Xbox The Xbox One - - Part 14

Also, i just signed up to be an Xbox Ambassador. I've always felt Xbox gave me a better sense of "community" and I see this as another way to connect with fellow Xbox fans and gamers.

I guess that makes me all in on Team Xbox now.......haha.
So funny how often your mind changes on this stuff. :funny: I need a long term fighting game buddy so that suits me. :cwink:

well, adding a hot blonde agent would definitely cause a change of interest for me. I'm a simple man of simple tastes. :)

yeah, I do like how they are adding all these updates to Crackdown 3 for FREE!! you can't beat free. still not quite there for me either, but it's getting there. I dled it on gamepass, too.

Ori is legit one of the best games I've played. I'm still relatively early in the game ( I guess ) but I feel it's the total package. It's absolutely beautiful to look at ( and it's not even in 4k/HDR ). The story, characters and settings interest me ( the opening part really hit home given what I just went through with my mom ). The game itself is challenging ( almost like a Souls game in that you may die a lot to figure out the challenges ). And the whole thing doesn't need to rely on sex or excessive violence or gore. It's a game I'm really enjoying playing and one I find myself wanting to play. which is always a good sign......lol.

KI2 would be awesome as a Scarlett launch title. Here's the launch lineup I'd like to see:

Halo Infinite
KI2
Forza 8
Fable (not likely) or 1 more Xbox Studio game
3rd Party launch titles

I think that would be pretty solid, while saving more new 1st party titles for 2021 and beyond.

hopefully later this year at Gamescom and at that X19 fan event in London we will get more reveals of the new Xbox Studio games. Definitely by next year they need to start revealing those 1st party studio games. Scarlett reveal event and E3 2020 will be crucial for MS and Xbox. They can't afford to play it safe like they did this year at E3 or mess up like they did at X1 reveal.
Haha.

Yeah I love free updates too lol.

You're really selling me on Ori. It would have been years before I got round to it realistically but I'll have to try it sooner rather than later after hearing all this praise.

Yeah, that launch lineup along with complete backward compatibility would definitely be enough for me to dive in.

So funny how often your mind changes on this stuff. :funny: I need a long term fighting game buddy so that suits me. :cwink:
well, you know me. I'm just like Rapunzel in that one scene in Tangled where she goes back and forth about whether or not leaving the tower is a good/bad thing.......haha. Maybe that's why I like that movie ( and Rapunzel ) so much!! :)

but, yeah, I was this close to trading in my Xbox ( and games ) last week. But when it came time to do it, I just couldn't part with it......lol. Plus, the trade in values for the console, games, and accessories weren't exactly the highest. And I've invested a lot into the Xbox ecosystem with all the games, accessories, etc.

Also, the Xbox One X was my friend during last year. It gave me a slice of enjoyment during the difficult, sad, and trying time I went through. And Hype friends like you and some others here are on Xbox. I feel a greater sense of "community" on Xbox than on Playstation.

so, there are some "intangible" aspects of the Xbox brand that explain my continual attachment to it. my frustrations with it stem from the fact that I want it to improve and get better, especially on the exclusive 1st party games front.

Last edited:
Haha.

Yeah I love free updates too lol.

You're really selling me on Ori. It would have been years before I got round to it realistically but I'll have to try it sooner rather than later after hearing all this praise.

Yeah, that launch lineup along with complete backward compatibility would definitely be enough for me to dive in.
oh, complete full BC with ALL X1, ALL 360, and ALL OG Xbox games would be great!!

I know they are going for all X1 games + the current BC lineup of 360 and OG Xbox games. but if they can figure out a way to play all 360 and all OG Xbox games, that would definitely get my attention.

at least this time they are building BC into the new console from the beginning, instead of adding it later. so maybe they will be able to pull off full BC with all Xbox games across all generations.

2 of my favorite things in one pic! :yay:

supergirl_xbox_mahmud_asrar_82012.jpg

I wish I had art of Batman or Wolverine playing xbox

somehow, I don't see either of those characters playing Xbox.......lol.

though I'm sure Xbox is the console of choice at Xavier's School. since it has X in the name. Right?? Right?? :o

after a brief hiatus I have rejoined the Xbox family again scored the Fallout 76 Xbox X bundle for 103 dollars (90 off using GS rewards points for discount virtual coupons, and 238 in gift cards) ah yeah!

after a brief hiatus I have rejoined the Xbox family again scored the Fallout 76 Xbox X bundle for 103 dollars (90 off using GS rewards points for discount virtual coupons, and 238 in gift cards) ah yeah!
nice!! that's a sweet deal!! and welcome back. :)

You should also look into Games Pass.

Welcome to the console with the better UI and online, more powerful, and better controller. Still lacks in First Party games, but hey, there's plenty of games to play.

Speaking of the UI, I'm curious about the new Xbox's as it's always vastly different for each console plus updates.

Speaking of the UI, I'm curious about the new Xbox's as it's always vastly different for each console plus updates.

I don’t like how it changes so much. Improve it sure, but I like knowing where everything is without having it switch around so often.

oh, complete full BC with ALL X1, ALL 360, and ALL OG Xbox games would be great!!

I know they are going for all X1 games + the current BC lineup of 360 and OG Xbox games. but if they can figure out a way to play all 360 and all OG Xbox games, that would definitely get my attention.

at least this time they are building BC into the new console from the beginning, instead of adding it later. so maybe they will be able to pull off full BC with all Xbox games across all generations.
I think they want FULL BC but there are loads of issues with expired licensing for things like music within the games.

I don’t like how it changes so much. Improve it sure, but I like knowing where everything is without having it switch around so often.

I really like current set up. I'm worried they'll do something completly different again though for Xbox Scarlet(or whatever it ends up being)just for the sake of change and probably complicated to match windows 10 again.

me too. I would definitely let her win. :o

true. but it would be nice to get full BC.
Haha.

Yeah, so I believe they want to do this and can physically do this. But with the expired licensing they have to clear the issues one game at a time. Anyone else would too. When some of those licenses were originally made there was no part of the contract for devices that didn’t exist yet.

I really like current set up. I'm worried they'll do something completly different again though for Xbox Scarlet(or whatever it ends up being)just for the sake of change and probably complicated to match windows 10 again.
I don’t know for which update, but at one point I used to know where everything was. I took the time to go through every menu and learn it. And then they totally changed it! :cmad::D

I, too, hope they keep the new dashboard consistent and that it feels/looks similar to the current setup.

the PS4 dashboard may feel a bit "boring" but at least it is simple to navigate and the layout has stayed consistent since launch ( aside from a few tweaks here and there ).

I, too, hope they keep the new dashboard consistent and that it feels/looks similar to the current setup.

the PS4 dashboard may feel a bit "boring" but at least it is simple to navigate and the layout has stayed consistent since launch ( aside from a few tweaks here and there ).
I think being simple to navigate and find what you might be looking for should be a priority when designing an interface, and once you've achieved that you should keep the skeleton the same for future iterations. If you do change that underlying basis you should only be doing it once in a decade or so, not regularly.

I think being simple to navigate and find what you might be looking for should be a priority when designing an interface, and once you've achieved that you should keep the skeleton the same for future iterations. If you do change that underlying basis you should only be doing it once in a decade or so, not regularly.

I agree.

Didn't the 360 go through 2 or 3 iterations of the dashboard too? And then the X1 did the same.

The PS3, as far as I could tell ( don't know about launch ), pretty much kept the same dashboard layout, which was fairly straightforward and simple which I really liked. I wish they would have kept that basic layout for the PS4, but they didn't. But even with the PS4's new layout, the dashboard has been fairly consistent throughout the entire cycle.

I often find myself with the X1 having to go through 3 or 4 steps to accomplish something that may only take 2 or 3 steps with the PS4.

I still find the current one being the best and not that complicated but yeah PS4's ain't bad. I wouldn't mind the new xbox being simplified or maybe a mix of the original xbox's basic UI with the current's tabs on top.

Maybe a modernized/updated version of the original 360's folders(aka blades) UI. Don't know

I actually liked the prior setup ( I think ) a bit better than the current X1 dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"