Bruce and Lex rebuilding Metropolis

This scene. If it's not in, I'm gonna boycott this movie. :cmad:

I'll start.

Batman the detective.
Batman the genius.
Bruce and Lex conversing as equals.
The Batcave.

And.... maybe... in an after-credit scene we get to spot a glimpse of the Man of Steel right? :whatever:

:cwink:

Firstly, A Superman focused movie.
Consequences of Metropolis Mayhem in MoS.
Bruce as being good side of humanity while Lex as being bad side of humanity.
Daily Planet stuff; Clark-Lois relationship, Jimmy Olsen.
Kal-El as Superman now intervenes global problems.
Main villain as Lex Luthor (scientist, investor, businessman, CEO of LexCorp), trying to rebuild Metropolis while turning people against this "alien".
Side villains such as Metallo, Bizarro or Parasite.
Some sort of Kryptonite (not necessary in a chunk form).
Kara Zor-El (especially I want her in this sequel, we didn't forget prequel comic!!)
Bruce as Batman in ending.

I'm not sure about this but maybe a glimpse for Kon-El for a possible threequel...

Last edited:
I'll start.

Batman the detective.
Batman the genius.
Bruce and Lex conversing as equals.
The Batcave.

Ya see. Not one mention of Superman.

Teasing you spider-neil, but this is the effect Batman has.

Lois being a confidant to Clark.
Clark and Lois investigative skills to see what Lex has planned.
A Superman film.
Batman in Catwoman role.

I am a sad pathetic human who allows other humans to affect him.

Fangirls made me hate Loki.
Fanbats will make me hate Batman.

*disclaimer - the above only applies to the character 'Bren' when posting on SHH. 'Bren' does have a life outside of SHH, where he is a more balanced self-determining character*

Things I Do Not Want to See

-The Joker (and Harley Quinn)
-Lex Luthor
-A fight between Batman and Superman. Objectively speaking, Batman would lose in a fight with Superman; however, Superman represents the highest, purest form of humanity, and would not descend down to moronic violence. This is not the Avengers; we do not need to have our heroes beating the snot of each other in every other scene. Inevitably, there will be disagreements between the two; as Grant Morrison said in Talking with Gods, the Superman impersonator he met at Comic-Con said it best: Batman does not see the light in people." Hence, I want that characterization to influence the interactions between the two, instead of falling into the rut made by the Dark Knight Returns.
-A love triangle between Lois, Clark, and Bruce. They already did in the three part episode from Superman TAS, and there is no need to rehash it.
-No cheesy dialogue or wisecracks (I will be super pissed if there is another scene as bad as the "he's hot" one from MOS.)
-No "fake death" scenes, like Iron Man's in Avengers.

Now...what I do want to see

-The duo using their powers in conjunction: Batman with his tech, stealth, military and detective training, and Superman, with his disciplined application of power, perspective of the common man, and post-human powers (ice breath, laser beams, flight, and so on.)
-A shot of the Batwing and Superman flying side by side
-A scene building up the friendship of the two due to their understanding of each other's losses (Clark, with his father, Bruce, with his parents.)
-A scene showing Wayne Enterprises contributing to the rebuilding of Metropolis and Smallville.

The world's reaction to Superman in the aftermath of the invasion, even if only in montage.

Consequences for Killing someone.

Metropolis react to the destruction of their city.

Jimmy Olsen.

Superman inspiring people.

Want to see Superman kill Batman in the opening scene leaving the rest of the movie to himself.

Clark Kent/Lois Lane/Daily Planet relationships
Fallout from killing Zod
Jimmy Olsen snapping a picture of the Bat in the shadows
Secret Identity issues for both Supes and Bats in polar opposite ways
Heated interviews with the Daily Planet and Wayne Enterprises
Luthor/Wayne working together
Batman's detective skills the sole purpose in the findings of Kryptonite
Superman in Gotham City
Batman breaking his bare hands in combat with Superman
Luthor channeling Brainiac
Superman/Batman posing/standing together as one hero ontop of building ledge

I just want to see the movie succeed so we can get MOS2.

I have no idea why I want to see Jimmy Olsen so bad, I've never even really liked the character. I wonder if Jimmy shows up if Jenny can stay, ones an intern the other a photographer.

Definitely want a scene where Superman uses X-Ray vision to see that it is Bruce Wayne beneath the cowl. In this universe Batman has no idea Superman has X-Ray vision there has been no Planet exclusive revealing all of Superman's powers.

In regards to the identity reveal, I would prefer Bruce reveal it, as an attestation to their friendship, rather than carbon copying the scene from World's Finest.

In regards to the identity reveal, I would prefer Bruce reveal it, as an attestation to their friendship, rather than carbon copying the scene from World's Finest.

If Batman is an antagonist in this movie then Superman would want to know who is beneath the mask, that makes sense.

Why have him the antagonist?

I think if you have, Superman, Lois, Planet employees, Bruce, Batman and Lex that leaves little to no time for 'villain' in the conventional sense, not if you want to explore the themes established in the opening movie.

Clark Kent/Lois Lane/Daily Planet relationships
Fallout from killing Zod
Jimmy Olsen snapping a picture of the Bat in the shadows
Secret Identity issues for both Supes and Bats in polar opposite ways
Heated interviews with the Daily Planet and Wayne Enterprises
Luthor/Wayne working together
Batman's detective skills the sole purpose in the findings of Kryptonite
Superman in Gotham City
Batman breaking his bare hands in combat with Superman
Luthor channeling Brainiac
Superman/Batman posing/standing together as one hero ontop of building ledge

pretty much nailed it - bruce and lex work together to rebuild the city, to also use the alien tech to reverse engineer - bruce for good, lex for bad.

Kryptonite - the fuel source to world engine decomposing, can be used to power up new tech, it also reacts to kryptonian DNA.

Lex fashions a ring, bruce takes a piece to analyse.

Daily planet are pro superman, lexcorp is anti - both highlighting each side of the argument.

Lexcorp produce an NSA style army armed with kryptonite - john corben goes rogue, superman takes him down with the assistance of batman

A lot of Daily Planet stuff with Lois and Clark, Clark Kent being a good reporter and showing love and passion for his job, we never get to see that, please we need it!
As happy as I am to see Batman in this, I'm starting to think that part of Clark's life at the Daily Planet is gonna get reduced. I really hope this isn't the case.

Superman related:
- Clark the disguise
- Clark & Lous relationship developing
- More DP/Perry White stuff
- Superman saving a train, plane or something of that magnitude
- Lex Luthor
- Kryptonite
- Super-villain(s) i.e. Mettallo, Parasite etc or even Brainiac if they could make it work
- dealing with what happened in MOS i.e. the Zod death, but Goyes said ths will be covered so I can check this one off

Batman related:
- High-tech gadgets
- new Batmobile
- Alfred
- Jim Gordon
- A lesser villain or two from Batman's rogues gallery

Related to both:
- Superman vs Batman: it's gonna happen anyway, but if it does I hope they don't make Superman look a chump. Best way to o t our be silimar to Brave & the Bold or the Smallville comic.
- Supeman and Batman trusting one anothe, becoming friends

Other things I'm not bothered either way on:
- Jimmy Olsen: I'd like to see Jimmy but I'd someone has to be cut to stop an overflow if characters then it should be him
- Robin: probably won't happen anyway but I'm not too fussed if he ended up in it or not
- the Joker or another major villain from Batman's rogues gallery

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"