World Things that bug you.

JerseyJoker

Sidekick
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be per say something that has been done in the world of Spidey comics or movies (but if it is, go ahead with it). But just something related to Spider-Man that irks you.

For me, I can't stand it...like if I read someone writing about him and they put "Spiderman" then I have instantly written off the article because they can't get his name right. Just something about people not writing his name the right way bugs the ever living hell out of me.

Last edited:
Stan Lee having a different version of how he came up with Spider-Man each time he talks about it is quite irritating.

Spider-Man being caused by a freak accident on a scientific level to being a more mystical reason.

Blatant continuty errors.

Wikipedia! SpiderFan.org! They're there for a reason! :cmad:

It doesn't have to be per say something that has been done in the world of Spidey comics or movies (but if it is, go ahead with it). But just something related to Spider-Man that irks you.

For me, I can't stand it...like if I read someone writing about him and they put "Spiderman" then I have instantly written off the article because they can't get his name right. Just something about people not writing his name the write way bugs the ever living hell out of me.
YES! It's even worse when people do it on the forums. It's like, "There are people all around you typing his name right. You can't chalk it up to ignorance, so why?!"

I've been writing it 'Spiderman' my entire life... Never knew it was wrong :(

But I understand you're pain. I find it really annoying when people write 'Super-Man', so I'll make an effort to do it right from now on!

Oh and the idea that Black Cat is a copy of Catwoman, even though Black Cat was doing her sexy cat burgler thing way before Frank Miller turned Catwoman into that, as she was doing stupid crimes all centered around "Cat" themes.

Spiderman irritates me too. As does Bat-Man. =\

Spider Man is...acceptable. Bat Man is not.
Spider-Man. Batman. Done.

Agree about Spider-Man written Spiderman
I don't like how he was written as everyone's puppet in Web of Shadows. And some characters were written wrong
People getting stuff without exchange of material between hands in SM3 the game
Spider-Man kicking Rhino into next week with ease was never translated in other media out of Spider-Man 2 the game

I get pissed off when people misspell Norman Osborn as Norman Osbourne...

or when people spell Gwen Stacy or Captain Stacy as "Stacey"...

get it right, you dimbulb nimrods... it's OSBORN and STACY...

You know what's funny about Osborn? Ozzy Osbourne is spelled the second way
At least according to Google

Oh and the idea that Black Cat is a copy of Catwoman, even though Black Cat was doing her sexy cat burgler thing way before Frank Miller turned Catwoman into that, as she was doing stupid crimes all centered around "Cat" themes.

Was Black cat a sexy cat burglar by 1966? Because that year (at least) the TV series' Catwoman was all that, with a skin tight black cat suit and a mask that were almost the same as Black Cat used... years later.

The whole thing... I mean it's just way too obvious to ignore.

If anything, it bugs me when someone dares to think Black Cat DIDN'T copy"cat" Catwoman. As said by El Payaso, look at the '60s series.

********* Batman fans bug me :rolleyes:

Another thing that bugs me and I don't know why, but during the Miles Morales thing, people that don't do enough research to understand that the Peter Parker that died was Ultimate Peter.

I just feel if your going to be somewhat overly racist and overly sensitive that someone died, take a minute to google wikipedia to make sure you are talking about the right universe's character.

I dislike the fact that they never really changed the costume design beyond the webs in the armpits.

I'm not a huge fan of the standard costume because it looks like it has an arrow pointing at spidey's crotch.

I love Spider-man, but I cannot stand the comics or I guess comics in general. I hate people dying and coming back to life, clones, other dimensions, time travel, spidey teaming up with other heros, etc ect.

I dont like when it gets too supernatural. SSM the show got everything perfect.

I love Spider-man, but I cannot stand the comics or I guess comics in general. I hate people dying and coming back to life, clones, other dimensions, time travel, spidey teaming up with other heros, etc ect.

I dont like when it gets too supernatural. SSM the show got everything perfect.
There are so many stories that don't involve what you hate in comics, you should read those and don't focus all your reading on stuff you don't like

The SSM show is really based mostly off of a lot of the early Spidey stories in term of style and tone.

The things that bug me the most regarding Spider-Man have nothing to do with Spider-Man, just people. Haha.

The Venom series bugs me. Having Flash Thompson wear the symbiote just feels wrong to me. Venom has always been a villain in my mind so having him be a superhero is an abrupt change. I can see how it would be an interesting idea to have Flash's anger and history of military violence be manipulated by the alien, but that doesnt happen. The symbiote has no presence in this series. Its merely a costume that obeys Flash's orders. Venom has never been a deep character, but the conflict between host and parasite was kind of interesting. There is none of that here.

I read the series for the supporting cast. Jack O'Lantern is one of the best villains that I'm aware of right now. His method of murder is definitely one of the most twisted that I've seen come out of the comic book in a long while. I appreciate the adherence to continuity that the writer uses, keeping names of obscure characters correct as well as their histories. The violence in the book is disconcerting, which is a good thing. It isnt glamorous at all. Though I gotta say, I'm glad that when bad guys here threaten to kill someone, they actually do it.

I'm not crazy about the plot twist from last issue. Crime Master's ID was revealed, and its a very, very long dead character. Sometimes I do wish that bad guys be random people that the hero has never heard of.

As for Black Cat being a Catwoman rip off, read this:
http://www.comicvine.com/black-cat/29-1479/

She was meant to be a Spider-Woman villain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"