Transformers This movie was beautiful & I loved the **** out of it!!!!!

4NutzinYoface

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just whaT the title says--it was epic beyond words-the cinematography, editing, PERFECT ACTION SEQUENCES, the sound effects (I think I've never shouted COOL so many times whenever I heard the Transformers transform! Or when they were in battle..heck, even when they MOVED!!!) the pacing everything about thus movie..EXCEPT one gripe-the fantastic battle between Megatron and Optimus Prime ended with quite the lackluster death for Megatron ..it would have been cool if say Sam jammed the Allspark into Megatrons chest and he plummeted to his death off of a building then exploded as he hit the ground!

Other than that? This movie..? A solid 10!!!!!!!!!!!

: )

i also loved it...and registered here the same night it came out

The only good thing was Frank Welker as Optimus Prime's voice. The rest of it was vomit.

I feel bad for doing this in a thread made by someone expressing their love for it, but...

No. This is a truly, god-awful movie.

I don't mean to retrobump this thread but in my opinion, this movie was good back in its time(circa 2007-2008), but now there are better movies out there these days like Avengers. It was nice having Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime again though.

But if I had to rank this movie in this day and age, I'd give it 7.5/10.

I will forever defend this movie. Whats funny is that it was mostly liked upon release but now all of sudden since the sequels everybody hates on it.

It does have the typical Bayisms like the off color and OTT humor, but it is mostly kept to a minimum during the first act of the film. Even Shia LaBeef is likable in the film. He carries most of the first act himself. Stuff that Bay went overboard with in the sequels are actually likable in the first film like Sams parents and John Tutorro's character. The action is amazingly well realized and not the jumble of parts and noises the second film gave us most of the time. On a purely visual and audio level, this is one of the best times I've had at the movies. It just has the cool factor that makes the little boy in me feel giddy.

And what this first film has that the second film completely lacks, is a sense of wonder and discovery that isn't forced or cynical. It's not Jurassic Park or ET level, but the Spielberg influence is definitely felt and it works.

Ya, it's got some truly bad dialogue and there are plot holes, but it's such a well crafted spectacle I really don't care.

^I still think the 1st TF movie is awesome, I like the sequels as spectacles and simple entertainment, but the Tf is a genuinely good movie and still one of the best blockbusters of the noughties for me.

In the cinema it was amazing but I still watch it today and really enjoy it, I think if we had gotten the Optimus Prime of the sequels (fight ability wise) in the 1st movie it would be a near perfect blockbuster movie.

One of only two good films in the whole series in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"