Xbox The Xbox One - - Part 14

Yeah agreed. I would say don't bother with exclusives unless they are on that must-have level. Any other focus should go on the system specs and user interface etc.
yeah.

lately, I've been watching this YouTube guy called ||MBG||. He's been a loyal Xbox owner for many years. but lately he's been growing increasingly frustrated with the state of Xbox exclusives and now the uncertain future about Xbox possibly becoming a service brand. Here are some of his vids:

Sadly, as an Xbox owner and fan, I find myself agreeing with many of MBG's opinions. Been using my Pro more lately. And while the Pro is not as powerful as the X, it offers gaming experiences I can't get on the X. Games like Spider-Man, all the JRPGs and fighting games that don't come to Xbox, etc.

Before, I was pretty sure I'd go with next Xbox for next gen. But now, I find myself more and more going back to Sony's camp.

I mean, just look at the exclusives lineup for 2019. It's laughable how sparse the Xbox lineup is compared to Sony's. not just for 1st party titles but 3rd party exclusives and games that come to PS4, Switch, PC, but not Xbox.

The thing that is keeping me with Xbox is the power of the X1X and how that does make differences with multi plat games. but that can only go so far.

and I say all this as an Xbox owner and fan who wants the Xbox to succeed. Playing multiplats with the extra power of the X, it's hard to go back and play them on the Pro. but I want some quality AAA level Xbox exclusive experiences to go with that.

Last edited:

Xbox Next
Rumor: Two next-gen Xbox models to be announced at E3 2019 [Update]
Published 14 hours ago. 302 comments.
Reportedly features SSDs and launching with Halo Infinite.

Xbox-Next-Rumor_02-22-19.jpg

The next generation of Xbox consoles will be announced at E3 2019, according to a report from French website JeuxVideo.

According to the website, the consoles are code-named “Lockhart” and “Anaconda.” Lockhart is a entry level device without a disc drive and focused on digital, while Anaconda is a high-end device priced similarly to Xbox One X at launch.

As for specifications, JeuxVideo said that data sheets leaked in late January are close to accurate, but would only confirm the presence of SSDs on each machine. Here are the data sheets from January:

Xbox “Lockhart”
Xbox “Anaconda”
CPU
Custom 8 Cores – 16 zen threads 2 Custom 8 Cores – 16 zen threads 2
GPU Custom NAVI 4+ Teraflops Custom NAVI 12+ Teraflops GPU
RAM 12GB of GDDR6 memory 16GB of GDDR6 memory
Storage SSD 1TB NVMe 1 + GB / s SSD 1TB NVMe 1 + GB / s
The Verge senior editor Tom Warren also chimed in to reiterate that not all of the above specifications are accurate.

JeuxVideo states that release is scheduled for the end of 2020, and that Halo Infinitewill be a launch title. Halo Infinite will reportedly also be available for Xbox One and PC, as originally announced, as “Microsoft is seeking to get rid of the concept of console generations.”

As for other titles, the website reports that the next game by Ninja Theory, a newly acquired Microsoft studio, will be available in early 2020.

Remember: until anything is officially announced, consider everything reported on this subject nothing more than a rumor.

Thanks, ResetEra.

Update 1:00 p.m.: Thurrott’s Brad Sams is reporting that Microsoft will talk more about its next-generation consoles at E3 2019. He says he is expecting them to talk about next-generation consoles, updates to Xbox Game Pass, new games, and that Halo Infinite will be a launch title for the next-generation platform. He also heard that Halo Infinite will have more RPG elements in it in that the story will evolve based on the decisions players make in the game.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

yeah.

lately, I've been watching this YouTube guy called ||MBG||. He's been a loyal Xbox owner for many years. but lately he's been growing increasingly frustrated with the state of Xbox exclusives and now the uncertain future about Xbox possibly becoming a service brand. Here are some of his vids:

Sadly, as an Xbox owner and fan, I find myself agreeing with many of MBG's opinions. Been using my Pro more lately. And while the Pro is not as powerful as the X, it offers gaming experiences I can't get on the X. Games like Spider-Man, all the JRPGs and fighting games that don't come to Xbox, etc.

Before, I was pretty sure I'd go with next Xbox for next gen. But now, I find myself more and more going back to Sony's camp.

I mean, just look at the exclusives lineup for 2019. It's laughable how sparse the Xbox lineup is compared to Sony's. not just for 1st party titles but 3rd party exclusives and games that come to PS4, Switch, PC, but not Xbox.

The thing that is keeping me with Xbox is the power of the X1X and how that does make differences with multi plat games. but that can only go so far.

and I say all this as an Xbox owner and fan who wants the Xbox to succeed. Playing multiplats with the extra power of the X, it's hard to go back and play them on the Pro. but I want some quality AAA level Xbox exclusive experiences to go with that.

The exclusive battle is verging on the utterly ridiculous now. Xbox will need to be the clear leader in system specs to even be in with a chance of competing next gen.

The exclusive battle is verging on the utterly ridiculous now. Xbox will need to be the clear leader in system specs to even be in with a chance of competing next gen.
but specs and power can only get you so far.

if power was most important, once the X got released, it should have shot Xbox up to #1 on the sales chart. But Switch ( the least powerful ) is still #1 most months with PS4 usually #2. Occasionally, Xbox can get to #2, but most of the time its stuck in 3rd place. And pre-Switch, it was stuck in 2nd place most of the time.

And unlike the PS4 and Switch, MS constantly has $50 off sales for the Xbox. but for the past 5 years, nothing they do seems to significantly boost Xbox sales.

and come next gen, who knows how powerful PS5 will be. If Sony comes out with a beast of a machine PLUS all their quality exclusives, that could really spell trouble for the next Xbox.

maybe MS knows this, and that's why they are setting their "plan B" for Xbox to exist as a Netflix like service if the next console gen doesn't work out.

Last edited:
wow. and now there's a rumor that Gamepass might be coming to PlayStation consoles!!

@zenith16 posted the news in the PS4 board.

and as I commented in the PS4 board, if this is true, I feel this will mark the beginning of the end of the Xbox brand as a console. It would show that MS' ultimate goal is to exit the console hardware market and focus Xbox as a publisher/service brand.

and that's bad news for Xbox console owners, imo. Why would you really need to buy an Xbox if you'd be able to play key Xbox exclusives via Gamepass on the PS4? There's really no incentive to do so if you can play all the PS exclusives, multi-plats (including multi-plats that don't come to Xbox), and now Gamepass exclusives on your PS4(or PS5). Why need an Xbox?

As an Xbox owner, these rumors are now making me very nervous and wary of buying more games for my Xbox. Even though I know MS is planning on new hardware, these rumors just contradict that message and make me uncertain about the future of Xbox consoles.

it's like MS is talking out of both sides of its mouth, sending conflicting messages about its intentions for Xbox.

and that's not good for Xbox owners, imo.

MS needs to address these rumors, and I don't think they can wait until E3. these rumors are obviously coming from somewhere. so, it seems there is some truth to them. if not, MS needs to squash them sooner rather than later.

and to add. as an Xbox owner, I don't know what to think about all these rumors, and I just want some kind of clarity about the future of Xbox. It's making me rethink my decision to stay with Xbox and go with Sony/PS this gen and next.

probably overreacting, but still...…………..

I just want MS and Xbox to succeed as a console. if nothing else, competition is healthy for the market. If MS and Sony are competitive, that will force both of them to stay on their a-game.

Last edited:
Details on the up coming micro consoles code names details inthe video below

hqdefault.jpg

Black Panther Should Have Won Best Picture - The Rundown

1.4K views 16 hours ago Published on 02/25/2019
#PlayForever #Rundown #news

Today in the Rundown, Vic gives us his thoughts on the Oscar winners! We also get the latest rumours about the next Xbox console, find out how Alita: Battle Angel might turn into a surprise success, and finally, hear some great news about the sequel to A Quiet Place!

source: http://epn.tv/

Has the games for Gamepass in march been revealed yet?

and to add. as an Xbox owner, I don't know what to think about all these rumors, and I just want some kind of clarity about the future of Xbox. It's making me rethink my decision to stay with Xbox and go with Sony/PS this gen and next.

probably overreacting, but still...…………..

I just want MS and Xbox to succeed as a console. if nothing else, competition is healthy for the market. If MS and Sony are competitive, that will force both of them to stay on their a-game.
We’ll probably know a lot more at E3 this year. They already committed to multiple new consoles so they are surely going to go for it next gen at least.

We’ll probably know a lot more at E3 this year. They already committed to multiple new consoles so they are surely going to go for it next gen at least.
yes. each year, we always say "wait for E3, wait for E3." but this year, E3 is probably the most important E3 for MS in a long time. With Sony absent this year, the spotlight will be on MS. This E3 could very well determine the future of Xbox in regards to hardware, games and exclusives, services, and the overall future direction MS wants to take Xbox in.

yes. each year, we always say "wait for E3, wait for E3." but this year, E3 is probably the most important E3 for MS in a long time. With Sony absent this year, the spotlight will be on MS. This E3 could very well determine the future of Xbox in regards to hardware, games and exclusives, services, and the overall future direction MS wants to take Xbox in.
Yes, definitely true. I didn’t realise Sony weren’t at E3 this year. Is that a first? Do you know the reason?

Yes, definitely true. I didn’t realise Sony weren’t at E3 this year. Is that a first? Do you know the reason?
I believe it is a first. Sony didn't do their "PS Experience" last December, either. think they said they don't have anything "new" to show beyond what they've shown in the years past ( Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. ). They also said they're looking for new ways to "engage" fans.

most speculate that's a sign Sony is gearing up for PS5 and they're probably saving that for another announcement/event.

but even if Sony doesn't show up at E3, PS4 games can still be revealed at the other 3rd party shows.

I believe it is a first. Sony didn't do their "PS Experience" last December, either. think they said they don't have anything "new" to show beyond what they've shown in the years past ( Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. ). They also said they're looking for new ways to "engage" fans.

most speculate that's a sign Sony is gearing up for PS5 and they're probably saving that for another announcement/event.

but even if Sony doesn't show up at E3, PS4 games can still be revealed at the other 3rd party shows.
PS4 exclusives or multiplats?

It’s a shame as I loved the E3 tradition.

PS4 exclusives or multiplats?

It’s a shame as I loved the E3 tradition.
could be PS4 exclusives, or multiplats that skip Xbox.

for example, last year E3, a Platinum made game called Babylon's Falls was revealed. I can't remember if it was revealed at PS4 conference or Square Enix, but the game is coming for PS4 and PC. so it's technically multiplat but it's not coming to Xbox...…..lol.

so, there could still be similar reveals this year, especially from J Devs, who still tend to skip Xbox.

yeah, it's a bit disappointing Sony is skipping E3 this year. but they already have quite a few exclusives ( first part and 3rd party ) lined up for this year. plus, I don't mind them skipping E3 if they have something big planned regarding PS5 at another event.

regardless, I think I am leaning back towards Sony and PlayStation, both for this gen and next. I've kind of started to lose faith and trust in MS, especially if their direction really is "games as service."

Plus, MS has a habit of ultimately abandoning hardware if they can't compete with their peers. Look at Windows Phone. And I just saw an article that MS has abandoned their fitness band device and is giving consumers refunds.

Also, I've recently decided to consolidate my gadgets and devices. I'm going to sell my Switch since I barely touch it. And I don't need both PS or Xbox.

So, I asked myself if I could only pick one console which would it be. And my answer was PlayStation. PS has the exclusives and the variety of games (fighting, JRPGs, etc.) which Xbox lacks. And, I have a feeling that trend will continue next gen as well.

I can always buy a standalone 4K player, which tend to work better than these console players.

Last edited:
If Gamepass becomes available on PS4, wouldn't it likely be different games with PS exclusives instead of xbox? I can't imagine Microsoft partnering with Nintendo AND Sony to share their exclusives and big features while still launching another new console

well, it seems like the Gamepass on Switch rumors were false or at least premature, according to Brad Sams from Thurrott.

I just don't know what to believe.

If Gamepass becomes available on PS4, wouldn't it likely be different games with PS exclusives instead of xbox? I can't imagine Microsoft partnering with Nintendo AND Sony to share their exclusives and big features while still launching another new console

yeah, the 2 strategies contradict and undercut each other. which is why all these rumors and stories are head scratching and confusing.

Xbox One
Rumor: Disc-less Xbox One due out in May
Published 14 hours ago. 149 comments.
A console for digital-only and Xbox Game Pass users.

Xbox-One-Discless_03-05-19.jpg

Microsoft will release the previously rumored disc-less Xbox One called Xbox One S All-Digital Edition in early May, according to a Windows Central report.

Reportedly code-named Xbox Maverick internally, pre-orders for the disc-less console are said to be targeting mid-April. Windows Central reports that “it could be a near-global simultaneous launch for almost all existing Xbox markets.”

Windows Central also reports whispers of a Fortnite Edition console with a custom design, though it is currently unclear whether it will be a regular Xbox One S, an Xbox One X, or a disc-less console.
source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"