The Xbox One - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. well this is what happened when I went to preorder Street Fighter x Tekken.

At that time, they had dedicated "gaming stations" where you could go to preorder and trade in games.

I wanted to trade in some games, then preorder the Limited Edition of SF x Tekken. The guy at the gaming station couldn't find it in the system. So he told me to go to the customer service desk and order the game there.

So I went to customer service. The lady there, while friendly, wasn't that knowledgeable about games. It took her awhile to find the game in the system. Then, to order the game that way, I couldn't just preorder it by putting $5 down. I had to pay the full price.

So, I used my trade in gift card and paid off most of the game. I had about $5 left. But I couldn't just give them $5 in cash to pay the rest off. No, the system would only accept it if it were a gift card.

So, I had to leave customer service, go get a gift card, wait in line at the regular checkout to buy a $5 gift card. Then wait back in line at customer service, start the whole process over again, then finally pay off and order the game.

The whole process shouldn't have taken more than 5 or 10 minutes. It ended up taking about 30-40 minutes.

Fast forward 3-4 months later when the game came out. I went to pick it up, and they gave me the Standard Edition. I told them I ordered the Limited Edition. They didn't have any Limited Editions on hand. So, I just cancelled the whole thing and got my money back in the form of a gift card.

After that experience, I swore off preordering games from BB again. lol.

thats too bad. Sounds like you just had a bad experience with people that didnt know what they were doing. Everyone's had those. I swear sometimes Im more knowledgeable about the store's policies than some of the employees and have no problem calling them out about stuff they try to sell me thats clearly wrong.

Its always been $5 min to preorder so the person you worked with gave you the wrong info. The only time you have to have the full amount is if you preorder online but then it only puts a pending charge on your account which isnt taken till it ships or is picked up. Its ridiculous that she sent you to regular checkout for a $5 giftcard since all customer service stations have them behind the counter. They have to for when they issue credit based returns.

Back when you tried, did you remember if they had the gaming kiosk? Before they scaled down, they had a kiosk in the gaming section where you would look up the game yourself, print out a reciept and take that to a register.

thats too bad. Sounds like you just had a bad experience with people that didnt know what they were doing. Everyone's had those. I swear sometimes Im more knowledgeable about the store's policies than some of the employees and have no problem calling them out about stuff they try to sell me thats clearly wrong.

Its always been $5 min to preorder so the person you worked with gave you the wrong info. The only time you have to have the full amount is if you preorder online but then it only puts a pending charge on your account which isnt taken till it ships or is picked up. Its ridiculous that she sent you to regular checkout for a $5 giftcard since all customer service stations have them behind the counter. They have to for when they issue credit based returns.

Back when you tried, did you remember if they had the gaming kiosk? Before they scaled down, they had a kiosk in the gaming section where you would look up the game yourself, print out a reciept and take that to a register.

yes. they did have the gaming kiosk back then. and that's where I went first to trade in my games and preorder. But the guy couldn't find the Limited Edition in the kiosk, that's why he sent me to customer service.

they no longer have those kiosks, so now you have to go to customer service anyways to trade in stuff.

and yes, it was probably just a bad, isolated experience. but that's enough to turn a customer off.

and it's other things, too, with BB.

like, I've noticed on a game's release date, it's sometimes hard to find it on the shelves. even though you check online and it says the store has it in stock. There have been a few instances where I went on release date to pick up a game, and it said the store had it in stock, but I checked the shelves. I checked the side shelves and "new release" shelves, and I just couldn't find the game.

So I left and went to another store and picked it up from the shelves no problem.

same thing happened with the Frozen soundtrack when it was released. Site said my store had it in stock. It wasn't on the shelf or the new release music shelf. I even asked a worker, and he basically said, "well. if it's here. it should be on the shelf." except it wasn't. So I went to Target instead and it was right there on the shelf.

that's how you lose customers......

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to change the topic, but I actually found this an interesting article.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/06/24/xbox-ones-next-hurdle-developing-true-exclusives/

This really is why I'm getting a PS4 and not an Xbone. I can only hope now with the loss of Ryse (not exactly a huge franchise, but it was something) that Microsoft will revitalize Rare.

Microsoft needs some new exclusives.

good article and good point.

and that is the main reason why, for me, even though MS had a solid E3 showing this year, they didn't "win" because they gave me no compelling reason to go out and buy an X1 in the near future.

Not to change the topic, but I actually found this an interesting article.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/06/24/xbox-ones-next-hurdle-developing-true-exclusives/

This really is why I'm getting a PS4 and not an Xbone. I can only hope now with the loss of Ryse (not exactly a huge franchise, but it was something) that Microsoft will revitalize Rare.

Microsoft needs some new exclusives.
It definitely wouldn't hurt to have more exclusives, but the article makes it sound like all they have is Halo and GOW. For me, I'm a racing fan, a FPS fan, a platformer fan, and a few RPGs here and there. So I fit in better with MS and Nintendo more than Sony. And that's not to say Sony sucks, but it doesn't have that many games that I'm interested in, right now. I'm sure I'll get a PS4, but right now, they don't have anything that I'm even really interested in at all.

As of right now, my Wii U is getting the most play time, BY FAR.

Scalebound will destroy all other exclusives (Plus Ryse never looked all that great to me). Also, Rare is dead; the dream is dead.

eh, Scalebound doesn't look all that interesting.

It's only had one CG teaser trailer, so it doesn't look like anything. But Platinum is one of my favorite developers, and even their lesser games are at least interesting.

guess we'll see.

I'm more interested in that Phantom Dust game.

eh, Scalebound doesn't look all that interesting.

That right there is why the number of exclusives a system has cant be used as a selling point for a system. Its ALL subjective. MS or Sony could have 300 more exclusives than the other, but if they don't interest a particular player, they become a moot point.

That right there is why the number of exclusives a system has cant be used as a selling point for a system. Its ALL subjective. MS or Sony could have 300 more exclusives than the other, but if they don't interest a particular player, they become a moot point.
yeah but to add to that, the more exclusives a console has, the higher the chance that there is something there to interest a person. If one console has 3 coming in the fall and the other has 10, chances are even if you dont care for all 10, theres at least something there for you, as opposed to the limited offering to be found with just 3. Its all about variety and variety comes with larger numbers

yeah....saw the Korra game news, too.

wish it weren't digital, but if it looks good, I might get it.

glad it's multiplat.

yeah but to add to that, the more exclusives a console has, the higher the chance that there is something there to interest a person. If one console has 3 coming in the fall and the other has 10, chances are even if you dont care for all 10, theres at least something there for you, as opposed to the limited offering to be found with just 3. Its all about variety and variety comes with larger numbers

that's true.

that's why saying who "won" E3 this year is way harder and more subjective than last year ( where it was pretty clear MS shot themselves in the foot and Sony then delivered a crippling blow ).

this year, the focus was on games, games, games. and, as such, which games and which exclusives appeal to gamers is subjective.

The X1 exclusives just didn't interest me, whereas the Sony and Nintendo ones did.

The X1 exclusives just didn't interest me, whereas the Sony and Nintendo ones did.

Out of curiosity, what Sony exclusives did? I think the only one that caught my eye was Uncharted.

Yeah, I thought Sony was pretty low on exclusives. They mostly showed third party games and timed exclusives. Uncharted, Ratchet remake, and Grimfandango are the only exclusives that come to mind.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot about Order and Bloodbourne. I guess those were exclusives, too.

Oh yea I forgot about the Order, even with some of the negative press surrounding that, im super hyped for it.

yeah. I was surprised by the "survival horror" feel of the portion they showed at E3.

hope that's representative of the rest of the game.

Yeah, I thought Sony was pretty low on exclusives. They mostly showed third party games and timed exclusives. Uncharted, Ratchet remake, and Grimfandango are the only exclusives that come to mind.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot about Order and Bloodbourne. I guess those were exclusives, too.
and LBP, the most important one of all :D

LBP is dead to me, now that Mario Maker is coming out for Wii U.

I'm so psyched for that game.

the one thing that X1 had at E3 that kind of ticked me off was the timed exclusive DLC content for Dragon Age.

I'm really hoping that timed exclusivity is only for a month or so and not a full year, which I've heard the PS4 Destiny exclusive stuff might be.

the one thing that X1 had at E3 that kind of ticked me off was the timed exclusive DLC content for Dragon Age.

I'm really hoping that timed exclusivity is only for a month or so and not a full year, which I've heard the PS4 Destiny exclusive stuff might be.

I hate that timed exclusive crap. Its never enough to make me want to get the game for a particular system and all it ends up doing is making me wait for it to come out, which usually by the time it does, iv moved on from said game.

oh, and another PS4 exclusive that's coming right around the corner........Last of Us!

I hate that timed exclusive crap. Its never enough to make me want to get the game for a particular system and all it ends up doing is making me wait for it to come out, which usually by the time it does, iv moved on from said game.

well, I suppose it also depends on the nature of the DLC content.

if it's something I'm not interested in, then it's less of a big deal......lol.

and I can live with an exclusive period of 1-3 months. but anything beyond that, like you said, I'd prob have moved on from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"