win this thing in the first place.

Could they have made Ibushi win? The guy is still a Freelancer right? I mean winning the G1 isnt bound to a contract...after winning the thing you dont NEED to be around...but still.
If he doesnt have a locked contract with NJPW, they didnt needed him to win the thing.
I really dont know who i would have wanted to see win outside of Takahashi...Evil would have been cool i guess...but i dont know.
When it comes to the G1 i mostly just let it happen without thinking about it too much.

Yes Ibushi is a freelancer. He doesn't like signing longterm deals. It's probably why he didn't stay in WWE/NXT. IMHO good for him. Ibushi would not have had a positive future in WWE. Look how Japanese wrestlers are treated on the main roster.

IMHO I would've had Michael Elgin or Juice Robinson win if I was booking. Yeah Tanahashi winning is kinda boring IMHO, but I mean what does Omega winning accomplish? Naito already won and then lost to Okada. Okada was the ace for a long ass time. He defended his title against the G1 winner two years in a row. He broke the title defense record.

So it's not the same as the **** problems WWE has IMO. Now, would I have had Naito have his run by now? Yes. But oh well.

Also, Tanahashi is still a good worker.

Last edited:

I'd say anyone from the current generation would be better then going back to the past generation.

Omega, as much as I like the guy, doesn't feel like champion. Him being the first to win the G1 in its current format as champion would have gone a long way with that.

Okada is Okada. Considering how he lost his talent and his general status, him winning makes sense. But how they had him lose his block was straight... yeah that is WWE booking.

Naito should simply be ahead of Tanahashi at this point. He's arguably the most popular guy on the roster, and yet is never given that chance to be the man.

So does Hiromu have to vacate the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"