Third Best Comic Book Movie Trilogy

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
A sort of rehash of a former thread.

Taking out the Dark Knight and the Captain America Trilogies what is the best trilogy after that?

Blade, Blade 2 & Blade Trinity (1998-2004)
X-Men, X-2, X-Men: The Last Stand (2000-2006)
Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3 (2002-2007)
Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 (2008-2013)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine, Logan (2009-2017)
X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse (2011-2016)
Thor, Thor: Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok (2011-2017)
Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League (2013-2017)

Snyder's DC trilogy, it's not even close, for me, followed by Raimi Spiderman films.

Last edited:
Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. The first is one of the classic superhero origin stories. The second is one of the best CBMs ever. The third was a letdown, but I still thought it was okay. All of the others listed have a weaker installment too.

Tough call between Raimi's Spider-Man and the X-Men First Class Trilogy. (Both of which I prefer over the Cap trilogy honestly, if only because I strongly dislike The First Avenger just as much as XMA).

I would probably give the edge to the Spider-Man movies though because they felt complete, even as dopey as SM3 is, it is more complete than XMA, which can at time be hollow. Also while I really like XFC and DOFP, Spider-Man (2002) is a classic of the genre. And Spider-Man 2 remains among my top 3 superhero movies ever made. A real magnificent achievement.

Raimi's Spiderman, even if the third one does a lot to ruin the whole trilogy.

It’s funny how most of the choices seem to have 2 good-great movies and 1 bad one.

Will vote once I have seen JL.

Spider-Man
Thor
Iron Man
X-Men FC
X-Men OT
Blade
Superman-JL

The Dark World and IM3 imo are better than SM3 but the first too are absolute classics.

I like the original X-Men trilogy more than TDKT or Captain America, so yeah.

My top two are probably Cap and Spider-Man, so I guess I'll vote for Raimi's Spider-Man

I'd go with Raimi's Spider-Man but first X-Men trilogy, Iron Man, and Thor are close behind.

Last edited:
Not seen Justice League yet so it'll have to be X-Men, X2, TLS.

Tie between Iron Man and Thor. IM2 and Thor 2 were serviceable disappointments; not bad films like SM3, X3, or the entire Snyder trilogy. Not a big fan of SM2 at all although the first is great. Love IM1 and Thor 1 and the third installments of both franchises are better than “middle quality” films of the other options.

A sort of rehash of a former thread.

Taking out the Dark Knight and the Captain America Trilogies what is the best trilogy after that?

Blade, Blade 2 & Blade Trinity (1998-2004)
X-Men, X-2, X-Men: The Last Stand (2000-2006)
Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3 (2002-2007)
Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 (2008-2013)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine, Logan (2009-2017)
X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse (2011-2016)
Thor, Thor: Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok (2011-2017)
Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League (2013-2017)

Can I ask, why are these two 'taken out' ?

Can I ask, why are these two 'taken out' ?

If TDKT was kept in, it would pretty much win this.

If I just removed TDKT, it might be a little more spread out but Captain America would probably win this.

This is all just based on previous polls.

If TDKT was kept in, it would pretty much win this.

If I just removed TDKT, it might be a little more spread out but Captain America would probably win this.

This is all just based on previous polls.

Oh okay, I thought it might be that, wouldn't change my choice though if they had been included. :up:

To me Thor takes this handily.

A good first chapter ( and I liked TDW) followed up with a very strong 3rd Act.

Spider-Man is a close second, with a strong start, an excellent follow up, but a disappointing final chapter.

Sadly, many of the selections have one very strong entry, but the other films are let downs.

Raimi's Spider-Man and the First Class trilogy are far ahead of all the others.

Do First Class X-Men even count as a trilogy because of Dark Phoenix?

To me Thor takes this handily.

A good first chapter ( and I liked TDW) followed up with a very strong 3rd Act.

Spider-Man is a close second, with a strong start, an excellent follow up, but a disappointing final chapter.

Sadly, many of the selections have one very strong entry, but the other films are let downs.

I would go with Raimi's Spider-Man (the first two will always be precious to me), but the Thor trilogy needs to be given respect.

Thor 1 is one of the most underrated movies of the MCU, and second only to Iron Man as an MCU origin movie. The Dark World is mediocre, but the hate is far overblown because it's the weak link of the MCU. At worst, it was still enjoyable to watch for the Thor/Loki relationship, the great costume and world design, and underrated score.

Then Ragnarok happened. What a thrill. Easily a top tier superhero movie (not just MCU), and endlessly rewatchable. It's kind of perfect, really.

The Thor trilogy isn't the best on this list. But with a strong start and an absolutely fantastic threequel (hopefully not the end), it is definitely the best comeback a trilogy has made.

#3, I'd go with Thor's trilogy. Of course my #1 is Cap's trilogy and #2 is Iron Man's.

It's a split between Iron Man, X-Men OT, and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man.

I can't vote for First Class trilogy cause they are in the same canon as the original trilogy, and both butcher continuity so badly. First Class can be viewed as its own thing and not hinder the canon if you choose to do so, but not so well if you do a movie marathon.

As for Wolverine trilogy; the Origins movie is discarded from continuity altogether, no follow up movie acknowledges it, so you won't be wrong if you consider Wolverine movies a duology. If you look at Deadpool's reference to their take of his character for that film then you might as well look at Green Lantern as part of the canon, cause they reference that too.

Come back from JL screening and as I posted earlier in thread, my vote is backed up, loved JL and thought it brought a great end to Snyder's trilogy. For me, wins this vote by a country mile and would put it, in terms of CBM trilogies, amongst the best.

Either X-Men trilogy.

Can I have Superman if we forget Quest For Peace exists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"