Homecoming They should do a soundtrack like Guardians of the Galaxy

Justin Bieber soundtrack? Spidey, Spidey, Spidey ouuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

I'm thinking they go the generic rap route with Spidey singing about how he's smoking Mary Jane everyday and how his hoe Gwen cheatin on him with a little Goblin.

would be cool idea to do, but i dont really see the need, soundtrack and scores will likely be mostly musical scores by some composer, with some rock/pop music on the end credits.

I think more than any other Marvel franchise, mixing contemporary songs in with the traitional score would fit Spidey very well. Plus, it would help set the new series apart from the last two.

I think they could have a GOTG-styled soundtrack. But it should be all 80s songs which might be typically played in John Hughes movies or other classic 80s films.

I think this would really give it a John Hughes feel and set it apart from other Spidey movies and make it different from GOTG as well.

I think they could have a GOTG-styled soundtrack. But it should be all 80s songs which might be typically played in John Hughes movies or other classic 80s films.

I think this would really give it a John Hughes feel and set it apart from other Spidey movies and make it different from GOTG as well.

That'd be pretty cool actually :up:

Imagine hearing oh yeah in a spidey movie xD

I'm fine with a regular Spidey score similar to Elfman's theme as well , but it could be dotted around with 80s hits in between. Spidey should be like the feel-good movie of the summer, bringing even a sense of nostalgia to all those who like John Hughes or 80s teen movies.

We could get music from Huey Lewis and the News, Gloria Estefan, Yello etc.

Oh Yeah was also featured in The Secret of My Success (another 80s comedy with Michael J Fox) as well as Ferris Bueller.

I would be so disappointed if we didn't get "She Blinded Me With Science" in the film. :cwink:

Nice idea but as much as I love 80s music. I don't want the film to look or feel dated. I rather have current rock/pop on soundtrack and credits.

Nice idea but as much as I love 80s music. I don't want the film to look or feel dated. I rather have current rock/pop on soundtrack and credits.

I thought about that, but I think having older music would be a nice reflection of Peter himself. He just seems like the type of kid who'd listen to a lot of classic bands and songs, as well as stuff that's a bit more modern.

Besides, he'd totally be a fan of this song. I'm certain of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FIMvSp01C8

True I am huge 70s 80s music fan. And I enjoy it. I just want to keep the film more timeless I guess would be right term.

True I am huge 70s 80s music fan. And I enjoy it. I just want to keep the film more timeless I guess would be right term.

Actually, I think the film would probably be less timeless if they used modern pop/rock songs. But that's just me and my opinion on how much of modern music is terrible and many of the best bands out there right now have practically no real representation out there aside from YouTube.

Do you think GOTG seems dated then with its 70s soundtrack? Would it be less so with current rock/pop tracks?

No bit it worked in via peter ties to past earth.

Do you think GOTG seems dated then with its 70s soundtrack? Would it be less so with current rock/pop tracks?
A modern 2010s soundtrack would fit this film better considering that this is going to be similar to a teenage drama. It makes sense to use modern songs.

Besides, Starlord was born in the 80s.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind 80s music. Then again I'm a child of the 80s so I'm biased.:woot:. I wouldn't mind hearing Jump by Van Halen during a swinging through the city scene. Lol.

I wouldn't mind 80s music. Then again I'm a child of the 80s so I'm biased.:woot:. I wouldn't mind hearing Jump by Van Halen during a swinging through the city scene. Lol.

Imagine this song playing as we get a montage of Peter building his web-shooters or some other piece of equipment in his basement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm-upHSP9KU

You know it'd be perfect. :funny:

As much as I love all this 80's music (that's my decade, I was 15 through 24 during those years) and it would make the movie that much awesome for me, I don't know if it would work for Spidey/Pete in a movie that takes place now. It worked for GOTG, because it was worked into Peter Quill's character, a mix tape made by his mother, his connection from where he came from.

And, C Prometheus, I was watching that Weird Science video (love that song), remembering those giant floppy discs! :oldrazz:

There's a Spiderman connection with Oingo Bongo since that's Danny Elfman's band.

Isn't that Danny Elfman singing in that video?

BTW, I didn't know that Danny Elfman is Jenna Elfman's uncle-in-law.

Last edited:
I could see the MCU Spider-Man being a big fan of 90's music, but not 80's. The kid was born around 2000. It wouldn't bring him nostalgia, so he would just have to like older music, for no reason other than personality. Spider-Man doesn't seem to be that kind of kid, and to be honest having him like 80's or 90's music could seem a bit too hipster... and we don't want to go that way again. Just let him like modern music like the avg. kid his age in this time. There nothing wrong with that! Course there is nothing wrong with deciding he can like classical music, or retro music, or even that he hates music, but that would all be changing his character more than I think they should.

On another note, maybe mysterio could sing there are no strings on me... no? Ok...

We already had modern music in a spidey movie lmao and it was pretty dumb

Last edited:
We already had modern music in a spidey music lmao and it was pretty dumb

There are a lot of different genres that are modern. Personally I would still like electric rout, definitely not dubstep though. Rap doesn't seem to fit spidey.
Not to mention there is good modern music of certain genres and bad, so dismissing something because the past film's music wasn't good is like dismissing the idea of introducing Gwen because they did that already.

Current music only makes sense for spidey, so long as the theme fits. I know they will do great though, as I like how you can tell what music is from what MCU movie by what instruments are used and such. (E.g. soldier music spin for cap)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"