Days of Future Past This movie is gonna have tough competition.

i like them both brian so far is the better director

No idea who Brian is..

But, as for Matthew Vaughn and Bryan Singer, I think they're both terrific. I just prefer Vaughn's visual style more. He's also better at casting his films.

In terms of action, X2 is one of the best choreographed super-hero films ever. Sure, X1 was quite flat, but he definitely learned from that experience.

I would have preferred Singer to direct but only because he conceived this project and I would have liked to have seen him follow it through, but since the studio fasttracked it and Singer was contractually obligated to another film, I'm really glad they were able to get Vaughn to helm it, with Singer still intimately involved with the production.

This would have been the ideal situation on X-Men 3. Another director would have taken the helm but we still would have gotten Singer's story and conclusion. Oh well...

I would have preferred Singer to direct but only because he conceived this project and I would have liked to have seen him follow it through, but since the studio fasttracked it and Singer was contractually obligated to another film, I'm really glad they were able to get Vaughn to helm it, with Singer still intimately involved with the production.

This would have been the ideal situation on X-Men 3. Another director would have taken the helm but we still would have gotten Singer's story and conclusion. Oh well...
Seriously. No idea why they didn't ask Singer for his treatment. He could have easily still produced X3.

:(

Seriously. No idea why they didn't ask Singer for his treatment. He could have easily still produced X3.

I think it's clear that Fox was bitter at Singer for ditching them for WB. The way they handled FC shows that Singer could have had prior entanglements with another studio yet still be able to play a significant role in helping Fox make a new X-Men film.

Fox won't want a First Class sequel in 2012. That'll be Wolverine's year.

They'll wait for a 2013 or 2014 release most likely. Both Vaughn and Singer should be free after Kick-Ass 2 and Jack the Giant Killer, so it'll be interesting to see who goes for it.

Agreed. I think Wolverine will be out late 2011 or early 2012 with FF June 2012. But I don't see Singer directing if Vaughn is still in good terms with Fox and the movie is a hit. You can't ditch Vaughn should that happen, and should he want more creative control, I can see Singer stepping aside.

Well, there was considerable (and well-publicised) bad feeling between Singer and Rothman/Fox at the time.

In addition, Singer flung himself into directing Superman Returns on the other side of the world so he wasn't available for producing/overseeing in any hands-on capacity.

No one's doubting it would have been better if he were involved, but I'm not sure he'd see eye-to-eye with Ratner anyway.

No one's doubting it would have been better if he were involved, but I'm not sure he'd see eye-to-eye with Ratner anyway.

Aren't he and Ratner friends? Besides, I don't see Ratner as a director that has any particular vision in his film so I don't see many creative differences going on there.

no xavier/jean/cyclops/ how would these do it unless singer tries to go fix stuff like showing scott never died jean is'nt dead for good and xavier is in another body and will eventually come back

seems too convoluted to work

Those characters were never really a main focus in Singer's X-Men movies anyhow, so Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Beast, Shadowcat, and whoever else Singer wants to add to the group would be able to hold their own. Body-swapped Xavier would be good one way or another, especially if Stewart declined to reprise the role.

Good news for X-Men: First Class. Fast Five has been moved forward to April 29th.

This means only Super 8 will be released the following weekend now (unless another studio moves a movie there).

reading this thread ive been wondering what the heck fast five was.

After some imdb'ing...ooohhh boy...Really? Bwahahaha

with regards to who people prefer, Bryan or Vaughn, I'd go with Bryan since he directed the best movie of the franchise and one of my top five fave flicks: X2. I haven't really seen any of Vaughn's movies, not Stardust and Kick-Ass hasn't really made me wanna go out (or go out and rent it) and see it.

That said, I'm looking forward to First Class.

I am definately looking forward to First Class and am glad they have decided to move the date forward.

As they get further along with the Xmen characters in the movies its always interesting to see how far they stray from the comics or the previous movies. It will be interesting to see which path they take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"