Things you noticed on multiple viewings (spoilers)

hurley711

Civilian
Reaction score
Sorry if anyone has made this thread if so please delete this but maybe we can post spoilers here for those who have seen the film multiple times and noticed new things or some hidden Easter eggs? Someone said at some point early in the movie when there's a scene outside of the lounge that The Riddler is visible in his loft window which we don't know is his place until much later in the film. Looking for small details like that for.those of us who are going for a second viewing soon.

• good times convenience store and the drophead robber with rob's good time fit
  • Falcone recognizing Bruce in Batman's eyes when he dies (not sure)
  • Batman walks and does stuff so slow not only to make himself look like a creature, but also to record everything clearly with his lenses

I think the biggest one for me was the Mayor's son being the first to reach out to Batman in the flare scene

I know that's kinda obvious but I was also crying enough to flood Hoover Dam the first time I watched that scene

Realizing that detail made me cry enough to flood it twice lmao

• In the end, Bella Real says something like "We have to believe in Gotham again". What if that's a reference to the slogan "I believe in Harvey Dent"?
  • "Things gonna go worse before they go better" in the ending voiceover, which is what Alfred says in TDK after Rachel's death.
  • We don't see any doctor or guard in Arkham scenes. Plus, shots of the camera recording during the interrogatory I think could become important in a sequel, with Hugo Strange watching the video many times and understand that Batman could be Bruce.
  • If I'm not wrong, Selina never gave the eye lenses back to Batman... What if someone could decript the recording and have a proof that Batman is Bruce? At the same time, I think the "Gotham's Project" notebook could be something similar in the wrong hands.
  • Is amazing how, in many and - often - subtle ways, Batman's arc is helped by the mirroring - bad or good - with a lot of character. From Batman and Riddler having notebook, being voyeurists etc. to the fact that Gotham itself, at the end, is very linked with Batman soul. Now he can be a symbol of hope not just because he knows pain and he can use his scars to have the power to help others, but mostly because Gotham is broken, wounded and with a lot of traumas from the past, but it's trying to find some hope in people... And that's the exact description of how Batman's arc ends.

Notice The line “I’m Thomas Wayne and I approve this message” exactly after Bruce and Selina kissed... it was so funny.

• In the end, Bella Real says something like "We have to believe in Gotham again". What if that's a reference to the slogan "I believe in Harvey Dent"?

It's a reference to "I believe in Gotham" from Thomas Wayne's speech earlier in the film, which is taken from The Long Halloween (which is a reference to The Godfather's "I believe in America.")

When Carmine dismisses his cronies so that he and Bruce can have a tête-à-tête in the Lounge, a young woman remains seated until Oz nudges her to get up. I found that slightly amusing even though it wasn't meant to be.

Yeah I know, like who eats ice cream at night other than depressed girls haha, just our boy Ozzie
Overworked young single lawyers who missed dinner and hate their lives... At least that is what my boss says about his days as a junior associate back in the 90s. :funny:

b2de176a28768582a68ef6ab9cbb70ac149551ee.gifv
c77f974da04fdfdd7c996d744c43a18a1f3357a1.gifv

Found this online, so I can't speak to its accuracy. But it seems about right.

What really stuck out to me in my second viewing was just how similar Batman's opening voiceover/journal entry sounds like the writings he finds later in Edward's apartment, in regards to his mission in Gotham. Easy to see why Eddie thought they were working towards the same goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"