BvS Things You Hope They'll Change From Man of Steel

Wrong thread...delete.

Last edited:
I would like to see Cavill have more dialogue, and I would like it to be the sort of folksy, self-effacing, salt-of-the-earth kind of persona he's known for having in the comics.

In MoS, adult Clark barely said a word until halfway through the movie, and even then most of his fight-scene dialogue was just grunts. I get that he was just starting out in that movie, but now that we're done with that arc, I want to see him be more articulate and well-spoken.

I expect other camera techniques like dollying, crane shots, etc... in BvS.

Agreed. We're waiting three years for this movie. I don't want it to be over in 90 minutes.

Man of Steel felt like a good length. This film is supposed to be an epic. You need at least 2-3 hours to tell a proper epic.

A friends and I decided to watch MoS a while ago and were amazed about how we weren't bored or felt like it was dragging on. It could've even gone for longer IMO

Seeing people talk about watchmen's color. I thought there were too many filters in that one. Add some normal color with no exaggerated filters. Add some different fighting styles other than punching. Clean up some of the dialog and add actual character development. Give Lois a purpose so she isn't just in there to be there. (Maybe too late but) don't shove thr Lois and Clark relationship down our throates. Could go on but that is basically what I want to change.

More dialoge from cavill
No shakey cam
More fluid editing

Better and more Dialogue
Professional editing
Better consistent characterisation
Tighter writing no dumb blindspots
No overindulgent action scenes
Better storytelling

I really dislike the idea of making the tone more fun. To me Man of Steel was not joyless or void of humor and it was not the dour, dark, depressing film people believe it to be. I love the serious and respectful take on the Superman mythos. I don't think it was dark or overly realistic either (like the Nolan trilogy) I mean the movie had a full scale alien invasion and spent the first part of the film establishing Krypton. After that I liked the contrast of the real world mundane setting and the fantastic elements of Superman. I would like an upgrade in dialogue which I'm thinking we will see with Terrio and a showcasing of Batman's hand to hand combat ability. I'm excited at the prospect moving forward in the DC cinematic universe.

I'm with you guys on more Cavill dialogue. That was sorely lacking in the first one and Cavill is so charming in the role. A little more smiling and a more dialogue will go a looong way.

Other than that, I want to see more of the Daily Planet. I hope Perry, Jenny Olsen and Steve Lombard have a more prominent prescence in this movie.

A more charming, proactive Superman with a better defined personality. Don't have him be a "Hi and bye" rescuer, but a friendly guy who loves what he does. The cool older brother who reaches out to people.

More fun
Comedy, not over the top, just way more than MOS for God's sake. At least as much as BB or TDK, or Superman Returns.
No hand-held, and all scenes to be steady.
Tone down the action.
A double climax is good but not like MOS which was too much, more like SII or SIII.
Brighter color film.
Lighter humor.
Not so dark and all that serious.
More live action capes flapping in the wind, and less CGI capes.
Make sure Superman is careful and this time very concerned about the people and try and prevent damage.

Above all, I advocate for a serious tone, at the same time I also strongly advocate for this to not be TOO serious.

MOS could have had a little more charm and fun with the serious, dark structure they had. While it did have its action-adventuresome moments, it considerably lacked a lot of fun.

Further, I don't want them to take all their effort to make it as realistic as possible that it can't be fun anymore, otherwse there is no point in enjoying it. They took that too seriously with the first one.

Did that mean no Jimmy Olsen at all, no bumbling Clark, no glasses, no steady/formal camera shots of Superman flying, no crowd cheering for Superman, no super breath, no Daily Planet globe on roof present at all--all of these cut out, simply because they are not realistic enough?

There is only so much the audience can take. Don't go overboard with this thing, or else, you will lose your audience. It won't be fun anymote, and your franchise will ultimately bomb!

I want the audience to see that Superman is smart. I can take him getting out smarted by Batman, but Superman needs to have a couple scenes where he gets firm with Batman and outsmarts him, and justifies the right from the wrong and own him a few times.

Also, the damn Daily Planet globe. Believing it doesn't fit at all in this "grounded" world is bull.

My major complaint about MOS: bad editing.

It could also be a function of poor screenplay, but the editing in MOS was too choppy and the scene jump was too jarring. The filmmaker should also avoid mixing linear/non-linear story telling. If you're going to make a 2.5 hour movie, make it epic in scale and story telling scope, with less "Bayform" actions. For this reason, I hope that Terrio will be able to do some writer magic.

I also hope that the colour is much more prominent with Superman and Wonder Woman.

I tried watching mos without Flashback seq imo I think MOS would have done more better without the flashback take by singer instead he should have have gone straight A to B like superman 1 .
also one thing I realize MOS kind of seems new each time when re-watching scenes, like you can't predict what scenes comes next cause of flashbacks maybe .

Brighter costumes
Some actually good humor (perish forbid)
Jimmy Olson
New wardrobe for Lois

I hope they change almost nothing - MOS is one of my most favorite movies.

Goyer's gone so that was a good start. Lighter tone, no more shaky cam that was used in MOS, better dialogue, better editing, no over long and unnecessary action sequences, no washed out colour pallete, a better and cohesive narrative. That's all I can think about.

Man Of Steel was great to me, so I wouldn't change too much. Better dialogue overall, particularly for Lois who was basically a regurgitated cliche machine in Man Of Steel. Don't force Lois into situations she has no reason to be in like they did in MOS. More dialogue for Cavill. I didn't have any problem with the color in MOS but alittle more color wouldn't hurt.

I don't want to see more Daily Planet scenes, I don't want to see more Lois and I don't want to see a lighter tone or more comedy. Just better comedy, the jokes in MOS were poorly written but there was plenty of attempts at humor, they just missed the mark completely.

Otherwise I wouldn't change much, only add certain elements due to the additional characters being added.

More Daily Planet scenes is a must and I'm sure well be getting them. frikin hell who doesn't want to see more Clark and (Lois) in reporter mode?

No offense DOBSON10, that sounds terrible. And no, they need more humor.

More Daily Planet scenes is a must and I'm sure well be getting them. frikin hell who doesn't want to see more Clark and (Lois) in reporter mode?

I know there will be more, but I couldn't care less about the Daily Planet or Lois & Clark's relationship. I understand why some people do but I just don't care about that stuff. I mostly watch for the superhero's, villains and action, I don't care about the interpersonal, emotional, melodramatic stuff as much.

I know there will be more, but I couldn't care less about the Daily Planet or Lois & Clark's relationship. I understand why some people do but I just don't care about that stuff. I mostly watch for the superhero's, villains and action, I don't care about the interpersonal, emotional, melodramatic stuff as much.

Err Lois and Clark could be you know I don't investigating Lex like they've done throughout their history. Which would add to the story.

No offense DOBSON10, that sounds terrible. And no, they need more humor.

To each their own. More humor, more Daily Planet, more emotional melodrama, more romance and less action sounds terrible to me.

To each their own. More humor, more Daily Planet, more emotional melodrama, more romance and less action sounds terrible to me.

Who says you can't have that and action? A good Superman and Batman story can have all those things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"