The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly, Occulus mops the floor with PSVR, so if the Xbox has it, it could be a game changer.

I'm not interested in VR myself. HoloLens looks awesome though, I wish I could get my hands on that.

I just hope MS doesn't fall into the "trap" of "designing" the Scorpio model specifically around Oculus and VR.

that is, they'll make the Oculus compatibility the prime focus and reason for the extra power and bundle the Oculus with the new X1.

if that happens, it won't be much different than the mistake they made with Kinect 2.0 and the original vision for the X1. especially if the demand for VR just isn't there yet.

Yeah, they should focus on getting the Scorpio's performance on games maxed out and treat the OR as a bonus.

Seeing the PC specs for Occulus, they either put built in hardware specific for that, or they make the Xbox as powerful as those PC requirements. The former is the only way to achieve a competitive price, the latter could be 3 times the price of the current Xbox (If I understand correctly, an Occulus ready PC could cost around $1000 at the cheapest)

Maybe it will be a lesser version of OR.

so, with the rumor mills churning about the more powerful Xbox next year, do you think they will announce it in 2 weeks time at this year's E3?

The prospect of the so-called "Scorpio" model is the only reason why I just traded in my XBox One for the PS4.
I'll continue my XBox game play once that releases; in the mean time,
I'm enjoying a few of the PS4 games I've been wanting to play.

Naturally, though, I would have the strongest urge to play State of Decay while I don't currently have the console. :whatever:

The prospect of the so-called "Scorpio" model is the only reason why I just traded in my XBox One for the PS4.
I'll continue my XBox game play once that releases; in the mean time,
I'm enjoying a few of the PS4 games I've been wanting to play.

Naturally, though, I would have the strongest urge to play State of Decay while I don't currently have the console. :whatever:

welcome to the PS4 club.

but you'll probably have to trade that PS4 in soon for the PS4 Neo. :cwink: :oldrazz:

so, with the rumor mills churning about the more powerful Xbox next year, do you think they will announce it in 2 weeks time at this year's E3?
I'm expecting a good deal of info about both Neo and Scorpio in June. Will be annoying if we still don't know at that point.

I'm expecting a good deal of info about both Neo and Scorpio in June. Will be annoying if we still don't know at that point.

yeah. I'm hoping we get info, too.

however, if MS does go ahead this year and announce the Scorpio plans for next year, I wonder if that would negatively affect their sales prospect this year.....

I mean, why would anyone buy the current X1 or even a slimmed down version later this year, if you know a more powerful ( possibly 4x powerful ) model is coming out next year?

I myself am almost tempted to pick up an X1 this weekend, because BB has the Tomb Raider bundle on sale for $320! That's close to $300 for a 1TB model!!

Normally, I'd probably jump all over that.

However, with rumors of a Slim model coming in August, and the more powerful Scorpio coming next year, I'm holding off buying an X1 now.

Not to mention, I want to hear more about the Neo from Sony to see if that is releasing this fall as well. If that's releasing this fall, then I really don't see myself getting an X1 this year, since I'll be trading up and getting the Neo.

so, yeah, I'm sure the rumors of console upgrades from both MS and Sony is dampening sales of their existing consoles a bit as consumers are waiting for more info.

welcome to the PS4 club.

but you'll probably have to trade that PS4 in soon for the PS4 Neo. :cwink: :oldrazz:

The PS4 Neo isn't on my radar, to be honest. That was the
reason for me just getting a PS4 now. I plan to get back into
Microsoft when they release "Scorpio". Everything that will
run with the PS4 Neo will still be playable on the original, so I'm fine. :oldrazz:

Are EA Access subscription cards sold or are you forced to use a credit card? I had thought I saw a card somewhere a long time ago but now I haven't seen them anywhere, I haven't tried gamestop though.

The PS4 Neo isn't on my radar, to be honest. That was the
reason for me just getting a PS4 now. I plan to get back into
Microsoft when they release "Scorpio". Everything that will
run with the PS4 Neo will still be playable on the original, so I'm fine. :oldrazz:

ok. fair enough.

hope you enjoy your new PS4. :)

ok. fair enough.

hope you enjoy your new PS4. :)

I actually prefer it over the XBox One. :emp:
I just prefer the overall aesthetic and feel of it. Also
navigating the menu screen is so much easier; it's just much
cleaner than XO's.

I actually prefer it over the XBox One. :emp:
I just prefer the overall aesthetic and feel of it. Also
navigating the menu screen is so much easier; it's just much
cleaner than XO's.

wait till you install games on the PS4. :o

the initial install times for disc games on the PS4 is now almost non-existent. especially compared to the X1.

The PS4 menu/navigation is simple - but maybe a bit too simple for my taste. Could definitely use more organizational tools, like being able to pin frequently used apps like the X1 can do. Or some kind of folder system.

The X1 also has a bit more added functionality that I like, such as custom images for wallpapers ( still don't have that on the PS4 ) and a better browser. The PS4 browser is still crap.

wait till you install games on the PS4. :o

the initial install times for disc games on the PS4 is now almost non-existent. especially compared to the X1.

The PS4 menu/navigation is simple - but maybe a bit too simple for my taste. Could definitely use more organizational tools, like being able to pin frequently used apps like the X1 can do. Or some kind of folder system.

The X1 also has a bit more added functionality that I like, such as custom images for wallpapers ( still don't have that on the PS4 ) and a better browser. The PS4 browser is still crap.

I tend to set games to install before I go to sleep.
I've already installed Star Wars Battlefront; that was finished
by the time that I woke up. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is
the next that I'll install.

It's easy enough to use where I don't feel like I need to pin apps.
The menu screens for the XBox One feels so bloated in comparison.

I never use console browsers... never crosses my mind to.

I tend to set games to install before I go to sleep.
I've already installed Star Wars Battlefront; that was finished
by the time that I woke up. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is
the next that I'll install.

It's easy enough to use where I don't feel like I need to pin apps.
The menu screens for the XBox One feels so bloated in comparison.

I never use console browsers... never crosses my mind to.

ah. fair enough.

yeah. I'm hoping we get info, too.

however, if MS does go ahead this year and announce the Scorpio plans for next year, I wonder if that would negatively affect their sales prospect this year.....

I mean, why would anyone buy the current X1 or even a slimmed down version later this year, if you know a more powerful ( possibly 4x powerful ) model is coming out next year?

I myself am almost tempted to pick up an X1 this weekend, because BB has the Tomb Raider bundle on sale for $320! That's close to $300 for a 1TB model!!

Normally, I'd probably jump all over that.

However, with rumors of a Slim model coming in August, and the more powerful Scorpio coming next year, I'm holding off buying an X1 now.

Not to mention, I want to hear more about the Neo from Sony to see if that is releasing this fall as well. If that's releasing this fall, then I really don't see myself getting an X1 this year, since I'll be trading up and getting the Neo.

so, yeah, I'm sure the rumors of console upgrades from both MS and Sony is dampening sales of their existing consoles a bit as consumers are waiting for more info.
I guess so for those who have their ear to the ground. I'd bet most of my friends (of my age) won't know about it till it hits. They like games but they don't look out for E3 or really keep up to date on news. I know I'll get the Scorpio when it comes out.

I guess so for those who have their ear to the ground. I'd bet most of my friends (of my age) won't know about it till it hits. They like games but they don't look out for E3 or really keep up to date on news. I know I'll get the Scorpio when it comes out.

true. I'd just hate to be the person who buys a brand new console only to find out a new model comes out in the next month or so.......lol

true. I'd just hate to be the person who buys a brand new console only to find out a new model comes out in the next month or so.......lol
True that. I bought my PS4 over 2 years ago, and my X1 over a year ago, and I'm feeling like punching the wall with these news about upgrades. I can't imagine someone who buys at this point

I guess in hindsight, it's a good thing that despite 3 attempts, I didn't manage to hold onto the X1 and ended up returning it ( 2 times for technical reasons ). :)

but as a launch PS4 owner, I am a bit miffed that I'll probably be trading in my launch PS4 for a Neo even though my PS4 works perfectly fine.

On a totally unrelated news: All the Bioshock games are on sale. Should I buy them? Bioshock Infinity are eventually coming to BC, it's safe to asume the other Bioshock games will too?

Also: Red Dead Redemption. Is eventually coming to BC too, so I should go for that one too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"