Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes Mr. Negativity again.

Tony-Stark-Eyeroll.gif

LMAO......love that gif. Not gonna happen. I just came in for an update on SDCC panels and such. I'm more irritated at the AvX nonsense Thor went through. Despite my "name" Thor is my be all end all male super hero. That's all.

Yeah people need to calm the hell down. It's even worse on the Avengers forum.

Look folks this was a tease, and the scene blacked out. We don't know the context, and we don't know what happens after. I seriously doubt this is going to be Empire strikes back where Thor get's an artificial hand at the end, especially with Portman in a lead roll.

The scene blacks out from all the descriptions, without having seen the footage, the description is that Thor call Mjolnir, and then Loki's sword comes down on his hand and the scene blacks out. We don't know any more than that.

I'm guessing this is the scene where Malekith has Jane, and Thor is on his knees crying "Nooo!" from the teaser.

If there's one thing I've learned about trailer footage over the years, is never trust what they show you. I specifically remember Star Trek 6, the trailer showed Kirk being vaporized by a phaser, and this started all kinds of speculation that Kirk was going to die, well that didn't happen (in that movie anyway).

But however you come down on this, this movie sounds absolutely bad ass!

I myself am not very critical of dismemberment in this movie, I welcome it...but I just wonder how the tween fangirls/boys with raging hormones will take Loki's actions. I mean seriously it just shows just how psychotic and unromantic the character really is. Of course this might not make any difference at all seeing as how some fangirls/boys will find Loki's murderous behavior even more alluring. In which case that really creeps me out that people can find that level of destructive behavior attractive.

Look folks this was a tease, and the scene blacked out. We don't know the context, and we don't know what happens after. I seriously doubt this is going to be Empire strikes back where Thor get's an artificial hand at the end, especially with Portman in a lead roll.

The scene blacks out from all the descriptions, without having seen the footage, the description is that Thor call Mjolnir, and then Loki's sword comes down on his hand and the scene blacks out. We don't know any more than that.

I'm guessing this is the scene where Malekith has Jane, and Thor is on his knees crying "Nooo!" from the teaser.

If there's one thing I've learned about trailer footage over the years, is never trust what they show you. I specifically remember Star Trek 6, the trailer showed Kirk being vaporized by a phaser, and this started all kinds of speculation that Kirk was going to die, well that didn't happen (in that movie anyway).

I think you are more right than wrong here. I just think that it is possible that Marvel is reacting to so very vocal criticism of their films not having enough dramatic weight or consequences to them. The old "the stakes are low" argument as it were. I am not in that camp BTW.

I myself am not very critical of dismemberment in this movie, I welcome it...but I just wonder how the tween fangirls/boys with raging hormones will take Loki's actions. I mean seriously it just shows just how psychotic and unromantic the character really is. Of course this might not make any difference at all seeing as how some fangirls/boys will find Loki's murderous behavior even more alluring. In which case that really creeps me out that people can find that level of destructive behavior attractive.

Maybe Marvel knew that Tom's Loki had too much sympathy from the audience despite ALL THE HORRIBLE CRAP he's done on film (even before Thor's banishment he was letting Frost Giants in to Asgard to slay innocent Vault guardians) and this is a way of saying "Ladies, this guy no matter how charming intelligent or wounded is still a class 1 *****ebag"?

Okay...I do admit that I am one of those people that thinks the stakes need to be raised in the Marvel movies. I feel that Marvel must do this in order to keep their core characters from going stale, create more emotional attachment and incite the feeling of doomed urgency. Let's face it DC has only scratched the surface with their hero roster so they will in the future have a fresher advantage so Marvel needs to step things up and stay competitive.

Maybe Marvel knew that Tom's Loki had too much sympathy from the audience despite ALL THE HORRIBLE CRAP he's done on film (even before Thor's banishment he was letting Frost Giants in to Asgard to slay innocent Vault guardians) and this is a way of saying "Ladies, this guy no matter how charming intelligent or wounded is still a class 1 *****ebag"?

Well...like I said sometimes not even that is enough to drive the kinkier fans away though. Curse Tom's uniquely different level of physical attractiveness! lol

The scene sounds bad ass, don't get me wrong, I just don't want a rehash of the end of ESB. I'm pretty sure, Thor won't be handless for Avengers: AOU I just don't want him having a robotic hand. It's one thing to pay homage to another film, it's something totally different to completely rip it off.

Okay...I do admit that I am one of those people that thinks the stakes need to be raised in the Marvel movies. I feel that Marvel must do this in order to keep their core characters from going stale, create more emotional attachment and incite the feeling of doomed urgency. Let's face it DC has only scratched the surface with their hero roster so they will in the future have a fresher advantage so Marvel needs to step things up and stay competitive.

Well...like I said sometimes not even that is enough to drive the kinkier fans away though. Curse Tom's uniquely different level of physical attractiveness! lol

I can go either way really. I like the lighter touch that characterized PHASE ONE and would be more than happy to see that continue. But, if Thor loses an arm and has to deal with the consequences of that through more than one film, especially if it's Loki that does it, that could be very interesting too.

I think after my experience seeing MOS I have a lot less preconceived notions about what exactly I want from a superhero movie. With MOS I got a Superman movie I did not even know I wanted until I left the theatre with my jaw still on the floor.

If Marvel wants to raise the stakes leading into the climax of PHASE 2, I'm cool with that. If we keep getting more adventure spectacle I am cool with that as well. Hmmm... Maybe I should change my screen name to Bobby Drake? :oldrazz:

To me the consequences are larger if he loses Jane rather than his hand. I have to say, I have no clue how this is going to play out. Malekith is doing something to Jane...releasing the spirit possessing her or something, Thor is already defeated and Loki is there and has betrayed him, maybe Kurse is there too. Malekith says "ask yourself, what would you sacrifice, for what you believe?" Seems to me like that question is being directed to Jane not Thor. "For what you believe..." Jane is the scientist, the Foster theory, something to do with her work?

If Loki redeems himself, how does he do this? Is he joined forces with Malekith, and then helps Thor at the last minute? Maybe Loki heals Thor realizing Malekith is the bigger threat?

Some movies you know what's going to come, but this one I have absolutely no freaking clue.

To me the consequences are larger if he loses Jane rather than his hand. I have to say, I have no clue how this is going to play out. Malekith is doing something to Jane...releasing the spirit possessing her or something, Thor is already defeated and Loki is there and has betrayed him, maybe Kurse is there too. Malekith says "ask yourself, what would you sacrifice, for what you believe?" Seems to me like that question is being directed to Jane not Thor. "For what you believe..." Jane is the scientist, the Foster theory, something to do with her work?

If Loki redeems himself, how does he do this? Is he joined forces with Malekith, and then helps Thor at the last minute? Maybe Loki heals Thor realizing Malekith is the bigger threat?

Some movies you know what's going to come, but this one I have absolutely no freaking clue.

Hmm.... A lot to chew on there. My comic book reading, movie loving mind does bring a line from Avengers up, also reminding me of what Hogun said about Loki.

1. "Are you always going to fall for that?"

2. "A master of magic...."

Curiouser and curiouser wouldn't you say? :word:

The scene sounds bad ass, don't get me wrong, I just don't want a rehash of the end of ESB. I'm pretty sure, Thor won't be handless for Avengers: AOU I just don't want him having a robotic hand. It's one thing to pay homage to another film, it's something totally different to completely rip it off.

Exactly.

Dammit! didn't realize there *might* be GoT spoilers in here... or at least oblique references in which I can glean some spoilery info.

Now that I've read some of the rundowns for the footage, and seen the awe-inspiring Tom Hiddleston Loki monologue, my body is officially ready for Nov. 8. I am a little concerned as to why the rest of the cast and Alan Taylor weren't there at Hall H, but it was alleviated a little when I read the LAT interview with Hiddleston. Whatever production difficulties aside, I do think Feige wanted to try something different and give the audience a gift, so to speak. Hiddleston was the perfect messenger for that.

Glad Alan Taylor and Tom signed today though.

Posters are making hay of Taylor "only signing" things for fans and Portaman and Chris not being present. Mountains out of mole hills if you ask me.

Posters are making hay of Taylor "only signing" things for fans and Portaman and Chris not being present. Mountains out of mole hills if you ask me.

Agree. Plus, like it or loathe it, TH's in-character appearance has everyone talking about Thor 2 and Loki again. It's all over Twitter, ONTD, and Tumblr? Please. :cwink:

So yeah. That stunt definitely generated tons of buzz.

Man, are people still trying to put a negative spin on this?:yay:
I guess we gotta have those in every forum, huh?

Is everyone noticing that Thor is depicted with his helmet in the toy packaging? Could just be early beta stuff or it could indicated he has his helmet on in the film for some length.

Agree. Plus, like it or loathe it, TH's in-character appearance has everyone talking about Thor 2 and Loki again. It's all over Twitter, ONTD, and Tumblr? Please. :cwink:

So yeah. That stunt definitely generated tons of buzz.

What Tom did over the weekend is really fan service of the highest order and you could tell he was as enthusiastic about the whole deal. Maybe to him it was just like doing live theatre, only with high pitched screaming?

Well according to that one Fan recap, it SOUNDS like Thor's hand is somehow damaged or wrinkly like Malekith's face. MAYBE Loki cuts off Thor's hand because the hand is infected.

Well according to that one Fan recap, it SOUNDS like Thor's hand is somehow damaged or wrinkly like Malekith's face. MAYBE Loki cuts off Thor's hand because the hand is infected.

I like the cut of your gib, pardner! :woot: I had not even considered that. :doh:

Speaking of Storms, tere was a kick butt heat lightning storm roll through just a bit ago here. The videos are alittle cooler
9mws.png

opuf.jpg

kgj1.jpg

You take such beautiful nature imagery Vartha. What are you using to capture these stunning images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"