The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ there's been a strong persistent rumor that a Bioshock Collection Remaster will be released.

true. I'd just hate to be the person who buys a brand new console only to find out a new model comes out in the next month or so.......lol
Luckily that won't be you as you keep up to date on things. It affects those casual guys who don't keep up but they are less likely to be bothered and maybe won't even find out for a fair while.

Luckily that won't be you as you keep up to date on things. It affects those casual guys who don't keep up but they are less likely to be bothered and maybe won't even find out for a fair while.

true.

As little as I paid for my One (less than 200) if and I mean IF they came out with a more powerful one (One 2.0 lol) it would not cost me that much to upgrade. but since I do not own or plan on owning a 4K TV I am quite happy with my stand alone boring old One ;).

It seems like its a good bit more powerful though for gaming performance.

I think that will be the key to these upgraded consoles ( Scorpio and Neo ).

are the benefits of these consoles only available to 4K tv owners?

or, will their extra power benefit all gamers, even if you don't own a 4K display?

if it's the former, then the appeal ( and need to upgrade ) will be limited.

if it's the latter, then that could spark a mass upgrade cycle.

also, not directly X1 related, but it's a taste of the "holographic" world MS wants to build. It's also one of the reasons why I'm excited for the future of the X1 and the overall MS ecosystem, more so than Sony's ecosystem with the PS4.

[YT]qImeDIYwAe0[/YT]

MS also wants to open up the holographic API to other VR headsets like the Vive and I'm assuming the Occulus Rift.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/microsoft-latest-hololens-trailer-looks-082541819.html

(To the post before the last one) It's a bit of both. The 4k media is a big advantage that those without 4k displays won't get. But even without that the system boost will make 1080p gaming much smoother.

^ hopefully. cuz I really don't want the new upgraded consoles to be "locked" to 4K displays. I have no desire to buy a 4K tv now nor am I in the financial position to buy one.......lol.

anyways, just read an article and it looks like the Gamestop CEO again has said that new consoles are coming at E3.

^ hopefully. cuz I really don't want the new upgraded consoles to be "locked" to 4K displays. I have no desire to buy a 4K tv now nor am I in the financial position to buy one.......lol.

anyways, just read an article and it looks like the Gamestop CEO again has said that new consoles are coming at E3.
Not sure what you mean by locked here. The new systems are definitely not going to be pumping out 4k-only games. Probably not going to be doing 4k games at all.

by "locked," I meant that the new consoles would only offer their upgraded graphical/power benefits if you only use a 4K tv. If you don't use a 4K display, you wouldn't notice any meaningful difference.

I don't want to feel like I need to buy a 4K tv in addition to one of the new consoles ( Neo or Scorpio ).

by "locked," I meant that the new consoles would only offer their upgraded graphical/power benefits if you only use a 4K tv. If you don't use a 4K display, you wouldn't notice any meaningful difference.

I don't want to feel like I need to buy a 4K tv in addition to one of the new consoles ( Neo or Scorpio ).
Getting more juice under the hood can't really be locked like that. It is just going to do better with the same games in terms of smoothness/stability like more powerful pcs do with the same game against lesser pcs. They will be in a lower gear, not breaking as much of a sweat with content that is pushing the base consoles hard. The 4k media display is something separate, a bit more like an on/off switch that CAN be locked.

Getting more juice under the hood can't really be locked like that. It is just going to do better with the same games in terms of smoothness/stability like more powerful pcs do with the same game against lesser pcs. They will be in a lower gear, not breaking as much of a sweat with content that is pushing the base consoles hard. The 4k media display is something separate, a bit more like an on/off switch that CAN be locked.

yeah. you're right.

again, I'm just speculating out loud and being paranoid, which I am want to do. :o :oldrazz:

One thing at least, I much prefer the name Scorpio to the "One".

I doubt it will be called Scorpio in the end, though.

One question. If one wants to play online Or multiplayer, one needs to have a gold account?

^ yes, if you want to play online.

I still have a lot of doubts on this Scorpio rumor. Even with the Xbox One lagging behind the PS4 powerwise, it's hard for me to believe that MS is going to release a full-on new console by next year.

I still have a lot of doubts on this Scorpio rumor. Even with the Xbox One lagging behind the PS4 powerwise, it's hard for me to believe that MS is going to release a full-on new console by next year.

I would not call it a "full-on new console" more like same console but with a hardware upgrade + some software improvements to support features.

Considering hardware improves and gets cheaper over time it is not out of the question they just improve the hardware in a console instead of continuing to put out consoles with years old hardware. This also leads to possibly more sales from people who already own the older version.

I know I have my $ already waiting for it to come out. My 4K tv needs some love. also my current Xbox One is not behaving as well as I deem it should.

Current rumors have the Scorpio being over 4x stronger than the current Xbox One. The Neo would be less than half stronger than the vanilla PS4, for reference. That's pretty much brand new console range. This is, of course, barring all of the rumors are accurate.

Hope both Neo and Scorpio get covered well at E3. Don't want this to stay uncertain for months on end.

Even if Scorpio is 4x stronger, wouldn't games still be the same like graphics and stuff? I mean it'd be up to developers/publishers and I doubt they would start doing xbox versions multiple times better than PS4 versions.

4x stronger better mean amazingly improved downloads and installs but that probably still depends more on internet connections.

The launch price tag will be very interesting for such a powerful upgrade that includes VR!

Even if Scorpio is 4x stronger, wouldn't games still be the same like graphics and stuff? I mean it'd be up to developers/publishers and I doubt they would start doing xbox versions multiple times better than PS4 versions.

4x stronger better mean amazingly improved downloads and installs but that probably still depends more on internet connections.

The launch price tag will be very interesting for such a powerful upgrade that includes VR!
It'll be able to handle 1080p 60FPS on more demanding titles. While those games might just play with compromised resolution or less ambitious frame rates on the standard consoles. I think downloads will still be more about your individual download speed from your ISP.

the position of the Slim in the X1 lineup is what I'm most interested in.

if the Scorpio is indeed coming out next year ( say Fall/Winter 2017 ), then the Slim, if it's released in August/September 2016, will have only a year of life essentially.

That.......just doesn't seem like a good strategy. It would make more sense to release a Slim this year if the Scorpio is 2 or 3 years off. But only a year off??

If MS announces the more powerful Scorpio is coming out in 2017, why would any smart consumer buy a Slim this year if it's merely a smaller version of the current console?

even if the Slim offers 4K video and a bigger 2TB hdd, it's still the same power wise as the existing console, and it will be eclipsed in merely a year by the Scorpio.

Really, the only way I can see the Slim being a viable product is that it is:

1. Either a really cheap console perhaps without a Blu-Ray drive and thus digital only ( hence the need for the 2TB hdd ).

2. Or, the Slim is somehow "modular" and upgradeable to become whatever the Scorpio will be without the need to go out and buy another console. IOW, owners of the Slim will somehow be able to upgrade their Slim consoles to make it into the Scorpio without having to buy a new console next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"