No Way Home "There's No Place Like Home" - Andrew Garfield Returns As Webbverse Spider-Man

Arachnerd

The White Portuguese
Reaction score
andrew-garfield-the-amazing-spider-man-2-sony.jpg

With the recent leaked photos of Andrew Garfield being DMCA'd on Twitter confirming that they're legit, I figured there was no better time than now to create this thread. What do you expect out of his third outing and are you excited about it? :D

I'm so glad he'll be getting a proper sendoff, given how things ended for him. He cares so much about the character, and that's apparent whenever he's on screen.

Also glad it appears he's
wearing the TASM 2 suit!
Not sure if that needed to be in spoiler blocks, but alas :oldrazz: So excited

He's my favorite guy to portray Spidey. To be 100% abundantly clear, the ASM Spider-Man is not my favorite take. That's a testament to how good Garfield was, that he wasn't written completely well and he still managed to feel so right to me. A very overlooked thing about Peter in the comics is that despite his good heart and intentions, he does have streak in him that's a bit of a jerk. Garfield nails that comicbook Peter. Had he been the character in the Raimi-verse or heck even Homecoming, he probably would've been the definitive guy to a lot of people. He just needed a great film to cement it for him which he never got imo.

I hope, if these rumors are true, that under the MCU, he's written in a way that people who never bought into him finally see what the rest of us Andrew Garfield fans saw.

So... Andrew was the werewolf after all.

Oh you...

EDFnlqHXkAAZsCI.jpg

To be fair he only promised he was not the werewolf lol. Then said he didn't get a phone call. All truths probably. But truthful lies of course if he really is in the movie.

That's what NDAs are for.

I knew it they were all in New York at the same time. Glad to be vindicated

Happy to see he's wearing the TASM2 suit as opposed to ASM. I WW as worried they go with the latter in order to distinguish him and Tobey a little more.

I'm so happy for Andrew. :hrt:

To me, he's easily the most talented and passionate actor to play Spidey but was caught up under the worst working conditions.

No one thought this would happen but it did and he's back.

Redemption rarely, if ever, happens in this genre. This definitely feels special.

I never loved his take on Peter Parker, but I always thought he was great as Spider-Man. I just wish those TASM movies were better than they were and hopefully seeing him under different writers and an entirely new direction does him justice this time because Andrew is a fantastic actor who always deserved better IMO.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Emma. Even if it's just a cameo.

I will lose my crap if we see Emma. Oddly enough it's almost like she was the most iconic thing about the ASM series. Her popularity essentially spearheaded the Gwen craze in the comics. I feel like if she showed up she would get a great reaction from the audience especially if it's Spider-Gwen.

But she’s dead
That would necessitate another alternate dimension cropping up if a Spider-Gwen cameo were to happen.

Just spitballing, but maybe if there's MCU Spidey and ASM Spidey travelling worlds together, what if they pop into a few other callback worlds like a Spider-Gwen one and there's a moment with the two of them meeting? Folks were thinking the Hot Toys photos hinted at MCU Spidey travelling into the Raimi and Webb universes.

But she’s dead

Dude. We just had a show introducing variant versions of the same character. Why are you acting like suddenly this is against the rules? If its a cameo of her as Spider-Gwen, its not even supposed to be the same one that died. I know you're just being obtuse on purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"