Marvel Films Things you are gonna miss from FoX's X-Men movies

Reaction score
I'm not gonna miss the First Class cast and the younger versions, the continuity errors and the bad adaptations.... However I am gonna miss the X-door and the cgi opening title sequence. I'm gonna miss the look of the subbasement and the Cerebro. I feel like Marvel Stud10s will make those look different. I'm gonna miss the original cast but they've been replaced and their characters they were playing were already killed in Logan on/off screen.

R.I.P. Foxverse 2000-2020

Last edited:
I’l miss Sophie Turner as Jean Grey. And that’s it.

Well it's not something that I will miss since the movie she's in isn't out yet, but I really wish Anya Taylor-Joy could've played MCU Magik because she's a perfect choice for the role.

1) Clearly Kinberg. He has been guiding this adult-themed more mature supremely crafted universe for years. He is the real showman behind all of the success in this franchise. I am really hoping he is embraced with warm hugs by Feige as they could use his talents and knowledge about future X-men films and F4istic. He really understands the ideas of how to make the sets and films feel real-world and grounded.

2) The all unifying single color costumes and more realistic street clothes outfits. These design motifs are part of the gritty realistic aesthetic that people thoroughly enjoy. I find there is too much color in the MCU. The MCU is now copying these ideas as the avengers are wearing all white suits in the new movie End Game. The X-men with their mono-color scheme present themselves as a segmented but united expert fighting force... more professional and slick as opposed to every individual looking different which is less threatening and less professional. People take the X-men far more seriously.

3) The overarching theme of friendship and breaking that friendship then rekindling that friendship again and the costs of those decisions on the whole world. No film franchise so thoroughly explores a friendship for this long.

I’ll miss the fetish these movies had for black leather and the messy confusing continuity that you can’t make any sense of. :funny:

Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Alan Cumming, Aaron Standford, Ian McKellen, Rebecca Romjin.

^Some of these were (very) miscast for sure, but they're the cast I grew up with, damn it. I already miss them with the current movies. They had all the screen presence.

I agree with you that the subbasement and the X-door closing after the opening credits was a delightful tradition. Same for the "X" after the 20th Century Fox logo.

The scores for the movies were always good, as well. Will miss Ottman's theme.

Other than that, bring on MCU X-Men!!!!

Probably will miss Hugh Jackson, Fassbender, McKellan, Mcavoy, Paige, Stewart, Paquin, Ashmore, Berry, Romjin, and.....how badly they screwed over our favorite merry mutants over the top 3.......and their god awful confusing ass timeline/continuity too.

The Fox X-Men films did get quite a lot right so I really hope the MCU versions aren't different for the sake of being different like Homecoming often was.

I'll miss Fassbender's Magneto and McAvoy's Xavier if they recast. They'll be very hard to top. On the plus side though, Fassbender would make a great Dr Doom....

Other than that, I'll miss the Fox Quicksilver since for obvious reasons we won't be getting a new MCU version.

Jackman, Stewart and McKellen were great but they seem to be done with the franchise regardless of the Disney takeover so no real loss there.

Last edited:
Some stuff I'm likely to miss is speculative, because for example, I worry that Wolverine will be too much the short, bestial version for my tastes, but I don't actually know how Marvel will handle him. I'll miss the Fox movies' look and tone in general. I'll miss Mystique's scaly design. I'll miss this version of Rogue because she'll have a different personality and I never got to see this one really kick ass. And it's not one of the films, but if The Gifted really is done for good, I'll miss that most of all.

Same for the "X" after the 20th Century Fox logo.

The scores for the movies were always good, as well. Will miss Ottman's theme.

Other than that, bring on MCU X-Men!!!!
Oh yes! I also liked when FoX did that with Fant4stic. Its just a shame that they couldn't handle the X-Men and the Fantastic Four properly. They could have given a good F4 film even it

Ottman's theme for the X-Men and the Fantastic Four are brilliant. Like if there's one thing I would keep from those movies is the score themes.

Oh yes! I also liked when FoX did that with Fant4stic. Its just a shame that they couldn't handle the X-Men and the Fantastic Four properly. They could have given a good F4 film even it

Ottman's theme for the X-Men and the Fantastic Four are brilliant. Like if there's one thing I would keep from those movies is the score themes.

I doubt the MCU X-Men will have a title sequence like Fox most likely some version of the classic theme will play over the marvel studios logo like they did with Homecoming. Homecoming didn't have a title sequence like the Raimi films.

If I'm being honest, even if the Disney buyout never happened Fox likely would have rebooted the franchise anyway seeing as Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian Mckellan, and most of everyone were already done with the roles anyway and Dark Phoenix was already looking to be a franchise-killer. The current Fox-franchise would've eventually gotten a complete reboot even if Disney never got Fox.

In an alternate non-canon timeline in which the Fox-Deal never happened or Comcast manage to buy Fox instead of the Mouse: Dark Phoenix would be a commercial and critical failure leading to Comcast/Universal/Fox putting the main franchise on ice while they get the spinoffs like Gambit or X-force off the ground. Deadpool gets another installment. Then Fox does the same hard reboot on the franchise that Marvel Studios will inevitably do once they start making X-Men films only difference being that Fox won't have the luxury of having the mutants co-existing in a universe with other heroes.

Last edited:
I don't think they will either. Instead, they would probably have a flashy end credits just like in most mcu films which foxverse films didn't really have eXcept for the Deadpool films.

If I'm being honest, even if the Disney buyout never happened Fox likely would have rebooted the franchise anyway seeing as Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian Mckellan, and most of everyone were already done with the roles anyway and Dark Phoenix was already looking to be a franchise-killer. The current Fox-franchise would've eventually gotten a complete reboot at some point.

In an alternate non-canon timeline in which the Fox-Deal never happened or Comcast manage to buy Fox instead of the Mouse: Dark Phoenix would be a commercial and critical failure leading to Comcast/Universal/Fox putting the main franchise on ice while they get the spinoffs like Gambit or X-force off the ground. Deadpool gets another installment. Then Fox does the same hard reboot on the franchise that Marvel Studios will inevitably do once they start making X-Men films only difference being that Fox won't have the luxury of having the mutants co-existing in a universe with other heroes.
They weren't gonna reboot. Gambit, New Mutants, X-23, Deadpool 3, Multiple Man and X-Force were in the works. They would have ignored the previous films and retconned characters but not a total reboot, leading to a more messier continuity. Dark PhoeniX probably had a sequel in plans. Remember foX already set dates for 2020 up to early 2021. They were gonna continue to make films as long as it gave them some profit. Continuity be damned.

Last edited:
I guess some members of the original cast i.e McKellen, Stewart, Marsden, Famke, Paquin etc mostly because I grew up with that cast. I checked out of the X-Men franchise after Origins and stopped caring so I won't really miss anything else in particular that Marvel can't do better.

So besides nostalgia attached to the OT, nothing.

I feel like a lot of the elements have lost the effect because they've gone back to them so many times. Admittedly, I'd feel better about the franchise if they ended at Logan. That was the perfect ending to this franchise. Dark Phoenix feels like an afterthought

Last edited:
The franchise lost its magic when the original cast was tossed aside in Apocalypse. Then Logan came and completely ended the present day X-Men, what a freaking waste after that amazing dofp ending. The Deadpool films treated the X-Men as a gag/joke, nothing more. I'm glad Murdoch sell foX uneXpectedly. Someone had to stop Kinberg from overseeing these films before completely running it into the ground, he was making the series his cash cow and isn't even doing a great job at it. Bye Felicia.

If I'm being honest, even if the Disney buyout never happened Fox likely would have rebooted the franchise anyway seeing as Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian Mckellan, and most of everyone were already done with the roles anyway and Dark Phoenix was already looking to be a franchise-killer. The current Fox-franchise would've eventually gotten a complete reboot even if Disney never got Fox.

Yes ive been saying this for a while. But constantly get told na they wouldn't have rebooted blah blah blah. It seemed kinda obvious a hard-reset was coming either way. Deadpool is really the last remnant of the fox verse.

They would only have rebooted if the films completely underperformed but foX knew they could release a bunch of spin offs without pushing the reset button. They would just retcon things and ignore certain stuff, but there wouldn't have been a complete reboot like Fant4stic right away. FoX was already leaning towards to making lower budgeted films and that would have been the case for Gambit, Multiple Man, X23, Kitty, Deadpool 3, X-Force, New Mutants sequels and the Dark PhoeniX sequel.

Last edited:
They weren't gonna reboot. Gambit, New Mutants, X-23, Deadpool 3, Multiple Man and X-Force were in the works. They would have ignored the previous films and retconned characters but not a total reboot, leading to a more messier continuity. Dark PhoeniX probably had a sequel in plans. Remember foX already set dates for 2020 up to early 2021.
I think eventually Fox would eventually to point where they had to reboot the franchise. You can't keep soft-rebooting forever -- at some point a hard reboot makes the most logically sense. Though it wouldn't be immediately and as I said they would've just focused on spinoffs for a while before they do the reboot but it would happen at some point down the line once they exhausted the spinoff ideas. There's only so much can do with a messy continuity before it becomes virtually un-salvageable.

Jackman, Mckellen, Stewart, Mcavoy and Fassbender. Excellent casting choices.

Gonna miss the intimacy and humanity of the Foxverse films as well.

I think eventually Fox would eventually to point where they had to reboot the franchise. You can't keep soft-rebooting forever -- at some point a hard reboot makes the most logically sense. Though it wouldn't be immediately and as I said they would've just focused on spinoffs for a while before they do the reboot but it would happen at some point down the line once they exhausted the spinoff ideas. There's only so much can do with a messy continuity before it becomes virtually un-salvageable.
That would have been years from now though. Sophie and the other younger members had at least 1 more film after Dark PhoeniX. While Deadpool related movies, would have kept them busy.

I will miss scenes like night crawler takes down the White House. That truly was superb

That was the best action sequence in the series, IMO. But after that Kurt was completely forgotten and his potential was wasted. I had expected him to become a regular member of the team. This was long before I became aware of the Kinberg/Ratner/Singer vortex of crap that would eventually envelop the X-Men, starting with X3.

That would have been years from now though. Sophie and the other younger members had at least 1 more film after Dark PhoeniX. While Deadpool related movies, would have kept them busy.
I’m aware it would be years from my now. My main point is the X-franchise would’ve inevitably been rebooted at some point regardless of whether Disney had bought Fox or not. And a sequel for Dark Phoenix was not a guarantee especially if the movie does end up underperforming severely. Dark Phoenix looks like it could been a franchise-killer on the level of Last Stand(ironic considering how much of a rehash the movie looks like of it). I don’t see it getting great critical buzz and achieving commercial success given how ambivalent audiences seem to be on the movie. There’s very little hype for the film which I feel will hurt it.

The series would bide it’s time with spin-offs for the time being while the main series takes a hiatus. Then they would’ve done the reboot after enough time has passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"