The Zombie RPG - IC Season Thread

Kincaid manages to slip down the street ducking into back alleys and diving down the sewers when he has to. He makes his way into a deserted apartment building and slips inside an apartment.

Okay I have seen enough Zombie movies to know that at some point I am going to draw my gun and standing behind me will be someone who isn't a zombie. The question is when will that happen?

He pulls out a bottle of water and takes a swig with a vitamin.

Not exactly a 5 star meal but for now it'll do. Gotta keep moving....

He once again slips out and heads off into the night.

After entering the Science lab, it only takes him a few minutes to find what he needs. With no binoculars in sight, he grabs a telescope from an astronomy class and precedes up to the roof. Being the tallest building on the campus, the roof had been retrofitted to accommodate the Astronomy club for their nightly star gazings. Most of the business surrounding the school were small, one story buildings, so from this point he had a pretty good view of his surroundings. He propped up the telescope and began to survey the area. Immediately he noticed that certain parts of the city were without power.

"Possibly a downed power line?" He thought to himself.

In other areas he could make out smoke and flames dotted across the city. Emergency vehicle lights reflected off buildings, but were not in plain view, preventing him from making out any bodies. In fact, despite the height of the building, it was impossible for him to see anything on the street level except around his vicinity. He had a perfect view of the campus and the streets surrounding it. At the moment, there were no vehicles on these roads. Albert began to consider his options.

"I should probably try and put a message out, saying I'm here. Maybe an S.O.S. on the football field? That'll be good for planes, but what about people on the streets? A sign on the sides of this building could work, it's gotta be pretty visible from the streets. The art department should have everything I need. I should definitely make the science building my base, I got a great view, there are fridges in here I could store food in, it's bigger and this roof will be a great place to hold up if I had too. If I'm going to have to sleep here, I should probably get something comfortable. I think there's a bed in the nurses office I could pull up here."

Albert was trying to keep his mind busy, if there was one thing that he remembered from the scouts was that in order to survive, you had to be constantly busy and always moving, you can't let your mind settle too long and warp itself around the situation, you didn't want to let yourself become overcome with fear. It helped, if only slightly, it was almost impossible to keep your composure when death was figuratively and literally at your doorstep.

A rumble from his stomach reminded him that he was still hungry and had not eaten all day, Albert figured now would be a good time as any to check the freezer.

His count is 8, thats how many of them are in the hallway and two of them have made it to the door and are reaching through the window for him. He steps back and aims the shotgun and fires knocking both down, he puts the barrel of the gun through the glass window and fires off the other four shells before reloading. He finishes off the other two before opening the door and stepping over the bodies walks down the hall looking in the cells as he goes, he see's matt laying on his stomach in the drunk tank. He turns the key that was left in the lock and walks over to matt who raises up off his stomach and reaches for Jonathan who steps back seeing his eyes are the same as the zombies. Jonathan notices there is a big chunk missing out of his left arm, and he guesses that Matt had retreated into the cells and after pulling the door shut reach his arm through the food tray slot to lock the cell but didn't get his arm back in quick enough. Jonathan kicks matt in the head, with his steel toe boots before stomping crushing his skull, looks at him and says Sorry Pal

He reaches down and takes matt's pistol off him and tucks it into his pants and walks out of the jail and looks at claire and says We need to come up with a plan.

“Can you get me out of here?”
"Get the hell on!" Ben exclaimed, motioning with his head to the back seat as he took notice of the ever growing swarm of undead freaks approaching them. In a blur, the newcomer was in the seat and Ben was twisting back on the throttle as far as it would go, rocketing them free from the crowd.

"Quite the lovely town you folks've got here," said Ben after a minute of listening only to the roar of the engine and swerving to avoid the occasional zombie. The creatures seemed to be more loosely spread out as Ben and his new buddy crossed through a small suburb. "You got a name, kiddo?" he asked over his shoulder.

(IC: Roger Stone)
"Get the hell on!" Ben exclaimed, motioning with his head to the back seat as he took notice of the ever growing swarm of undead freaks approaching them. In a blur, the newcomer was in the seat and Ben was twisting back on the throttle as far as it would go, rocketing them free from the crowd.

"Quite the lovely town you folks've got here," said Ben after a minute of listening only to the roar of the engine and swerving to avoid the occasional zombie. The creatures seemed to be more loosely spread out as Ben and his new buddy crossed through a small suburb. "You got a name, kiddo?" he asked over his shoulder.

“Yeah, Roger Stone. I was a film major at the university. You?” he said, looking around at the oncoming attack. He was far too over his head. What happened if this guy was a psycho or worse? It’s not like that mattered anymore though. Either stay and get killed by zombies or get killed by a psychotic biker. It was a catch 22.

"The name's Benjamin," he replied, taking his left hand off of the bike's handle and reaching behind him to try to shake Roger's hand. "Friends call me Ben."

Gently cruising through the small neighborhood, Ben's eyes scanned the area, taking in every detail. The only zombies he could see in the immediate vicinity were the two stumbling over each other at the end of the short street. Gotta make this quick, before more of them show up, he thought as he pulled in the clutch and brake, downshifting and coming to a stop. He looked over his shoulder and tried to smile in spite of the look of protest on Roger's face at the prospect of stopping.

"The name's Benjamin," he replied, taking his left hand off of the bike's handle and reaching behind him to try to shake Roger's hand. "Friends call me Ben."
Gently cruising through the small neighborhood, Ben's eyes scanned the area, taking in every detail. The only zombies he could see in the immediate vicinity were the two stumbling over each other at the end of the short street. Gotta make this quick, before more of them show up, he thought as he pulled in the clutch and brake, downshifting and coming to a stop. He looked over his shoulder and tried to smile in spite of the look of protest on Roger's face at the prospect of stopping.
Roger stared in awe at what Ben was doing. He was leaving the bike!

“What are you doing?” he screamed. He needed to get out of here and this bastard was going to ruin everything. Gripping his katana, he stared at the motorist.

“Do you know what those things are?” he asked, making his voice louder; his knuckles turning white. “They’re dead! They’re ZOMBIES! I sliced one of their head’s off! He was still alive! Alive! His head CLEAN OFF! We’re living in a zombie movie and you’re going to leave your bike? That’s like the number one no-no in zombie movies!”

Roger turned and looked at his chest, letting out a short sigh. He hadn’t even realized what had happened to his clothes. They were drenched in blood. Rattling his brain, he tried to remember whose blood it was. It wasn’t Barbara’s or her brother’s…it had to be Mark’s. He was the only one who came in close contact. At this revelation, Roger leaned over and emptied his stomach onto the ground.

Roger stared in awe at what Ben was doing. He was leaving the bike!

“What are you doing?” he screamed. He needed to get out of here and this bastard was going to ruin everything. Gripping his katana, he stared at the motorist.

“Do you know what those things are?” he asked, making his voice louder; his knuckles turning white. “They’re dead! They’re ZOMBIES! I sliced one of their head’s off! He was still alive! Alive! His head CLEAN OFF! We’re living in a zombie movie and you’re going to leave your bike? That’s like the number one no-no in zombie movies!”

Roger turned and looked at his chest, letting out a short sigh. He hadn’t even realized what had happened to his clothes. They were drenched in blood. Rattling his brain, he tried to remember whose blood it was. It wasn’t Barbara’s or her brother’s…it had to be Mark’s. He was the only one who came in close contact. At this revelation, Roger leaned over and emptied his stomach onto the ground.
Ben watched with a mixture of disgust and amusement as Roger tossed his cookies on the street. He looked back up at the two zombies at the end of the road. Thankfully, they hadn't seemed to have heard Roger's outburst and appeared to be snacking on something on the ground.

"You wanna keep it down? We don't exactly want to attract any more attention that we have to," he said as he put the kickstand down and got off the bike. Reaching into the leather saddle bag, Ben took out a chocolate bar. "The bike's loud," he said as he unwrapped and began eating the candy. "And it's easy to get knocked off balance, especially if we come across a swarm of those things. It's not like we can't outrun 'em anyway. Hell, we would be safer if we huffed it on foot, or better yet, found a car with a full tank."

As Roger got off of the motorcycle and recovered from his churning stomach, Ben walked the bike up the driveway of the house they had stopped in front of. "What's with the sword anyway, Highlander?" he asked when he reached the open door of the house's garage; it having obviously been abandoned, judging from the lack of any cars inside and the wide open door.

Well I'm gonna right the rest of the journal and head out. We got the plan worked out and I'm about to leave hopefully things will go good and we can get out of this hell hole.

After boarding up everything and locking the doors we all went to the living room and sat down. There was a long pause....... Mick was the one to break the ice.

"What the F*** just happened out there??!!"

"I know this is gonna sound crazy but I think it was Zombies."
I answered.

"What!??"

"Yeah that has to be it."

Dunken jumped in at this point. "I can understand why you say that but there would have been some kind of warning."

"There was."

"When!!??" Jon threw in.

"This morning it was on the news. It was talking about a murder that happened last night. Some dude had been eaten. And his body disepeared after they took it to the morgue."

"And why didn't you tell us!!!!???"

"Hey don't blame this on me!!!! That was the last thing on my mind when I got up!!"

"What are you talking about last thing on your mind!! You knew this was gonna happen some day!!!"

"No the F*** I didn't!! It was all just a joke!!! I never thought you were serious about this!!! And besides we were stupid teenagers back then!!"

And out of no where Jon punched me in the face. It didn't hurt. But I was stunned and I was pissed. I ran up to him he threw another one but I was ready I grabbed his arm and twisted it and I mean hard. He was on his knees. I knew I won this one. But what I didn't know was that Dunken was about to tackle me. He did. I let go of Jon's arm and slammed on the ground.

"What the hell!!" Mick screamed as he went for Dunken. But Jon grabbed his ankle and he feel to the ground. At this point. It was on. After a few more punches it wasn't even fighting one on one it was a full blown free for all. This lasted for a few minuets, and after a few black eyes and a broken nose on Dunkens end, we stopped. Sat there, took a few deep breaths and started laughing.

I wiped some blood from my mouth and said. "Ha ha ha! You idiots there's zombies outside and we're fighting."

"Well come on Jay. You're the one who started yelling."

"Yeah well Jon's the one who punched me!"

"Well what did ya expect??"

"I don't know........"

"So... What are we gonna do??"

"I say we search the house. See what we can find and come up with a plan later. Sound good??"

"Sounds good to me. Lets do this."

We all split up searching the house for who knows what. I went of to my room and got my combat knife. I knew this baby was going to come in handy. I looked around the room one more time and found my old journal. I sat on my bed and wrote the first part. When I heard a noise. It was a loud thud followed by Mick screaming for me. I ran out and found him in the hall the attic door was pulled down. I saw him with a big grin. And he had my dog in his hand.

"Whats up??"

"Dunken wants us in the kitchen.'

"K. But why ya have to yell?"

"You'll see Dunken said meet him in the kitchen. He's got a surprise for you."

We walked to the kitchen to see Dunken in Jon at the table. And there wasn't food in the middle. It was allot better. My dads twelve gauge. I was the one grinning now. I sat down and wrote the next part we ate a little bit. Thats when we started with the plan.

"We can't stay here."
Dunken started.

"I know. We only got about a weeks worth of food."

"And on top of that one gun. With 15 shells."

"So we leave."

"No we don't have a car my mom has the keys. And if she didn't make it out....... she a zombie. My voice cracked a little. So before we think of anything we gotta find out what kind of zombies we're dealing with."

"There different types???"

"Yeah like.. there's scrombies."

"What??"

"Ya a know scrawny zombies. Old, fast, easy to kill."

"They're not scrombies. They haven't been dead long enough."

"Yeah yeah I know. I was just given him an example."

"So here are our choices: Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, ya know stuff like that."

"So whats the difference?"

"Resident Evil zombies are made from a virus. And if thats the case we could already be infected. Plus it infects everything. Humans, animals, even plants. So lets hope that isn't the case."

"What about Dawn of the Dead?"

"Thats a mix of runners and walking zombies. But no animals or plants. But I haven't seen any fast moving ones. Plus they look kinda stupid."

"So Shaun of the Dead?"

"Shaun of the dead."

"Stupid and slow. So what are we gonna do?" There was a long pause... than it hit me. "The Millennium Trooper!!!! "

"What!???"

"It's my van. It can hold 9 people. plus it's gotta storage department on the top with a sun roof. It would be perfect to fight these zombies!!!"

"Well how are we gonna get to it??"

"My bike. I can get there in twenty minuets if the roads are clear."

"Thats a good plan. I say we go for it."

"Thats that then." I went to my room and put on my leather biking jacket and gloves. I also put on a pare of long baggy pants and tucked them into my boots. I'm taking my knife and the shot gun. With all the shells. I got some holders so it's gonna be allot easier to hold it all. I'm writing this journal in the garage. Next to my Harley. Next time you hear from me it'll be from Jon's house. If I make it there.

End Journal 1

(OOC: Screw the note books)

Alright this was it. I was about to head out and to tell the truth I was scared out of my mind. "All right Jon open the door."

He nods at me and pushes the button the garage door opens slowly. I can hear the moans of the zombies. The door opens. Thank god. There aren't many of them. I push my hand down to go on full throttle. I speed out of my drive way and make my way towards the city.

The further in I go the more there are. I'm not going to be able to ride this for much longer. There isn't any HUMAN life as far as I can see. Suddenly I'm air born. I hit the ground hard. I'm dazed plus i can't feel my legs. What the heel happened? I look at the ground where I had flipped to see a body. Damn zombies. I look around to see my bike a few feet away. In front of it is a horde of zombies. And they were coming towards me.

Ben watched with a mixture of disgust and amusement as Roger tossed his cookies on the street. He looked back up at the two zombies at the end of the road. Thankfully, they hadn't seemed to have heard Roger's outburst and appeared to be snacking on something on the ground.

"You wanna keep it down? We don't exactly want to attract any more attention that we have to," he said as he put the kickstand down and got off the bike. Reaching into the leather saddle bag, Ben took out a chocolate bar. "The bike's loud," he said as he unwrapped and began eating the candy. "And it's easy to get knocked off balance, especially if we come across a swarm of those things. It's not like we can't outrun 'em anyway. Hell, we would be safer if we huffed it on foot, or better yet, found a car with a full tank."

As Roger got off of the motorcycle and recovered from his churning stomach, Ben walked the bike up the driveway of the house they had stopped in front of. "What's with the sword anyway, Highlander?" he asked when he reached the open door of the house's garage; it having obviously been abandoned, judging from the lack of any cars inside and the wide open door.

Roger wiped his mouth with his jacket and stared at Ben.

“It was my…friend’s. He was teaching me how to use it…I had to kill him. He was the first Zombie I saw. What brought you my way? With a bike, you could probably get to Raccoon City. I hear it is safe there,”

Roger wiped his mouth with his jacket and stared at Ben.

“It was my…friend’s. He was teaching me how to use it…I had to kill him. He was the first Zombie I saw. What brought you my way? With a bike, you could probably get to Raccoon City. I hear it is safe there,”
"Heh," Ben chuckled as he parked the bike in the garage, took a can of blue paint and a shovel from a work bench inside, and walked back out. "That place is Bloodbath City, amigo. A good chunk of the town's on fire too, from what I saw as I was passing through there." He still had the smirk on his face as he pulled the garage door closed. Letting the shovel lean against the outer wall, Ben began wrenching the lid off of the can of paint. "Lost Haven's gone down the s**tter, too. Trust me, Ravenholm's paradise in comparison."

Finally getting the lid off of the can, Ben hurled the paint at the face of the garage, creating a huge bright blue splatter. Seeing the look of confusion on Roger's face, Ben explained, "That was to mark the garage. In case I'm ever around here again and think the bike might come in handy, I'll know right away which one of these shack's it's in." Wiping his hands clean, Ben picked up the shovel and rested it over his shoulder. "As for what brought me to ya... I dunno," he shrugged. "I was just cruising around, looking for other survivors. So," he joyfully slapped Roger on the arm, "got anywhere you wanna go? In those movies, the folks always seem to head for a mall or something."

I don't come across any zombies on my run to the motorpool. Which is nice because I wasn't exactly being very quiet or taking the time I knew I should take. But I wasn't trained for this. Dammit, I'm a doctor, not a member of SG-1. What? So I'm a bit of a nerd.

I do slow down when I get to the exit. Outside, and around the corner is the motorpool. I open the door, P90 at the ready. I quickly scan the area, but don't see or hear anything. I peek around the corner. Still nothing. But the garage and office are locked.

Not a problem. A quick swipe of the Major's card, and I'm in. But what to pick. A truck makes the most sense, but we'd still have to drag all the gear out here. But there's no way a truck can get to the armory.

I grab a pair of keys...

"What the hell is that noise?" Jones asks.

"Not a clue," Nguyen said.

The rumbling in the hallway gets louder and closer. Jones and Nguyen look at each other, then take aim. That's when I turn the corner in the jeep.

"What the hell!" they both say.

I pull right up to the door. "Load it up."

"You're kidding," Jones says as Nguyen grabs the first satchels.

"It doesn't look like it," Nguyen says.

I hop down and grab to sacks, loading them into the back. "We'll fill it up, then drive it down to the truck."

"What truck?" Nguyen asks.

"The one I pulled up next to the entrance. Once we get the weapons on the truck, we'll hit the city, load up on supplies, then take off."

"Take off for where?" Jones asks.

"The closest military base is Fort Romero by Racoon City. We cross the river, and hole up there."

"And if they've been taken too?" Jones wonders as she loads the last rucksack.

"...I haven't thought that far. But we've got to be safer on the road then in a city filled with zombies. Unless either of you have another idea."

They don't. So I go back into the armory to look for anything we may still need. I grab another belt of clips and put it over my shoulder. A start to walk out, then turn back. I don't know why, but I grab the sniper rifle and a case of rounds.

With the jeep loaded, we all hop in. "Hey," Nguyen starts, "there isn't enough room to turn around."

"Not planning to. Hold on." I start the jeep, put it into reverse, and step on the gas.

(OOC: Screw the note books)

Alright this was it. I was about to head out and to tell the truth I was scared out of my mind. "All right Jon open the door."

He nods at me and pushes the button the garage door opens slowly. I can hear the moans of the zombies. The door opens. Thank god. There aren't many of them. I push my hand down to go on full throttle. I speed out of my drive way and make my way towards the city.

The further in I go the more there are. I'm not going to be able to ride this for much longer. There isn't any HUMAN life as far as I can see. Suddenly I'm air born. I hit the ground hard. I'm dazed plus i can't feel my legs. What the heel happened? I look at the ground where I had flipped to see a body. Damn zombies. I look around to see my bike a few feet away. In front of it is a horde of zombies. And they were coming towards me.

This wasn't good. Zombies coming towards me. I had to think fast. I got onto my feet despite the pain. I took a few steps back, pulled out my shotgun and pointed it at my bike. I shot at it.

The explosion that followed was more than enough to slow them down. The van was about a mile away. Looks like I was hooving it. I ran past the ruble of the zombies and the bike. God I'm going to miss that thing. I ran over to a car that was in the middle of the road. I climb on top of it. The view was good enough to tell me there were more than a few zombies to deal with.

After a few more minutes of looking showed me a way out of this. There were cars scattered all across the street. Most of them I could run or jump to. As long as I could stay on top of these cars I should be safe.

After about an hour of this and a few close calls I finally get to the shop that holds the Millennium Trooper. I open the side door slowly. Who knows whats in here. I walk in trying not to make to much noise. But It doesn't matter. They're already surrounded me.

"Damn it.... Alright. Brig it on you damn zombies!"

Jonathan reaches in his bag and takes out the .357 and pushes open the front door slowly and steps inside its deserted there is noone here at all, but its not that big of a department so he walks down the hall to the left that goes by the cheifs office and doesn't see anyone. He walks back out to the lobby and takes the door on the right that goes back to the offices and the dispatch area. He walks into the dispatch area and takes the key to the jail and using one of the other keys on the ring he opens the safe down another hall to the right, this is where they store all the weapons and ammo that has been seized from perps in the past.

He is looking at the guns trying to decide if he should take some more firepower in case there are a couple of shotguns hanging up also that might come in handy, he grabs two of them and a couple of boxes of shells sitting on a shelf then loads and puts his .357 back in his waistband.

There is a chance he is hiding in the Jail if It got bad here and he could secure a cell that would probably be the safest place for him.

Jonathan is about to check the Jail when he hears a loud bang where someone had slammed there hand into the door of the jail. He knows the sound because he made it once before when he had to wake up a prisoner his dispatcher thought was dead, when he actually was just a heavy sleeper.

He starts easing around the corner then snickers because for some reason he feels the urge to say.

Be Vewy Vewy Qwiet I'm hunting Wabbits.

He opens the door and looks down the hall in front of the cells and sees several of the things piled up slamming on a door at the end. After Locking the door he breaks out the glass that lets you look down the hallway and yells.

Matt is that you in the cell?

No response, well regardless he has some cleaning to do because the window breaking has gotten their attention and they are turning towards him now.

His count is 8, thats how many of them are in the hallway and two of them have made it to the door and are reaching through the window for him. He steps back and aims the shotgun and fires knocking both down, he puts the barrel of the gun through the glass window and fires off the other four shells before reloading. He finishes off the other two before opening the door and stepping over the bodies walks down the hall looking in the cells as he goes, he see's matt laying on his stomach in the drunk tank. He turns the key that was left in the lock and walks over to matt who raises up off his stomach and reaches for Jonathan who steps back seeing his eyes are the same as the zombies. Jonathan notices there is a big chunk missing out of his left arm, and he guesses that Matt had retreated into the cells and after pulling the door shut reach his arm through the food tray slot to lock the cell but didn't get his arm back in quick enough. Jonathan kicks matt in the head, with his steel toe boots before stomping crushing his skull, looks at him and says Sorry Pal

He reaches down and takes matt's pistol off him and tucks it into his pants and walks out of the jail and looks at claire and says We need to come up with a plan.

Claire jumped at the slamming hand in the cell, almost letting off a nervous shot, and shrieked just a little, trembling in fear.

"Y-you go first.... I'll... cover or follow or something.." her voice obviously terrified, not even bothering to comment about his joke, obviously only paying attention to what MIGHT be around her, and just stayed quiet. She cringed as he broke the windows, and her eyes went wide to the group of stumblers down the hall banging on the windows, immediately raising her gun, but froze up, only looking on with a shaking gun in her hand, and simply just watched Jonathan shoot down other zombies. Of course, Claire didn't really say anything, since she didn't want to seem useless or needy, like saying sorry or something, and give Jonathan the impression that she was more a liability than help, she'd just play it off like she was conserving precious ammunition or something.

Claire followed close behind Jonathan, continually looking behind her, thinking the shotgun would most DEFINITELY pull in some of those freaks, and then she stepped slowly and carefully over the dead ones, and then up to the cage, looking in. "Hey, are you okay in there...?" Claire asked in a soft voice to the face down friend. He was probably injured, but he might've been okay. However... she also watched them get up, and saw it in his eyes, right away, and then the arm, a reoccuring thing, the arm bites. In fact, in all of the one's she'd seen, they'd been bitten... "HE'S FREAKING ONE OF THEM!!!!!" She cried out, and jumped back, pointing the gun up again.

"Yeah... I mean, we're not going to be safe here forever. We gotta get out of here, and somewhere not populated. They seem to be...spreading it looks like. And as hokey as it sounds, I really think the bites MAY be spreading it. I mean, look at these guys and your friends, they all have bites. Every one of the stumblers in the streets? Bitten. Maybe you have some sort of protection here before we go? Load up on ammo? Maybe an emergency station?"

Driving fast backwards is odd, to say the least. Not only is steering reversed, but your stomach is pushed in the wrong direction. And for someone who gets queezy just looking at rollercoasters, it's not fun. But being eaten by zombies would be less fun. So, I pick between the lesser of two evils and hope what little is in my stomach stays there.

The jeep scrapes another corner as I steer in the wrong direction again. Jones whoops like she's having a good time. Nguyen hasn't said anything. We finally turn the last corner-

"STOP!!!" Nguyen shouts. I slam on the brakes.

Standing between us in the truck our a dozen zombies. At least. And they're moving towards us, reaching out as if they can already get their hands on us. As if they can already taste our flesh in their mouths.

"Take 'em out!" I shout. I step on the gas as Nguyen and Jones spray rounds into their heads. A few strays miss their mark, but mostly a lot of brains get splattered against the walls or spray into the air. Zombies drop like they're not even there and we just run over the bodies.

We burst into the open, and I stop the jeep next to the truck. A hundred zombies bare down on us. Most of them wearing uniforms. "They must have heard me get the vehicles."

"God almighty. What do we do?" Jones asks, no longer having a good time. She and Nguyen keep their rifles trained on the monsters

"I-I..." I honestly don't know. If there were four or five of us, two could hold them off while the others load. But there's no way only one can keep them all away. And it would take forever for one person to load the truck.

"Sir?" Nguyen says. The zombies get closer.

"We can't load the truck. We can't hold this position. So...we don't. Jones!" I toss her the keys to the jeep. "Follow me. Nguyen, keep them off of us. But conserve your ammo. It has to last."

"I-I can't shoot our own men," Nguyen says.

I grab him by the front of his uniform. "They're not our men anymore!"

I let Nguyen go and run to the front of the truck. I fire off a few rounds. A couple hit zombies in the chest. One drops to a shot in his eye. I toss my rifle on the passenger seat of the truck and pull my pistol. I start the truck up as Jones and Nguyen get in the jeep, with Jones driving and Nguyen standing in the back.

We peel out and I decide to clear a path. I turn right into the zombies and just roll right over them, trying to keep from dry heaving. I see Jones following me in my mirror. Nguyen shoots any zombies that try to jump on board. It seems like forever, but in just a few seconds we've cleared the monsters and are heading to the main gate.

Driving around the base, I see a couple of soldiers on rooftops. They wave at us, but their buildings are surrounded by zombies. My radio clicks on. "Sir, do you see them?"

"I do, Jones."

"How are we going to get them down?"

"...We're not."

Nguyen joins the conversation. "What? I didn't read that sir."

"I think you did, private. We try and get those men, we waste are ammo. And we probably die. Keep driving."

"But sir!" Jones demands.

"That's an order."

"Captain, those are our men!"

"I said that's a goddammed order!"

We drive on in silence. I try not to look at our men waving, pleading, for rescue. I just hope I haven't dammed my soul.

We make our last turn towards the main gate. I press down on the accelerator, ready to crash right through. But someone runs out from the guardhouse, waving to us. There are zombies in the mirror, but they're way behind us. We should have time.

"We're stopping," I say into the radio, hitting the brakes.

The guard runs up to my door. "Oh, thank god, sir. I didn't think anyone would come."

I notice blood on his uniform. "Were you bit?"

He's breathing heavily. "What?"

"Did one of them bite you?"

"Yeah, just a minute ago. I blew his head off though."

"Do you feel hot?"

His eyes dart back and forth. "Now that you mention it..."

"Damn."
I start to pull away, and he jumps on my door.

"Wait. Take me with-"

I put a bullet in his head. His limp body falls to the ground. "God help me." I put the pedal to the floor and crash through the gate. The jeep follows me.

This wasn't good. Zombies coming towards me. I had to think fast. I got onto my feet despite the pain. I took a few steps back, pulled out my shotgun and pointed it at my bike. I shot at it.

The explosion that followed was more than enough to slow them down. The van was about a mile away. Looks like I was hooving it. I ran past the ruble of the zombies and the bike. God I'm going to miss that thing. I ran over to a car that was in the middle of the road. I climb on top of it. The view was good enough to tell me there were more than a few zombies to deal with.

After a few more minutes of looking showed me a way out of this. There were cars scattered all across the street. Most of them I could run or jump to. As long as I could stay on top of these cars I should be safe.

After about an hour of this and a few close calls I finally get to the shop that holds the Millennium Trooper. I open the side door slowly. Who knows whats in here. I walk in trying not to make to much noise. But It doesn't matter. They're already surrounded me.

"Damn it.... Alright. Brig it on you damn zombies!"

I pull out my shot gun and unload on them. Brains and other chunks of stuff go flying everywhere. There still more and I gotta reload. I run over to the van and climb on top of it. I start to reload. Ten Shots left. They make their way over to the Millennium Trooper but I got the gun and higher ground. Piece of cake. I blow two more zombies into chunks as they try to climb up. One of them was Jak. He owned this baby. Chances where he had the keys. I jumped down an quickly fished through his pockets and found them. just in time too. More were making there way towards me.

I jumped into the van and put the keys into the ignition. The load purr it made was the most reassuring thing I had ever heard. Thank god. I drove out of the garage and ran over a couple of zombies in the process. Time to get the boys. Mission accomplished.

I pull out my shot gun and unload on them. Brains and other chunks of stuff go flying everywhere. There still more and I gotta reload. I run over to the van and climb on top of it. I start to reload. Ten Shots left. They make their way over to the Millennium Trooper but I got the gun and higher ground. Piece of cake. I blow two more zombies into chunks as they try to climb up. One of them was Jak. He owned this baby. Chances where he had the keys. I jumped down an quickly fished through his pockets and found them. just in time too. More were making there way towards me.

I jumped into the van and put the keys into the ignition. The load purr it made was the most reassuring thing I had ever heard. Thank god. I drove out of the garage and ran over a couple of zombies in the process. Time to get the boys. Mission accomplished.

Kincaid keep moving through the shadows, and then he hears something...

That sounds like a car...a van...even...this could be the break I have been looking for.

Kincaid heads towards the sound and starts yelling, ""HEYYYYY!!!!!!!!!"

Before he knows it he is in a dead sprint and yelling.

I know to working alone...but right nwo seeing another human would be just fine with me.

Claire jumped at the slamming hand in the cell, almost letting off a nervous shot, and shrieked just a little, trembling in fear.

"Y-you go first.... I'll... cover or follow or something.." her voice obviously terrified, not even bothering to comment about his joke, obviously only paying attention to what MIGHT be around her, and just stayed quiet. She cringed as he broke the windows, and her eyes went wide to the group of stumblers down the hall banging on the windows, immediately raising her gun, but froze up, only looking on with a shaking gun in her hand, and simply just watched Jonathan shoot down other zombies. Of course, Claire didn't really say anything, since she didn't want to seem useless or needy, like saying sorry or something, and give Jonathan the impression that she was more a liability than help, she'd just play it off like she was conserving precious ammunition or something.

Claire followed close behind Jonathan, continually looking behind her, thinking the shotgun would most DEFINITELY pull in some of those freaks, and then she stepped slowly and carefully over the dead ones, and then up to the cage, looking in. "Hey, are you okay in there...?" Claire asked in a soft voice to the face down friend. He was probably injured, but he might've been okay. However... she also watched them get up, and saw it in his eyes, right away, and then the arm, a reoccuring thing, the arm bites. In fact, in all of the one's she'd seen, they'd been bitten... "HE'S FREAKING ONE OF THEM!!!!!" She cried out, and jumped back, pointing the gun up again.

"Yeah... I mean, we're not going to be safe here forever. We gotta get out of here, and somewhere not populated. They seem to be...spreading it looks like. And as hokey as it sounds, I really think the bites MAY be spreading it. I mean, look at these guys and your friends, they all have bites. Every one of the stumblers in the streets? Bitten. Maybe you have some sort of protection here before we go? Load up on ammo? Maybe an emergency station?"

I agree we are going to have to leave but we need to try and find some more survivors. If you want there should be some food in that fridge, I am going to get on the radio and see if anyone is monitoring the frequency.

Jonathan walks around the desk to the mic and keys up

Is anyone monitoring the police band? If you have a radio and are picking up this frequency respond. This Is Officer Smith at the station anyone copying this traffic should respond we will be leaving shortly, repeating any surviors picking up this transmission respond.

After a few minutes of driving I start to notice how tired I am. Plus, I'm hungry and sweating. I decide to pull over into an empty alleyway. I back into it and turn on the A.C. I make sure all the door are locked plus the sunroof. There's a blanket in the storage department. I pull it ot and lay in the back seat. I slowly fall asleep.

I wake up several hours later to hear a banging. After a minute I realize what it is. I jump up an get to the front seat. I see what was making it now. There are zombies on the font window.

zackzombie.jpg

"Aw. damn it." Is all I manage to crack out.

Kincaid keep moving through the shadows, and then he hears something...

That sounds like a car...a van...even...this could be the break I have been looking for.

Kincaid heads towards the sound and starts yelling, ""HEYYYYY!!!!!!!!!"

Before he knows it he is in a dead sprint and yelling.

I know to working alone...but right nwo seeing another human would be just fine with me.

I shoot out the ally I was in at full speed. Most of the zombies fall off. I keep shaking the car around till there all off. I stop take a breathe and look up to see this guy running toward the van. I almost pounded the gas to run over this guy but I see he's got guns. Must be a human I pull over to him. He looks outta breath. Must have been chasing me the whole way. I'm surprised to see that I hadn't been in that ally for a long time.

I roll down the window.

"Hey buddy. Need a lift??"

I open the door for him.

After about five minutes worth of trying to reach anyone on the outside, Jonathan gives up.

We have to get out of here, but we need to find survivors also, we will take a squad car with a exterior speaker that way we can keep broadcasting and if we find someone we can pick them up, we'll also make sure its got a cage in case they try to take over.I am going to run out to the cars and check the fuel, I will be right back.

Jonathan runs out to the cars it is relatively clear he checks all the cars two of them are empty but one of them has about a half a tank means he will have to find a station and fill up before they leave.

Claire nodded to Jonathan and began to look around. She bit her lower lip, to keep it from quivering from the news just spread to her. 'We can't possibly be all who's left...' Claire thought to herself. 'I mean... it's too quick, and they're so slow...' She closed her eyes, then looked toward Jonathan, gripping the gun tightly in her hand.

"Well... I mean, do you have a plan? Are we headed for a specific part of town, or completely out of town? I mean, my place is out on the fringes of town, surrounded by a big heavy gate and plenty of food. But it's ON the other side of town, and I get the feeling the streets are going to be not so kind..."

Claire looked around again, and put the gun into her pocket and said, "I'm also going to need something bigger if you're going to drive..."

"Sir, we need to stop," Nguyen says over the radio.

"Why?"

"We need to stop. Now!...Sir."

"Jones, is there something wrong with the jeep."

"I'm not sure why-"

"We just need to stop!"

"...Fine. We'll pull off the road here. Five minutes." We pull off the road. I get out of the truck to see what's wrong. I see Jones standing by the jeep. Nguyen is bent over behind it, emptying the contents of his stomach.

"Jones, keep watch." She nods, raising her rifle into a ready position. I go around the back of the jeep. "Nguyen, you al-"

Nguyen lands one hell of an uppercut on me, actually sending me into the air. I land on my back hard. Nguyen points his rifle at me, Jones swings hers around and aims it at Nguyen. "Drop it!" She demands.

"He just left them to die.," Nguyen says to Jones. "And he killed the guard."

"It was too late for him,"
I say. Nguyen just takes a half-step closer, making sure his aim is true.

"Don't..." Jones warns.

"Put you gun down," I tell Jones. She hesitates. "Do it." She does. I look at Nguyen. "Private, the guard had been bitten. He was starting to turn."

"The others weren't!"

"We can't be sure. And even if they hadn't...how many zombies were around those buildings?" Nguyen hesitates. "How many?"

"I don't know. A few dozen?"

"A few dozen. And just on the outside. We don't know how many were inside." I slowly start to get up. Nguyen's rifle follows me. "We can't afford to kill ourselves off. We don't know how many people are left out there. And how many zombies are waiting for us."

"You let our men die."

"They were dead already!"

Nguyen's expression turns to confusion. That's when Jones knocks his rifle in the air. A single shot rings out. But Jones already has the private on the ground.

"That's enough, Corporal. Let him up."

"But sir!"

I just look at her. "Yes, sir." She gets up. Nguyen gets up too.

"Everything we know is shot to hell. If we don't get to another base, we might not live too long." I pick up Nguyen's rifle and hand it back to him. He doesn't shoot me, which is a good sign.

"Let's get to town."

Claire nodded to Jonathan and began to look around. She bit her lower lip, to keep it from quivering from the news just spread to her. 'We can't possibly be all who's left...' Claire thought to herself. 'I mean... it's too quick, and they're so slow...' She closed her eyes, then looked toward Jonathan, gripping the gun tightly in her hand.

"Well... I mean, do you have a plan? Are we headed for a specific part of town, or completely out of town? I mean, my place is out on the fringes of town, surrounded by a big heavy gate and plenty of food. But it's ON the other side of town, and I get the feeling the streets are going to be not so kind..."

Claire looked around again, and put the gun into her pocket and said, "I'm also going to need something bigger if you're going to drive..."

I'm working on it, I mean this place has too many glass windows and not enough items we could use for the purpose of barricades, so we are going to have to find some place safe, you have a security gate, so right now that might not be a bad idea to go to your place, but we need to find a way to get a message out, so that any survivors can find us. Not to mention it probably won't be long before the government gets involved. They are notorious for cover ups.

Looking at the pistol she is carrying, as far as weapons are concerned take your pick from the evidence room, there should be another shotgun or two, a couple of rifles, and unless policy has changed there should be an M4 in the trunk of the squad car. There should be ammo in there also, looks like someone already raided the vests, not that they would do us a whole lot of good, if one those things tries to bite our arms or legs.If its your place and you think you can drive the car I will handle the arms, but after wrecking your viper its your choice are you ready to drive again?

I shoot out the ally I was in at full speed. Most of the zombies fall off. I keep shaking the car around till there all off. I stop take a breathe and look up to see this guy running toward the van. I almost pounded the gas to run over this guy but I see he's got guns. Must be a human I pull over to him. He looks outta breath. Must have been chasing me the whole way. I'm surprised to see that I hadn't been in that ally for a long time.

I roll down the window.

"Hey buddy. Need a lift??"

I open the door for him.

Kincaid jumps in the van.

A kid? Can't be any older than 18 at best......but at this moment I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Besides I have been in enough places where some of the kids were twice as brave as the adultsDon't need to let him in on who I am...yet. This is a need to know deal.

He straps up his seat-belt and says, "Name's Spenser. Edward Spenser. Let's move, my yelling got you to stop but it also managed to give every ugly in the city a chance to find out where you and I are."

Kincaid chambers both sawed off shot-guns and fires at two approaching zombies. He then sees that more are coming.

He says, "Uh-Oh, we are in serious trouble! Make this thing move now or we won't have time to share life stories."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"