Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take is that with the events that happen when jane is brought from earth Odin holds her responsible for the invasion of asgard and in his traumatic loss.
Refusing help and forbiding Thor to make an attempt at rescue of jane Thor is forced to disobey Odin and free loki which leads to the final battle,Thor dealing with Kurse and Loki fighting Malekith...My take on the trailer scene with Thor, Jane and Loki is after the battle Loki is clearly hurt in his encounter with Malekith and Thor is holding Jane as they head back to asgard..Thor will have to deal with Odin and make a choice between asgard or earth.....

That sounds interesting actually. Especially the part that Thor sneakes to Loki's cell and will aks for help. Cause I doubt this was officially ordered by Odin. This has been in the comics numerous times... That Thor has to decide for one world. I can picture that beeing part of the story.

But why do you think Odin will make Jane responsible for the invasion of Asgard?

Do you think they'll go that route and show Jane getting powers and Odin objecting to her etc etc? Is that the story viewers really want to see taking up screen time in this movie?

I would have thought the main focus should be Thor Thor Thor Loki Thor Thor Jane Thor Thor Odin Thor Thor Malekith Thor Thor Warriors Three Thor Thor Loki Thor Thor Kurse Thor Thor Loki Thor Thor Jane Thor Thor Thor Thor Thor Thor Darcy.

I want Darcy to get her own spin off. Call it 'Taser-Girl'

hehehe, I was hoping for that since I saw the first trailer of the first movie! Best "puny" weapon ever. Not many can show off in a bar with having knocked out a god! :woot:

Do you think they'll go that route and show Jane getting powers and Odin objecting to her etc etc? Is that the story viewers really want to see taking up screen time in this movie?

I would have thought the main focus should be Thor Thor Thor Loki Thor Thor Jane Thor Thor Odin Thor Thor Malekith Thor Thor Warriors Three Thor Thor Loki Thor Thor Kurse Thor Thor Loki Thor Thor Jane Thor Thor Thor Thor Thor Thor Darcy.

I can't believe it! Seriously, you could have at least replaced ONE Thor with Sif :dry:

Good point, I don't want to take away from Thor's conflict with Malekith, Kurse, and the Dark Elves.

That sounds interesting actually. Especially the part that Thor sneakes to Loki's cell and will aks for help. Cause I doubt this was officially ordered by Odin. This has been in the comics numerous times... That Thor has to decide for one world. I can picture that beeing part of the story.

But why do you think Odin will make Jane responsible for the invasion of Asgard?

Malekith tried once on earth to capture Jane, and when Thor stops him and brings her to Asgard for her protection Odin is not pleased.
Then Malekith goes after her on Asgard and a very tragic event unfolds that changes everything for Odin as well as Thor..."Grief clouds ones judgement and Odin is not above it, in his mindset jane arrival is the reason events unfolded as they did.
Malekith is bent on revenge and he must draw Thor out using jane as bait..He expects Thor will act rashly and come alone and then he will unleash Kurse as his trump card.. Loki will be the last person he expects to see arrive and stand with Thor.
Of course I am probably totally wrong but hey its fun sometimes to guess...The way the Teaser jumps around Its anyone's guess....

Last edited:

yeah this. I want to see thor, asgard, and the dark elves. Love needs to take a backseat lol

Good point, I don't want to take away from Thor's conflict with Malekith, Kurse, and the Dark Elves.

I hope Kurse get's a full character arc. Assuming Malekith is responsible (though not directly) for what happens to him, I really hope he kills Malekith, and gets lines

My take is that with the events that happen when jane is brought from earth Odin holds her responsible for the invasion of asgard and in his traumatic loss.
Refusing help and forbiding Thor to make an attempt at rescue of jane Thor is forced to disobey Odin and free loki which leads to the final battle,Thor dealing with Kurse and Loki fighting Malekith...My take on the trailer scene with Thor, Jane and Loki is after the battle Loki is clearly hurt in his encounter with Malekith and Thor is holding Jane as they head back to asgard..Thor will have to deal with Odin and make a choice between asgard or earth.....

I think what the trailer is showing is Malekith literally stealing Jane's soul in the "suspended in midair" sequence. She doesn't die from it; she just becomes, effectively, a soulless zombie. The only way Thor can restore her is to bring her soul back from the Underworld (Niflhel or wherever), and Loki is the only one who knows the back-doors into that accursed domain. Odin obviously wouldn't approve of Thor's shenanigans, so he's operating on his own here. Pretty sure the sequence on the blasted tundra with Thor, Jane and Loki is part of that descent into the underworld.

I don't mind the character of Jane and NP is a good actress, but I don't want the focus to be on how Jane copes on Asgard and how she feels about Odin/Sif/whoever not liking her, on how Jane might handle any powers bestowed on her by Odin, or on how she feels about being zapped by Malekith etc.

I'm happy for her to be there so all the other characters can react to Jane, rather than it being about how she reacts to them. I don't want to sit through a movie where a lot of things are seen from her POV, but if she's a catalyst for Thor to rage, fight, cry, yell "Nooooooooooooooo!!!", turn to Loki for help, go behind Odin's back, take his shirt off, then fine.

yeah this. I want to see thor, asgard, and the dark elves. Love needs to take a backseat lol

You hopeless unromantic, you. :argh:

Nah, I get that some people roll their eyes at the mushy stuff, but it's great for bringing in a new (and larger) demographic. In many ways, Thor is already the "soap opera" of the MCU, and I'd be willing to bet that it has a lot more female fans than any of the other Marvel Studios titles so far.

You probably aren't going to be happy with this, but I'd be willing to bet that TDW is going to be the mushiest romance Marvel Studios ever puts out. :oldrazz:

You hopeless unromantic, you. :argh:

Nah, I get that some people roll their eyes at the mushy stuff, but it's great for bringing in a new (and larger) demographic. In many ways, Thor is already the "soap opera" of the MCU, and I'd be willing to bet that it has a lot more female fans than any of the other Marvel Studios titles so far.

You probably aren't going to be happy with this, but I'd be willing to bet that TDW is going to be the mushiest romance Marvel Studios ever puts out. :oldrazz:

Shakespeare in the Park? :D

I hope Kurse get's a full character arc. Assuming Malekith is responsible (though not directly) for what happens to him, I really hope he kills Malekith, and gets lines

Same here :up:

I know they're keeping him under wraps, but I hope his role is bigger than what we're being lead to think.

memory beeing wiped and after that forced to comit suicide... Man, poor Jane. This sounds all so awfull. Hey, what if in the movie she will marry her former boyfriend Dr. Don Blake? lol

Oh that is just the beginning. Then she was skuttled off to the runestaff dimension and left there for years. It got to the point Donald was accused of her murder. When she got out her memories were gone again and she married Keith Kincaid despite the fact she and Thor were practically living together in her aunts old apartment before she went into the other dimension. Where did Kincaid come back from? Was that not weird to him? She gets screwed over a lot. A LOT. Its why Jane fans have no faith in Marvel to do her justice at all.

It's joke, so please don't take that serious anyone.

I think it's too late. 04nbod most certainly has the hitmen out already.

Oh that is just the beginning. Then she was skuttled off to the runestaff dimension and left there for years. It got to the point Donald was accused of her murder. When she got out her memories were gone again and she married Keith Kincaid despite the fact she and Thor were practically living together in her aunts old apartment before she went into the other dimension. Where did Kincaid come back from? Was that not weird to him? She gets screwed over a lot. A LOT. Its why Jane fans have no faith in Marvel to do her justice at all.

Well, what can I say? That sounds all very awfull. But for some reason that little voice inside my head still whispers "Thor's worth it" lol. I'm glad they didn't wipe out too much. It was pretty precise eh? Just the Thor part, not her time at the college or something lol.

Jane has fans?

I felt terrible for having that as my first thought when 04nbod said "Jane fans". But then I saw your post and that made me feel better lol. :funny:http://forums.superherohype.com/member.php?u=36488

I liked Jane Foster in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. Granted, that was my only exposure to the character besides the Thor movie.

Yeah, she was cool in EMH.

If people who just know the Thor movie tell me that Jane acts kinda overhyping and all that, I reply she was a lot worse in the comics. Drooling all over when Thor was on TV or seen in the city somewhere. She was imagining to iron his cape and cut his hair when they are married. That was like in the 5th issue by Lee and Kirby lol. But we know, that we girls would be worse still so... lol.

Gonna be coming in here mostly from now on, IM3 board has turned to nothing but Crying, whining, trolling and spoilers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"