This is the worst console gen of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario/Zelda/Star Fox/Metroid/Resident Evil >>> Everything Else (except Metal Gear)

That's blatantly obvious :o

Resident Evil/Mass Effect/Bioshock/Fable/etc >>> Mario/Zelda/Metroid

Though, I love Zelda games.

Resident Evil/Mass Effect/Bioshock/Fable/etc >>> Mario/Zelda/Metroid

Though, I love Zelda games.

Resident Evil Wii >>> Regular Resident Evil

Zelda >>> Fable

Metroid >>> Bioshock

Mario >>> Mass Effect

Nintendo >>> Everything Else

Resident Evil Wii >>> Regular Resident Evil

Zelda >>> Fable

Metroid >>> Bioshock

Mario >>> Mass Effect

Nintendo >>> Everything Else

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I agree with the Zelda thing, to an extent... Though, I'd rather have Fable 2 than the new Zelda at this point.

ME crushes Mario in story, atmosphere, etc... SMG is fun, but ME is just better on a quality level. Bioshock destroys Metroid in every way possible. Controls, fun factor, story, atmosphere, protagonist, you name it. And I read the GI review of RE 4 for the Wii, and they said the controls were wonky. They said it was better than the tank-like controls of the predecessors, but they had plenty of room to get better. Take that as you will.

A million Mario/Zelda games can't compare to IPs like ME, Bioshock, Fallout, Deus Ex, etc.

Actually, I'd say the 360 would be a priority. It has better, and more, third party games/support. The Wii might be cheaper/have an interesting control scheme, but it's mainly just Mario/Zelda games. Which might be nice for the average Nintendo fan, but the library just isn't expansive enough if you've got the money to throw around.
IA, for me, I dont really find anything all that appealing for teh Wii. I think Super Mario Galaxy is the only game Id consider getting if I had one and teh future lineup doesnt look all that promising for me. The Wii caters to a different gamer than the 360/PS3 and that gamer isnt me

Well, you guys lost the privledge of having a lounge thread for awhile because of your behavior in the last one. Thank Freeman for that. As for the rest, they just aren't needed. They are spam.
What behavior was that exactly? Saying that Morg hates vaginas? Did it bother him that much? Jesus. You guys are a trip.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I agree with the Zelda thing, to an extent... Though, I'd rather have Fable 2 than the new Zelda at this point.
Dude...Zelda has always been and always be superior to Fable. How the hell can you look more forward to Fable 2, to the next entry in the Legend of Zelda franchise.

ME crushes Mario in story, atmosphere, etc... SMG is fun, but ME is just better on a quality level.
Mario is not meant to be about story, it's supposed to be simple. A plumber in the Mushroom Kingdom goes off to save the princess for the millionth time to get some poon. The end. The only reason why I put those two together is because they were the only games left :csad:.

But the Mario franchise with games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Paper Mario, it just pwns Mass Effect.

Bioshock destroys Metroid in every way possible. Controls, fun factor, story, atmosphere, protagonist, you name it.
Bioshock may be the superior FP game to Metroid, but Metroid is so much more than just an FP game. It can be a platformer too, and who else knows what else you can do with it. Do you really think they'll take Bioshock into other genres like they did with Metroid? I think not.

Also Samus is just plain kick ash.

And I read the GI review of RE 4 for the Wii, and they said the controls were wonky. They said it was better than the tank-like controls of the predecessors, but they had plenty of room to get better. Take that as you will.
Funny, I found the controls to be very smooth and far superior to the Gamecube and Playstation 2 controls. And pretty much every other reviewer (Famitsu, IGN, Gamespot, NGamer) stated that the controls were great. They all pretty much agree that the Wii version of Resident Evil 4.

A million Mario/Zelda games can't compare to IPs like ME, Bioshock, Fallout, Deus Ex, etc.
Hellz no :cmad:

Dude...Zelda has always been and always be superior to Fable. How the hell can you look more forward to Fable 2, to the next entry in the Legend of Zelda franchise.

Fable is the less linear of the two. More customization, etc. I realize that customization in Zelda would be ridiculous, but I just love Fable's light-hearted and vibrant atmosphere.

Mario is not meant to be about story, it's supposed to be simple. A plumber in the Mushroom Kingdom goes off to save the princess for the millionth time to get some poon. The end. The only reason why I put those two together is because they were the only games left :csad:.

That was your first mistake. Or possibly your second. Who's counting?

But the Mario franchise with games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Paper Mario, it just pwns Mass Effect.

Mass Effect > any single Mario game. Probably even two of them. On a game-to-game basis, ME "pwns" Mario in the quality of the singular games. With that said, I'll probably find myself getting much more value out of the ME franchise than the Mario franchise. An epic storyline takes a front seat to mindless entertainment.

Bioshock may be the superior FP game to Metroid, but Metroid is so much more than just an FP game. It can be a platformer too, and who else knows what else you can do with it. Do you really think they'll take Bioshock into other genres like they did with Metroid? I think not.

Well, Bioshock itself was a FPS mixed with elements of a RPG. So, yes, it did mix it into other genres besides just the FPS side of the spectrum. Regardless, I'd always put games like Bioshock ahead of sequels.

Also Samus is just plain kick ash.

Until she gets a wrench to the face.

Funny, I found the controls to be very smooth and far superior to the Gamecube and Playstation 2 controls. And pretty much every other reviewer (Famitsu, IGN, Gamespot, NGamer) stated that the controls were great. They all pretty much agree that the Wii version of Resident Evil 4.

GI's opinion tends to reflect my own, that's why I go with their reviews. They said the controls were better, as aforementioned, but having to using the nunchuck to look could become unwieldy in intense firefights. They also said that the difficulty seemed slightly lessened because of this drawback.

Hellz yeah. :o

What behavior was that exactly? Saying that Morg hates vaginas? Did it bother him that much? Jesus. You guys are a trip.

i don't know what the d3eal is with mods. t's like when they are made into a mod somethoine is like "I proimise you will neber have your eeelings huirt and if they are uou have right to act like a baby. god waht a bunch of sensitive people overly. they get modship for sucking up not for being socially brilliant

Worst console gen of all time? Eh, not in my opinion. I'm playing more games than I ever did nowadays. One day, I just might run off into the sunset with my 360 and Wii.
...but Nintendo aren't doing themselves any favours. I'm getting tired and impatient, Ninty. Give me Brawl and Kart now :cmad:

i don't know what the d3eal is with mods. t's like when they are made into a mod somethoine is like "I proimise you will neber have your eeelings huirt and if they are uou have right to act like a baby. god waht a bunch of sensitive people overly. they get modship for sucking up not for being socially brilliant

You'd be disciplined if you said that about any poster. Watch it WHF, or the games forum will go bye bye.

You'd be disciplined if you said that about any poster. Watch it WHF, or the games forum will go bye bye.

Spideylol.gif

You think its a bluff?

That's a wee bit extreme, right?

THats sort of the point. Our staff is not going to be threatened about how we don't want to "Start things" with the game forum or how banned members will come back in 15 seconds. We've reached breaking point. One more person out of line and this entire forum goes bye bye. It sucks that one person will ruin it for everyone, but...thats the way it goes.

Wow, that sounds really extreme.

Oh well, if the game forum does go away, does that mean we can finally get a Thor forum? I mean, the guy's movie's been in production for months now...

THats sort of the point. Our staff is not going to be threatened about how we don't want to "Start things" with the game forum or how banned members will come back in 15 seconds. We've reached breaking point. One more person out of line and this entire forum goes bye bye. It sucks that one person will ruin it for everyone, but...thats the way it goes.

Eh. But due to whatever one person, a lot of other members who enjoy posting there, will lose it due to just one person? Just ban the ones considered annoying, and leave the games forums alone. Getting rid of the games forum will see a big lack of posting from usual Hypers, and I for one would pretty much stop posting here if it's decided that some primary school technique is used to sort out a problem which could be easily rectified differently.

Yeah, whatever happened to IP bans? That keeps individuals from coming back but good instead of taking away a forum used by far more than just a few bad apples.

I gave you advice. I made no threat.

Eh. But due to whatever one person, a lot of other members who enjoy posting there, will lose it due to just one person? Just ban the ones considered annoying, and leave the games forums alone. Getting rid of the games forum will see a big lack of posting from usual Hypers, and I for one would pretty much stop posting here if it's decided that some primary school technique is used to sort out a problem which could be easily rectified differently.

Yeah, whatever happened to IP bans? That keeps individuals from coming back but good instead of taking away a forum used by far more than just a few bad apples.

We can't ban certain problem members such as Freeman due to his IP cloak. We can ban the user name but not the IP address and that allows them to just keep coming back. That is why we have been forced into this situation.

I gave you advice. I made no threat.

Perhaps, but thats how it was seen. Freeman's comments as well. We've let you guys regulate yourselves...however apparently hoisting problem users like Freeman onto your shoulders is higher up on your self regulation agenda than maintaining order...and that is why we have been forced to this solution.

Huh. Freeman's never seemed like such a huge problem poster to me, although I haven't been frequenting the games forum long. A bit obnoxious, but who on any of the Hype's forums isn't? It's the nature of message board posting to be a little more obnoxious than you normally would be.

Huh. Freeman's never seemed like such a huge problem poster to me, although I haven't been frequenting the games forum long. A bit obnoxious, but who on any of the Hype's forums isn't? It's the nature of message board posting to be a little more obnoxious than you normally would be.

Freeman has been banned under other user names on several occassions for trolling and attempts to invoke flame wars. He recently did. When threatened with discipline he comments about how he would be gone for "15 seconds." That is what led to this "Nuclear option" being developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"