Homecoming They should do a soundtrack like Guardians of the Galaxy

There are a lot of different genres that are modern. Personally I would still like electric rout, definitely not dubstep though. Rap doesn't seem to fit spidey.
Not to mention there is good modern music of certain genres and bad, so dismissing something because the past film's music wasn't good is like dismissing the idea of introducing Gwen because they did that already.

Current music only makes sense for spidey, so long as the theme fits. I know they will do great though, as I like how you can tell what music is from what MCU movie by what instruments are used and such. (E.g. soldier music spin for cap)

Well when I hear modern music, I just imagine what's on the radio. Popular stuff that gets replayed to infinity and beyond on the radio is the 'modern music' for most teenagers:shrug:

There are a lot of different genres that are modern. Personally I would still like electric rout, definitely not dubstep though. Rap doesn't seem to fit spidey.
Not to mention there is good modern music of certain genres and bad, so dismissing something because the past film's music wasn't good is like dismissing the idea of introducing Gwen because they did that already.

Current music only makes sense for spidey, so long as the theme fits. I know they will do great though, as I like how you can tell what music is from what MCU movie by what instruments are used and such. (E.g. soldier music spin for cap)
:up:

Well when I hear modern music, I just imagine what's on the radio. Popular stuff that gets replayed to infinity and beyond on the radio is the 'modern music' for most teenagers:shrug:

Ok, I understand now. I meant to be more general with the term. I'm not that into what's popular on the radio (I listen to Spotify/Pandora, but mostly non-lyric songs and a lot of the songs I get aren't popular or current.) So as far as that more specific term of modern music, I can't say I would like it. For sure I wouldn't like the music to be actual popular music, I would rather it be music specifically made for spidey. :) (Normally the less lyrics the better.)

Ok, I understand now. I meant to be more general with the term. I'm not that into what's popular on the radio (I listen to Spotify/Pandora, but mostly non-lyric songs and a lot of the songs I get aren't popular or current.) So as far as that more specific term of modern music, I can't say I would like it. For sure I wouldn't like the music to be actual popular music, I would rather it be music specifically made for spidey. :) (Normally the less lyrics the better.)

Yeah and especially when I think of modern music in movies my mind goes straight to popular stuff like gone in tasm 2. I'd prefer a straight score to that myself. Although like you said, maybe electronic wouldn't be bad if it's something fitting..I do like edm myself. I don't think the soundtrack should be limited to any one genre or era though. If it fits, it ships lol

It would be cool if they did more of an indie soundtrack (something like the Warm Bodies or 500 Days of Summer soundtracks) as well an orchestral score of course.

80s music could be what Uncle Ben used to listen to, so Peter adopted his tastes because it reminds him of Ben. If they got a Hughes actor for Ben and May they wouldve been teenagers in the 80s.

i wouldnt expect a whole credits/sound track to just be 80s or 90s songs. But i could see maybe one or two songs used in the film and the soundtrack. But it likely be just regular composer music, and current rock/pop songs on the soundtrack.

I wanna hear octopus's garden at Ock's introduction :o
Some random thoughts I had:

Hall and oates - You make my dreams (the symbiote binds to eddie)

Yello - Oh Yeah (MJ's introduction)

Flock of Seagulls - I ran (scene where Peter gives up the mantle/skips town or something)

Simple minds - dont you forget about me (flash leaves to the army)

John Carpenter - Laurie's Theme (venom stalking Peter)

The doors - People are strange (Peter enters Mysterio's funhouse)

Taco - Puttin on the Ritz (another one for Mysterio xD)

Franz Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody no. 2 (giant Mysterio plays piano with a tiny spidey on the keys)

Toto - Africa (Kraven montage :o)

AC/DC - Back In Black (badass symbiote costume reveal)

Queen and David Bowie - Under Pressure (nothing specific, but it fits the tone I think)

Tears for Fears - Everybody wants to rule the world (otto singing in his lab or something pre doc ock days)

Last edited:
I love this idea because Guardians soundtrack was so good. Lots of great songs in it. Made movie feel more fun.

I know someone talked about that blinded me with science song. I would love if someone took that song and do a vid of banner and stsrk montage scenes from aou.

Might as well do a pop soundtrack.

They don't sell like they used to, but the GOTG was a nice outlier.

What, if anything, is the "center" of teen-friendly pop now? Bear in mind this would be the MP3 and streaming generation, where "everyone" has some type of music player.

I'm just impressed that you brought back a two year old thread... haha

the thread survives?

is there even a pop soundtrack at all?

I remember the ASM2 soundtrack had hans zimmer and pharrell, I believe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"