The Xbox One - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

And the company says the power becomes "infinite" with cloud technology, which game developers have been "incredibly positive" about

Alright Microsoft, prove it. Give me a Halo that's indistinguishable from the real world and I might buy what your are selling.

And I'll just leave this Kotaku comment here. A great post.

This defies almost all knowledge of computing I know... I mean, it is possible to send a task via network to a remote computer to process a job on the cloud, and then send back the results. We saw this with the PS3 and the Folding@Home project.

But this is vastly different, vastly more advanced, and to my knowledge not currently possible. Microsoft is basically telling us games could render Pixar Level Graphic games because your game is being processed by 300,000 servers in real time and streaming the results to you... And that's ********. I want visual proof.

Show me a game on Xbox One offline, and another online, and show me a gigantic graphical leap... Please. Considering that almost every game at their presentation was multiplatform, either PS4 or PC as well. Then that means the game will not have these features even if they did exist.

Even if it is possible, the amount of data being sent and the speed in which it needs to be sent in real time to achieve what they claim is not possible for everyone even in the USA, let alone the world. Most countries have data speed limits or huge fees for going over a certain allotted data amount.

What is possible is what is shown in Forza, sending your driving style to the cloud and sharing it with others. That seems cool to me, but I would not consider it revolutionary, considering I recall Quake 3 on PS2 doing this by creating an AI ghost to share with friends via memory card, because the game had no online mode, this is just an online version of that. Similar to Spore as well, creating a race that is shared with everyone.

Is that worth always online? I don't believe so... How would that effect Bioshock? Fallout? Skyrim? Metal Gear? It wouldn't, it's not worth alienating some College Kids and Military who can't get online... Let alone most the world. Microsoft envisions a connected world? Good luck with that.

This is the most US focused device I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"