Xbox The Xbox One - - Part 14

Oh. Okay then. Well if the Fox Studios buyout tells us anything, the incentive to sell is there for EA.

Oh. Okay then. Well if the Fox Studios buyout tells us anything, the incentive to sell is there for EA.

Microsoft are too behind on exclusives now to catch up just by creating new studios. It would take about 6 years to get on the level of Sony's exclusives IMO and that's assuming Sony doesn't come out with more great new ones in the meantime. A lot of Sony's exclusives are now mature and reliable and will deliver every 2-3 years. The only way to catch up in time for next gen would be to purchase a studio that has a big library already IMO. Otherwise I can't see Xbox ever getting back in front with how much damage that 2013 launch did. Just a matter of whether Microsoft value this side of the business enough to risk that much money. I think it's only going to happen if they have some plan of going for a Netflix of gaming arrangement integrating Xbox Game Pass with EA Access.

On another note EA's forecast sent their price to an all time high and did the same for Activision and Take Two. All the big options are getting even more expensive!

They're small shops in the UK and Austria. No one major really. They're threatened that Game Pass will cost them business. Yes they're saying they will not sell Xbox merchandise or consoles in their shops. One just tweeted at Microsoft about their lack of exclusives posing no real threat, though.

lol, well, that'll just cost them Xbox customers who go to the bigger retailers. This isn't the 80s and 90s, there's TONS of options, both retail and online.

Yeah, I don't see how a boycott doesn't do even more damage. If I want to buy something from one of these stores and they don't have it in 3 times in a row then I permanently change to a different shop or other solution.

I wonder if Game Pass will turn into a money spinner or not. Not sure how high the take up has been on that.

probably will take a few more quarters to get a clearer picture on Game Pass uptake.

so I've been binge watching the Netflix Voltron series, and just realized a black Xbox controller basically represents Team Voltron.

you've got the colored face buttons ( Red, Yellow, Blue, Green ) against the larger Black body of the controller.

so I've been binge watching the Netflix Voltron series, and just realized a black Xbox controller basically represents Team Voltron.

you've got the colored face buttons ( Red, Yellow, Blue, Green ) against the larger Black body of the controller.

I'm sure Phil Spencer will be over the moon about this news!

I'm sure Phil Spencer will be over the moon about this news!

they should totally release an exclusive Xbox Voltron game. :o

anyways, speaking of games, has there been anything about Crackdown 3?

it just seems MS has been strangely silent about that game.

hope it doesn't go the way of Scalebound........:(

I haven't got much interest in the Crackdown series so not really keeping my ears peeled for info on that one.

the main thing I want to know about Crackdown 3 is if it will feature Character Creation.

If it doesn't, then I can't say I'll be that interested in it, either.

anyways, this week may open up another window of opportunity for me to get an X.

so, we shall see.......

What happens this week? Deals?

What happens this week? Deals?

sort of.

finally got a big Rewards coupon from Best Buy.

also, I've run into some issues with my Sony player, so I may do an exchange for the X.

plus, got some stuff to trade in, and Valentine's Day may mean extra $$$ or gift cards. ;)

Last edited:
sort of.

finally got a big Rewards coupon from Best Buy.

also, I've run into some issues with my Sony player, so I may do an exchange for the X.

plus, got some stuff to trade in, and Valentine's Day may mean extra $$$ or gift cards. ;)

You and your neverending tech issues and exchanges/returns :funny:

Will be good to see what you finally think of the X if you do get it. Even if you do only own it for a few weeks. ;)

You and your neverending tech issues and exchanges/returns :funny:

Will be good to see what you finally think of the X if you do get it. Even if you do only own it for a few weeks. ;)

haha.........

apparently I'm not the only one with issues with this Sony player. others online have reported problems, and I did see several "open box" players at my store. guess that should have been my first clue, but the price was too good to pass up.......

but that's probably why it was on sale so much.......lol.

guess you get what you pay for.

haha.........

apparently I'm not the only one with issues with this Sony player. others online have reported problems, and I did see several "open box" players at my store. guess that should have been my first clue, but the price was too good to pass up.......

but that's probably why it was on sale so much.......lol.

guess you get what you pay for.

Yeah, test the X's 4K player. I've not had any issues yet.

Yeah, test the X's 4K player. I've not had any issues yet.

good to hear.

btw.....were you ever able to test playing 4K video files from a USB stick on the X?

I keep reading conflicting reports on if that works on the X. some say it does, while others say it doesn't. which is weird.....lol.

if it doesn't, that would obviously be a dealbreaker for me.

Last edited:
well, anyways, did some more testing with my Sony player, and it seems the player wasn't at fault but rather the media files themselves.

the files must have been corrupted because I redownloaded them fresh and now they work properly on the Sony player. no more video skipping or audio sync problems.

so......problem averted?? for now??

hope so, cuz I do like this Sony player overall and would rather have a separate standalone player. so will continue to test it some more.

good to hear.

btw.....were you ever able to test playing 4K video files from a USB stick on the X?

I keep reading conflicting reports on if that works on the X. some say it does, while others say it doesn't. which is weird.....lol.

if it doesn't, that would obviously be a dealbreaker for me.

No, didn't get around to trying that actually. Started watching directly off 4K youtube. Will have to at some point.

No, didn't get around to trying that actually. Started watching directly off 4K youtube. Will have to at some point.

oh, that's ok.

but you are able to watch 4K Youtube on your X? Is that through the Youtube app?

cuz I know on my Pro and 4K player, I can't seem to watch Youtube vids in 4K. it only lets me watch in 1080p HD.

oh, that's ok.

but you are able to watch 4K Youtube on your X? Is that through the Youtube app?

cuz I know on my Pro and 4K player, I can't seem to watch Youtube vids in 4K. it only lets me watch in 1080p HD.
Yeah, as far as I know. You remember there was that update recently?

Yeah, as far as I know. You remember there was that update recently?

ah, good to know. thanks.

then that's one thing the X can do that my other devices can't do, so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"