Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread - Part 1

430813_174325659376269_875973069_n.jpg

First of all the hot news: http://x-menfilms.com/2013/07/11/xforce-movie-in-the-works/

- Fox has just registered the domain: X-ForceMovie.com

X-Menfilms article that resumes the proyect history pretty well:

It appears that X-FORCE will be coming to a theater near you! The “X-Men” film is being developed at 20th Century Fox, and just three months ago, the studio registered it’s future website address at X-ForceMovie.com. This is usually how future X-Men film titles end up getting leaked. Going off previous talks with “X-Force” creator Rob Liefeld and producer Lauren Shuler Donner, things may be looking good for Cable to be brought into the mix.

Last year, Marvel consultant Mark Millar hinted at “X-Force” happening, saying…

“You have to remember that Fox grabbed the X-Men back in the ’90s because it was the biggest franchise in the world. So X-Force or Cable or Deadpool — all these amazing characters are things we haven’t really gotten to yet. ‘X-Force’ #1 was the second biggest book of all time behind Jim Lee’s ‘X-Men’ #1, so there’s an immediate brand recognition to that stuff and a build in fanbase. You go to any convention in the world, and you’ll see 20 people dressed as Deadpool. In a lot of ways, these are Marvel’s coolest characters, so I want to remind people of that and build on what we already have. I think there’s a great foundation, and just from basic conversations, we’ve come up with ten movies we could do. These things cost $150 million each to make, so we have to pick and choose what we want to do.”

On other hand, recent LatinoReview article suggested that X-Force could be part of Days of Future past apocalyptic timeline:

http://latino-review.com/2013/06/26...er.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=lrnews

So.... the inclusion of Warpath, Sunspot and Bishop would feel pretty intentional, and make it seems like it was part of the plan since day one. Makes perfect sense, if you ask me.

With Comic Con next week.... Do you think Fox will finally announce the news?

And in any case, Which members would you like to see on this spin-off, if gets made next?

Hopefully it'll be the culmination of some of these films set in the present day X-Men world
So you really want X-Men to be stuck in the past or the 90s :huh:

It doesn't make sense if X-Force and X-Men will remain separated in the near future. At some point, these two will have to interact since they belong in the same movieverse and based from the Deadpool movie, X-Men are still active.

well being X-Force, it should totally be set in the 90's, and have pouches and shoulder pads as far as they eye can see

that or, yeah, stop doing different f***ing decades each movie, Fox.

So you really want X-Men to be stuck in the past or the 90s :huh:

It doesn't make sense if X-Force and X-Men will remain separated in the near future. At some point, these two will have to interact since they belong in the same movieverse and based from the Deadpool movie, X-Men are still active.
Uh...how did you get all that from just one sentence? How does setting X-Force in the present where Deadpool is automatically make the X-Men stuck in the past? LOL.

it should worry some that Simon Kinberg Is involved with writing X-force.

I still think those who hold on to idea they will dump the younger X-men cast to bring back
the original cast without their biggest star are being naive.

If they bring In X-23 then Deadpool isn't in present but future.

Kinberg working on the script is not good at all. That is not what I wanted to hear.

The Deadpool writers confirmed they will have a hand in it luckily, and are being very cautious about who says what.
http://screenrant.com/deadpool-x-force-rhett-reese-paul-wernick/

Speaking with Indiewire, Reese and Wernick discussed how the Deadpool franchise will move forward and potentially interact with other parts of the X-universe. Asked about X-Force, they seemed to not only confirm that Deadpool will appear in the film but also that they’ll be involved with its development:
“We will have a hand in it. I think everything that ‘Deadpool’ is involved in we will have a hand in and it’s a universe that Ryan [Reynolds] and us are very close to and very protective of, so I do think we would absolutely involved in that franchise as well. If it’s Deadpool related, I think you’ll see some of our fingerprints on that.”

Last edited:
I still think those who hold on to idea they will dump the younger X-men cast to bring back
the original cast without their biggest star are being naive.

Eh they could always introduce Channing Tatum's Gambit to make up for the lack of Wolverine and at least, I don't have to see this rivalry with James' Cyclops and Hugh's Wolverine again when Cyclops always get the shorter stick.

Anyway, out of all people here, you should know better than to throw words like "naive" "delusional" to people wanting another X-Men movie set in the present.

Do you really want me to describe your attitude for that, huh?

I really dont see them bringing back the OT for anything more than a cameo experience either and as much as I loved them, they shouldnt. Its time to move on. They shouldnt jump back and forth between timelines for these characters and since the younger cast is just starting to get established, they should focus on building them up. Any X-men that appear in present day should be new characters or ones that had minor roles in previous ones.

Inless rewrites have changed gambit's setting to past gambit most likely
would be part of X-force not X-men.There is little to suggest fox even wants to
bring back original cast.patrick stewart is only one joining hugh jackman in
final wolverine film.maybe there is a couple of cameos but besides that mostly
new characters to join wolverine and Xavier.

even if daniel cudmore had agreed to be in deadpool they still was going to replace his voice.

People should be more worried that Kinberg is writing X-force according to
bryan singer than worrying about cast right now.

Time will tell.

People said the same thing after X3... and people said thing after DOFP.... and yet Patrick Stewart is coming back for W3 and Daniel Cudmore was still offered the Colossus role for Deadpool despite not letting him do the voice work.

you keep ignoring jackman out the door doesn't help get more original cast back.Colossus in deadpool was always going to be a reboot of character
even if cudmore did the motion capture.

there have been scoopers who said plan was for apocalypse & Wolverine to
be end of of original cast.it seems like wolverine is more about setting up
X-23 to replace wolverine In X-force.

It doesn't matter what anyone online wants.I don't want any more reboots but they will keep happening.

won't be surprised if lineup for X-force is deadpool,Cable,X-23,Gambit,and
Domino.

I dont recall writing or even implying that but if thats what you took from my post, then okay

Well this is what you wrote.

I really dont see them bringing back the OT for anything more than a cameo experience either and as much as I loved them, they shouldnt. Its time to move on. They shouldnt jump back and forth between timelines for these characters and since the younger cast is just starting to get established, they should focus on building them up. Any X-men that appear in present day should be new characters or ones that had minor roles in previous ones.

Let the new cast naturally age into their roles. The OT is too old

Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast are X-Men.... so you really want them to just stay in the past while the younger ones like Iceman, Colossus, Kitty are the only ones to return?

As for the age:
Patrick Stewart (75) - Professor X
Samuel L. Jackson (67) - Nick Fury
Kelsey Grammer (61) - Beast
Famke Jannsen (51) - Jean Grey
Robert Downey Jr. (51) - Iron Man
Don Cheadle (51) - War Machine
Halle Berry (49) - Storm
Mark Ruffalo (48) - Hulk
Paul Rudd (47) - Ant-Man
Jeremy Renner (45) - Hawkeye
Paul Bettanny (44) - Vision
Ben Affleck (43) - Batman
James Marsden (42) - Cyclops
Omar Sy (39) - Bishop
Chadwick Boseman (39) - Black Panther
Benedict Cumbatch (39) - Doctor Strange
Anthony Mackie (37) - Falcon
Jason Mamoa (36) - Aquaman
Channing Tatum (36) - Gambit
Shawn Ashmore (36) - Iceman
Chris Evans (34) - Captain America
Henry Cavill (33) - Superman
Anna Paquin (33) - Rogue
Chris Hemsworth (32) - Thor
Gal Gadot (31) - Wonder Woman
Scarlett Johansson (31) - Black Widow
Ellen Page (29) - Shadowcat
Elizabeth Olsen (27) - Scarlet Witch

Yeah too old for more X-Men movies, that there isn't much gap to their age compare to the actors that are currently in MCU and DCEU. So in that case we should be seeing younger version of Hakweye, Iron Man, Vision, Batman and Hulk very soon.

The only OT cast members that I find too old are Patrick and Famke... and yet prof X is always an old man in the comics while Famke looks good for her age. And Halle Berry looks like she's in her late 30s.

Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast are X-Men.... so you really want them to just stay in the past while the younger ones like Iceman, Colossus, Kitty are the only ones to return?
there are more to the Xmen than just Cyclops, Storm, Jean and Beast. There are characters that are underdeveloped like Colossus and Kitty and some that have yet to appear like Polaris and Northstar. They don't need to reuse the main stars from the first few film when those characters are getting new life in the past. Present day is an opportunity to use a different set of characters that are getting no attention

Personally, if we are gonna get Iceman, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Prof X in future films, we should see Storm, Cyclops, Jean and Beast too because we know they are still alive in the present. It was already weird in Deadpool that when we saw Deadpool came to the X-Mansion for the first time and it was just Colossus/Warhead in the mansion, though Deadpool's joke about it made it all worth it.

And yes I know there's more to the X-Men than just Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Beast thats why I already suggested before for Fox to include Gambit in the present day X-Men!

Kinberg working on the script is not good at all. That is not what I wanted to hear.

The Deadpool writers confirmed they will have a hand in it luckily, and are being very cautious about who says what.
http://screenrant.com/deadpool-x-force-rhett-reese-paul-wernick/
Hopefully it's just because Rheese and Paul are just busy writing DP2 that they can't focus on an X-Force right now, and it's just Kinberg merely jotting down ideas or writing a basic story outline or something. (Hence me saying hopefully it's the main deadpool team that's the main creative brain in the previous thread)

Otherwise RIP in pieces. But I don't think Ryan and co will let that happen. Especially if the team consists of mostly characters introduced in films under Ryan and Co.

Last edited:
Reese and Paul Wernick are probably gonna write the script for X-Force unless they are that too busy for Deadpool 2's script and Fox hires Simon Kinberg to write the script.

Hopefully it's just because Rheese and Paul are just busy writing DP2 that they can't focus on an X-Force right now, and it's just Kinberg merely jotting down ideas or writing a basic story outline or something. (Hence me saying hopefully it's the main deadpool team that's the main creative brain in the previous thread)

Otherwise RIP in pieces. But I don't think Ryan and co will let that happen. Especially if the team consists of mostly characters introduced in films under Ryan and Co.

My concern right now is that other people in the Fox game are seeing X-Force as their new major viable property and want a piece of the profit/credit. I don't want this film to be a frankenstein of ideas from different people.

But yeah, Reynolds has said time and time again he is the gate keeper to anything Deadpool. So hopefully input from the guys who are introducing Deadpool, Cable and Domino are being heavily included. Having a core group all in the same wavelength makes a difference. Deadpool would not have worked otherwise.

Last edited:
I'm alright with co-writing and whatnot, so I hope if it's not Rheese/Paul writing the entire thing, it's at the very least that. (But it might just be Kinberg producing I feel like or just writing story outlines based on Ryan and co's ideas) I just hope Fox is willing to let go of the idea that Singer/Kinberg have to have their fingerprints on everything.

Kinberg helped Deadpool get made, and it's cool that he's helping X-Force get made as well and trying to sand off the corners to try to make the franchise seem as unified as possible, just don't let him be the main creative driving force of the franchise.

DO NOT **** THIS FILM UP.

Repeat

DO NOT **** THIS UP.

That is all, normal service resumed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"