The Zachary Levi/Fandral thread

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by terry78, Jun 11, 2012.

1. elizah72

elizah72 Well-Known Member

Oh, I dont know, I think he's just having a good time, which to me is in the spirit of Fandral. ;)

2. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

I'm not liking the hair and goatee, I think that may be it. His hair and goatee doesn't look fandral

3. jaqua99

ah, i didn't see this one

4. Brian Braddock

Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I think it's just you. Of course he's taking it seriously - who do you think he is - Stuart Townsend? :oldrazz:

Personally, I just think we're seeng the guys affable personality shining through in the behind-the-scenes stuff and that the guys just super-exited at getting the role and being part of such a massive Hollywood movie. I know you obviously cant get over Dallas not returning but really, it was his choice not to return and someones gotta step in. Levi may just surprise you.

5. Brian Braddock

Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Exactly. And who wouldnt be having a good time getting to do what he's doing?

6. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

I think some fans can't disassociate Levi from his Chuck persona. He's not an awkward nerd type in real life.

7. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Chuck was awesome tho. lol I keep picturing Levi as some Nerd hibred on Big Bang therory dress as Fandral lol

8. phlac

phlac Well-Known Member

I want to see the costuming. How long do you think until we get some officially (or unofficially) released stills? 6 months?? Can we expect a trailer with Iron Man??? ... months from now... :huh:

9. jaqua99

i would think we will get teasers after the first of the year, with the first official trailer coming with ironman

10. jaqua99

phlac, does your location "dark side of the moon" have anything to do with the pink floyd album by chance? :D

11. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

That makes two of us. Dallas was perfect as Fandral, and the little we saw of him in Thor made me eager to see what he would do with an expanded roll. It was disappointing when he had to bow out and Levi took his place.

12. jaqua99

I know it was for one movie. And I am sure Levi will be fine. But Dallas looked the part so well. Dissappoiinted that he is gone. There is something norse about Dallas' features that Levi just doesn't have

13. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

This pic is the most Fandral-looking of them all, I thought Dallas looked perfect as Fandral but I believe Zac will be a worthy successor.

14. Godzilla2000

Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

You know, I just hope the one thing Zachary borrows from Josh Dallas' interpretation is the Errol Flynn swashbuckling quality he infused in the character. That's my main worry because I liked how dandified Josh portrayed the character like you could see him saying "Tally ho!" with absolute conviction and authenticity.

15. SimiOfDoom

SimiOfDoom Well-Known Member

Yes, please.

I really hope Levy can convince me with his performance, I really liked Fandral in Thor, no mater how small his role.

16. phlac

phlac Well-Known Member

I think he is more than capable of buckling all the swashes available. As reference see Flynn Ryder. And physically? - go to 2:04 :cwink: as he does a backflip off a balcony at a Halo launch party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzEbcj3Jm64

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  17. phlac

phlac Well-Known Member

:woot: FLOOD of memories from back in the day!... but really more a SF reference.

18. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

After how campy and over the top the character was in the first you're worried that the new guy isn't taking it seriously?

The campiness off Fandral & Volstagg was one of my biggest criticisms of THOR. They're performances/portrayal came across as tacky to me.
    Maybe they're exactly like that in the comics (I don't know) but I hope that's something that's dropped or really downplayed in TDW. That's not to say I want super-serious, but you can be funny and humorous without being campy.

We haven't seen him as Fandral yet.

19. elizah72

Per some of his posts on Twitter Zach appears to have left England last Friday and is back in LA. So probably done with his part of filming.

20. phlac

phlac Well-Known Member

Yes Zac is currently in LA but pictures of him still show the Fandral Blond and beard and Jaimie Alexander tweeted she was visiting NY for a bit. They are probably just not on the call sheet for the scenes currently being filmed. I believe they will both be back to finish filming. Filming continues until almost the end of December according to Tom Hiddleston.

21. elizah72

Zachary looking very Fandraled up in this video about Tomb Raider

[YT]ak3MlPM-2bY[/YT]

22. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Dang... I think that's the first, really REALLY good look we've had of the blonde (that isn't him in the makeup trailer getting the blond touched up or fan photos with bad lighting)... he looks GOOD!!!!! :hrt::hrt:

and on a side note... dang on Tomb Raider, it's come along way from those first games, gotta love advancements in technology.

23. elizah72

http://www.eonline.com/news/370043/...t-to-awesome-chris-hemsworth-he-s-a-rock-star
    :woot::woot::woot:

24. American Maid

American Maid Well-Known Member

Shirtless Loki is canon.

25. Punisher_MAX

Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

did anyone see Tangled? if Levi can translate Flynn to live action than you got yourself the perfect Fandral.