The Xbox One - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would avoid visiting video game message boards guys particularly Gamefaqs or IGN. The boards are nothing but troll topics saying the X1 is doomed because its being out sold by the ps4 (the Jan 2014 NPD sales numbers have been released). It can be depressing really because you can't even have a real conversation without in turning into a console war topic.

Its like that everywhere really. The XB1 has been the preferred whipping boy since E3. Its the "in thing" to harp on the console and ANY positive news towards is just met with more mudslinging. For example CD Projekt Red have stated that they have found development slightly easier on the XB1 compared to the PS4 and that was met with people claiming they have been paid to say that by MS or that they just didnt know what they were talking about.

I don't think its much different than the start of last gen. Sony was taking a lot of negativity when they launched the PS3.

Yup. Sony was getting smacked around by everyone last get up until their first price drop.. Then everything leveled out. Same will happen here.

strongly considering buying one in may-june. i want to see if a price drop does come in e3.

Damn, I've been watching Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare game play videos. It looks like silly fun. For 40 bucks I may have to pick it up.

Yup. Sony was getting smacked around by everyone last get up until their first price drop.. Then everything leveled out. Same will happen here.
It took a lot more than just a price drop for people to stop ****ting on the PlayStation 3. On top of the higher price point, the PlayStation 3 had inferior multiplatform games, had inferior services, and the Xbox 360 had a far superior exclusive library. Once developers got used to the PlayStation 3, Sony added more to the PlayStation 3's services, and eventually surpassed the Xbox 360 in terms of exclusive content, that is when people started cheering for it.

With the Xbox One, I think it's going to take a lot more than just a price cut. Even though it offers more services and currently has more high-quality first party content than the PlayStation 4, the way they advertised the system just turned off gamers while Sony promoted the PlayStation 4 as a true gamers' machine.

If Microsoft changed the way they promote the Xbox One, then I'll think it'll stop being the whipping boy of gamers.

Yeah price is a huge issue but the prerelease marketing and communication was absolutely terrible and is the main reason these consoles aren't doing similar figures.

Anyone else been having party chat issues? Like me and my buddy can connect to a party and then connect to chat but like after 2 min it just drops us from the chat and won't let us reconnect at all. It just started doing this like in the past week or so.

Buddy of mine is often booted from chat. It'sso wweird to see MS having an issue with this...

Anyone get the update yet? Buddy of mine did, I've yet to get it.

Buddy of mine is often booted from chat. It'sso wweird to see MS having an issue with this...

Hm, glad to hear its just not an issue with me as iv done everything i can to fix it and still no dice. Yea that was the LAST thing i expected them to have an issue with. Hopefully this upcoming Titanfall patch helps.

Anyone get the update yet? Buddy of mine did, I've yet to get it.

Yea I got it yesterday. You'll know you got it when you turn your xbox off and it goes to a hard power off state(assuming you have the setting for the sleep mode on)

Ok, I've tried to get it to start a few times. I wish you could just manually do it.

..No. I really hope that's not the solution to everything, lol.

Tried it.. No go. From what I read they're releasing it on a time based schedule... So weird.

Is the update supposed to be live now?

Ok, I've tried to get it to start a few times. I wish you could just manually do it.

Yea if you've turned your Xbox off and it didnt go through the hard power off state, again assuming you use the "instant on" setting, then that means the update hasn't hit you yet. This is what Major Nelson says about the updates and how they work:

As I noted in my blog post about the December system update, we’ve changed the way these work on Xbox One to reduce the impact on our customers. For the vast majority of Xbox One owners who use “Instant On” (the low power state that allows you to instantly power up your console by saying “Xbox On”), the console automatically checks for updates when customers turn it off. This means now that we’ve made the February update available, the next time you turn your console off it will take the update during off-peak hours in your local time. All that to say, never fear you’ll see it sometime over the weekend.

Mine's been on Instant On since I bought it. Should probably reboot it at some stage.

Every time I play a new episode or movie on Netflix today, it instantly puts on subtitles. I turn them off, then the next episode comes on, and the subtitles are on again.

Every time I play a new episode or movie on Netflix today, it instantly puts on subtitles. I turn them off, then the next episode comes on, and the subtitles are on again.

I had that issue on my 360. I cant remember how i got rid of it though. I wanna say there was an option through the dash board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"