Things That You Would Change About The MCU?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
What are things you would change about the MCU back then or now? What ideas/suggestions do you think would’ve been better than what they did back then or doing right now?

Three that come to my mind right now that I'd change:

Releasing Black Widow earlier, somewhere between Civil War and Infinity War. Having it kick off Phase 4 feels odd. Only downside to it coming out 4-5 years prior is Florence Pugh might not have been in it.

Actually putting some effort into Quantumania.

Not every Disney+ MCU show needs to be a show. Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and Secret Invasion all could have been direct to Disney+ movies.

The only thing I would've changed is having an actual stinger during the credits for Endgame. They had the eyes of the whole world watching, they should've kept the story going on some type of way by introducing a new enemy.

And of course as Drizzle mentioned, releasing Black Widow before Infinity War.

The only thing I would've changed is having an actual stinger during the credits for Endgame. They had the eyes of the whole world watching, they should've kept the story going on some type of way by introducing a new enemy.

I've wondered what they could have done for an end credit scene for Endgame since the last couple of scenes of that movie feel like mid-credits stingers teasing what's next anyway (Thor with the Guardians, Steve passing the shield to Sam). Maybe that deleted scene of Tony in the soul world after the snap seeing a grown up version of his daughter?

Speaking of end credits scenes, I love Endgame opening up with Hawkeye and his family during the snap but part of me wonders how it would have played as a second credits scene during Infinity War if only for the reason that it felt off with one of the OG Avengers not being in that movie at all.

For me, probably no TV shows.

Some of the upcoming movies are questionable to me as well but I haven't see them.

I do stand, some of the phase 4 / 5 movies would have been better, if they weren't splitting time between movies and tv shows. Kevin Feige cannot possibly oversee everything and eXpect them to do just fine.

Endgame is fine as it was / is.

I've wondered what they could have done for an end credit scene for Endgame since the last couple of scenes of that movie feel like mid-credits stingers teasing what's next anyway (Thor with the Guardians, Steve passing the shield to Sam). Maybe that deleted scene of Tony in the soul world after the snap seeing a grown up version of his daughter?

Speaking of end credits scenes, I love Endgame opening up with Hawkeye and his family during the snap but part of me wonders how it would have played as a second credits scene during Infinity War if only for the reason that it felt off with one of the OG Avengers not being in that movie at all.

I can see that working as a great 'What the hell' moment where one of the original Avengers isn't present, but when we finally see him, he loses his family. But I feel if you put that moment in Infinity War, I think you'd have to change the mid-credits scene of Ant-Man and the Wasp since it would basically be the same thing.

No reason you'd have to, but it'd feel a little redundant having two mid credits scenes with audiences seeing supporting cast members of main Avengers getting snapped.

I can see that working as a great 'What the hell' moment where one of the original Avengers isn't present, but when we finally see him, he loses his family. But I feel if you put that moment in Infinity War, I think you'd have to change the mid-credits scene of Ant-Man and the Wasp since it would basically be the same thing.

No reason you'd have to, but it'd feel a little redundant having two mid credits scenes with audiences seeing supporting cast members of main Avengers getting snapped.
Yeah, I would still keep it as is in the beginning of Endgame since it ties into later scenes and is a big part of Hawkeye's story in it. It just would have been more salt in the would at the end of IW.

Man if only that Fox Acquisition was done sooner. In my head, the perfect end credit scene/mid credit scene for Endgame, would've been the Silver Surfer somewhere on a spaceship, talking to Galactus about Earth. Their life forms have returned from the Blip, Galactus has noticed an uptick of crazy energy from Earth and it's making him hungry.

Man if only that Fox Acquisition was done sooner. In my head, the perfect end credit scene/mid credit scene for Endgame, would've been the Silver Surfer somewhere on a spaceship, talking to Galactus about Earth. Their life forms have returned from the Blip, Galactus has noticed an uptick of crazy energy from Earth and it's making him hungry.
We comic nerds would have loved it but I can see why they didn't go for something like that even if they did have the rights back at that point. After dealing with Thanos being built up over two phases culminating in two long movies, it would have been exhausting to tease another big bad after all that. Also not having a major tease for what comes next serves as a pretty good exit point for anyone who's had their Marvel fill after 22 movies, as if to say "This train is still gonna keep going but this is a fine stop to get off if you want".

As it is, I loved the choice they made to have nothing but the sound of Tony building the OG Mark I suit at the end of the credits as a subtle nod to where the MCU started.

I'm not going to say they should've made this or that movie better since while I certainly agree with that for several movies, it's kind of a pointless criticism.

What I would've done differently specifically is:

1. Make the original Ant-man the first 'Ant-man and the Wasp' film. That movie would've been so much better with both Scott and hope suiting up and it was kind of a travesty that Hope didn't even get to be a hero until after Infinity War, especially since the MCU was so desperately in need of more female heroes anyway.

2. Release Captain Marvel much earlier and give her a real role in Infinity War instead of the bs fake role in Endgame. Or don't release it until after Endgame. Either could work.

3. Put a bigger leash on Waititi. Ragnarok was ok. Love and Thunder was better. Both suffered from Taika's lack of filter.

4. More money/better work processes for FX, especially for Black Panther and She-Hulk (which were not the worst fx in the mcu, but definitely suffered the most from bad fx).

5. Scrap Iron Man 2 and 3. Or completely rework them, at least, but Tony was so much better as a supporting/ensemble character anyway.

6. More flexibility on D+. Hawkeye and Moon Knight should've been movies. Ms. Marvel should've been a longer, less serialized show (kind of like She-hulk). Falcon and the Winter Soldier had the right format, but needed more development (and in fairness, was hurt by rewrites forced by the pandemic). Also, I want more D+ specials. Something, fun, off-the-wall, short and sweet and not too expensive. And release the D+ content on physical media already, dammit.

7. A team-up movie before Quantumania. I was theoretically on-board with Kang Dynasty being the next big team-up when it was newly announced even though it was clearly a risk, but the risk has definitely not paid off with all these delays (and not all of them are out of Marvel's control). And there have been a LOT of new faces added to the MCU who are just kind of dangling out there waiting for their next appearance.

8. Put Hulk's smart transformation back into Infinity War. Or a flashback in Endgame. Or release a special or something. Don't leave his entire character arc off-screen.

9. Get a handle on the post-credits scenes. I adored phase iv and, so far, v as well, but the post-credits scenes have been terrible. And too many of the shows don't even have one (or have one tacked onto a random episode in the middle where you can't find it and then it's just a generic tv cliffhanger, anyway).

10. Put the breaks on Spider-man. His movies don't have to come out every two years. Give me a new Spider-man every three or four years so I can also get a new Dr. Strange or Shang-Chi in less than 5 years.

11. And finally, this is the one I might still be persuaded to change my mind on and it's definitely going to be the most controversial one but: Nick Fury should've died in Civil War. Civil War is great, but didn't go far enough in driving home the damage. It needed a good, tragic death - of someone beloved by all the Avengers and the audience, too. Fury not only fit the bill, he even made the most sense narratively, as someone who would naturally be in between the two sides, anyway. And, let's be honest, his continued existence in the mcu isn't exactly amazing, either. He was great in Avengers, Winter Soldier and Captain Marvel. The rest of his roles have been just treading water as the marvel guy who just kind of has to be around because its expected. I'd much rather he had a great dramatic end that helped to make a good movie truly great rather than degenerate into the bore fest the character's become.

Last edited:
I figured:
  • Don't announce a slate of stuff that won't be released on time or made happened as scheduled. Surprise me.
  • Take a break with the "phrases" after Secret Wars (Are we still getting it due to the strikes and stuff).
The rest I'll think about later. Right now, that is all I got.

One more I forgot to mention yesterday: Kamala's powers.

I can get behind changing the look of them if the FX just plain aren't up to the task of the comics accurate version. I can even learn to get over having them narratively tied to Captain Marvel's powers even though I think that's an absolutely terrible decision that makes their relationship fundamentally less interesting than it was in the comics.

But at least make them recognizably look like Kamala's powers. This generic energy shield and blue stepping stone crap is basically just turning Ms. Marvel into Green Lantern. There's no reason she couldn't manifest an energy version of herself like a power suit so she could climb by stretching her energy legs and protect people with a giant energy hand, etc.

I would diversify the MCU in terms of genres within the MCU. My long standing idea was to use the Special presentation format for an in-universe documentary. Documentaries never use special affects and one idea I had for an in-universe documentary was to find out what happened to the Howling Commandoes after World War II. You can use archival footage and interviews to fill in the gaps as all documentaries do.

Another idea I had in the MCU is an in-universe true crime show.

This video has great ideas for “fixing” Phase 4 and its Secret Invasion problem:

w3mAlC-a4Dk

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"