Think we will finally see Wasp I in this sequel?

Tymminator

The Main Man in Minnesota
Reaction score
I know there has been talk of it, but I think/hope we will.

They heavily implied that she's still out there so i think it's more than possible.

Yeah, all signs point to"rescue Janet" being a big part of the movie.

Her name is in the title. But if you mean the original, then I'd say yes. It seems she'll be found. I wonder if she'll be preserved at her original age.

Yes, at least in flashbacks, but it is also a fair bet that the point of the movie will be to go save her in the Quantum Realm

Hopefully they will show us some more Janet and Hank missions at least.

I mean, I hope so. With stories like Ragnarock and Infinity Wars headed are way, we're about to get into a lot of world/galactic/universe saving story lines and while those big moments can certainly be exciting and awesome in their "bigness", I like it when the movies have a good mix. The first phase did a nice job, in my opinion, although I feel like their actual intent was to keep all the individual movies as very personal origins and any sense of balance is completely accidental. Because Incredible Hulk and both Iron Man movies are obviously very much stories where the focus is on the hero and even the bad guy is less about blowing up the city for ransom money and more about personal vendettas against smart dudes. Then you have CA:TFA where the threat level felt very much like your typical war movie even though the movie itself didn't nessisarily, and even though Red Skulls target was a very typical super villain "world ending" scenario (a with Cap and Red Skull pretty much being the archetypes for Superheroes/villains in this universe that is sort of the point) so it's in a kind of awkward space. Similarly, Thor is a personal story but since it involves the fight over a crown, there is that whole political level that makes it feel different than other personal threats. Sure, Loki is in some ways just after Thor, but he also commits genocide and the motivation is Thor related but he's got politically related reasoning (and lots of daddy issues) backing him up as well. Though the scenes with Thor on Earth definitely make it lean more heavily towards the personal.

Then you have Avengers and, of course, the big world level threat all the other movies likely wanted to avoid just so that this film could hold that honor.

But since the Avengers they've been willing to raise the stakes of individual films. Which is good because it means we can have more diversity than the first phase. Phase II had personal (IM3, Ant-Man), Political (CA), World Wise (AoU) and Galaxy-Saving (T:TDW, GotG). A lot of this phase is considered controversial/mixed/poor by certain fans but at least they did a good job at bringing us different threat levels fitting for the characters even if people didn't feel a specific bad guys came off as threatening as their aims.

But when I look at the next batch? Well, Civil War looks like it wants to hit that precise spot between the personal and the political so that should be interesting, and I have a feeling Black Panther will, like Thor, be a political threat that's focus is largely personal. However, the other properties in this phase seem to be or could easily lean towards city/world/galaxy/universe/dimension-wide destruction and it honestly seems like after a certain point you just won't care about people saving the Earth.

So I would really like for AM&tW to be something... well, frankly, something smaller. Maybe Ant-Man and Wasp don't have to be the heroes who save the world once a week and twice on Fridays. I would personally consider it a worthy goal to be the first explorers in the quantum realm and to rescue Janet from her fate (and likely they'll stop some bad guy on the side while there at it).

And with the recent reports of Sharon Stone confirming that she's appearing in a Marvel film soon, goes the speculation that she could possibly be playing Janet?! That would be awesome if true.

And with the recent reports of Sharon Stone confirming that she's appearing in a Marvel film soon, goes the speculation that she could possibly be playing Janet?! That would be awesome if true.

Well, if this results in a lot of young kids accidentally watching Basic Instinct because it looks like an Ant-Man/Wasp I movie, then ... mission accomplished!

I doubt Sharon stone is playing the wasp. Janet's fate was a big subplot in the first film so it would be odd if they never addressed it again.

I'm kind of desperate for any new casting news for the sequel. yes, I know that it is too early for it. doesn't change my desperation.

Was there some kind of confirmation that Stone is NOT playing Janet? Any source?

Stone hasn't and most likely can't say who she is playing. No one had any legit info on who she is. It seems a bit early to cast Janet unless they plan on filming a post-credit or flashback scene with the character for another marvel movie like they did with thanos.

Reed, Rudd and co are still working on the script for the next film.

I kind of think that Stone is attached to Guardians of the Galaxy.

I kind of think that Stone is attached to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Agreed. I think Stone said she was filming soon so that means one of the Marvel movies even currently in production or about to being production. I think she either filmed something for Guardians of the Galaxy or Spider-Man.

I think Stone would make a great older Janet. Plus I truly feel like the way it was setup in Ant-Man, the goal is to find Jan in one of the sequels. Both Hope/Hank have a personal reason for making this their over-arching goal and Scott too now that he's involved with Hope.

I think that should be where they take the series. That would be the most interesting.

For me, Janet is deal-maker/-breaker: if she's in, I'm in, and conversely if no Janet then no visit to the cinemas from me.

I think there's a strong possibility, but I think it might be brief in the scheme of things.

Post credit sequence would be cool, like whatever sciencey thing they set up during the climax and conflict resolution in the main movie causes Wasp I to reappear on Earth again. She removes her helmet and we see a very well known actress (Catherine Zeta Jones maybe, or Kate Beckinsdale) and she says something cool, and we cut to black.

I think Stone would make a great older Janet. Plus I truly feel like the way it was setup in Ant-Man, the goal is to find Jan in one of the sequels. Both Hope/Hank have a personal reason for making this their over-arching goal and Scott too now that he's involved with Hope.

I think that should be where they take the series. That would be the most interesting.

One important thing to take into consideration though is that Janet wouldn't be old so you'd have to cast accordingly.

I don't think I'd be ok with the idea of the two Wasps being played by actresses of similar age. And I sure wouldn't be ok with Douglas' love interest being played by an actress who's as old as the one playing his daughter.

But sign me the heck up for a badass, older Janet who's lived through some **** and is now back to kick butts and to teach her daughter how to not be lame.

I don't think I'd be ok with the idea of the two Wasps being played by actresses of similar age. And I sure wouldn't be ok with Douglas' love interest being played by an actress who's as old as the one playing his daughter.

But sign me the heck up for a badass, older Janet who's lived through some **** and is now back to kick butts and to teach her daughter how to not be lame.

She'd probably be around her 40's but because Time doesn't pass in there she wouldn't have aged in all of he years trapped there leaving her the same age exiting at the same age she was at going in.

Well, I'm not the screenwriter. The film-makers wrote themselves into this corner and now it's up to them to find a way out of it. I'm sorry but the idea of mama Wasp being of the same age of her daughter is ridiculous.

One important thing to take into consideration though is that Janet wouldn't be old so you'd have to cast accordingly.

we don't know this for certain. Pym wasn't as knowledgeable about the Quantum Realm as advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"