Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - Part 11

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Thread Manager, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OstrichsRevenge

OstrichsRevenge Well-Known Member

:funny::funny::funny:

The scene sounds cool, but the hand thing kind of...doesn't. Since Loki is so evil, he should have just cut off his whole arm.

2. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

He might as well have done this if they are permanently removing
    his arm/hand which some people seem to think they will do.

Loki: "I take from you, your hand, and cast it out!"
    Then we see it get flushed down the toilet only to
    fall upon Midgard and hit Ultron in the face thus creating a short-circut.
    Then it will be there until Thor gets it back but at what cost?
    Ultron starts living again and then they can do A2, a good way to connect the movies
    and save Thor´s hand.

3. itchyscratch

itchyscratch Well-Known Member

Hmm. If Thor's hand has been infected I wonder if the crucial thing here is that if he summons mjolnir and it's touched by the infected hand that Thor no longer controls mjolnir?

If that's the scenario then Loki is chopping off the hand to stop the infection spreading, to save mjolnir from getting lost to the baddies, and he gets to satisfy his evil side by inflicting bodily harm on Thor!

4. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

Yeah I heard someone say that before, it´s possible. But I am 100% sure that he will get the hand back.

Isn´t it more likely that it´s some kind of illusion that Loki uses to fool someone?

5. itchyscratch

I very much doubt we'll see Thor with one hand for too long. If the Asgardians can build things like the rainbow bridge then I'm sure reconstructing a new hand isn't that much of a stretch.

6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Yeah we don't know the context. The trailer cut was meant to shock, and that's exactly what it did.

7. Tony Stark

I agree, I just don't want to see a mechanical hand, or magical or whatever. It's been done too many times.

Hey maybe an end credit scene where Tony injects Extremis into him and he grows back his hand. LOL!

8. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Destroyer arm or nothing!!!

9. itchyscratch

Except that a heap of people apparently didn't notice that the hand was chopped off. I still can't believe the variation of reports, especially when you show some reporting that they actually saw the post-chop stump in that clip.

10. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

Indeed!

11. Tony Stark

Yeah descriptions are all over the place. I think perhaps because the scene was cut so quickly.

I wonder if it was like Ned Stark's head chopping scene that Taylor did, where you see the blade go through the neck, but you never see the head come off.

12. itchyscratch

Argh! No GoT spoilers. I've only just managed to see the series and I was so pissed off that someone online had spoiled that bit for me, as I'd deliberately avoided all GoT forums.

13. DarthSkywalker

The book has been out for nearly 20 years and the first season aired over 2 years ago. That is on you.

14. itchyscratch

The show is only on pay tv and a lot of people wait for the DVDs to come out before they watch it. Season 3 DVD isn't out until 2014 but if you've read all books and you think it's fine then go ahead here and drop as many big spoilers as you like for all the seasons to come.

15. DarthSkywalker

The blu ray and DVD for season 1 GoT came out last year. :o

16. itchyscratch

I have no idea when they came out in Australia, but please do spoil me here, now for what is going to happen in the future seasons if you've read the books. Clearly the book and US release dates for these things is all that matters and a Thor movie forum is the right place to discuss spoilers for a cable tv show.

17. Tony Stark

Well I'm not trying to spoil the show, the only reason I mentioned that scene is because 1. Alan Taylor directed it, and because 2. it showed dismemberment without actually showing blood or body parts falling off.

18. warriorking

warriorking Well-Known Member

:wow: I just wish they would release the damn trailer so we can see and speculate for ourselves....And where is Kurse in all this...I am beginning to wonder if he is going to play a major role in this movie..Its been very quiet about his role thus far....

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  19. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

Yeah, doesn't make any sense. It tells me that there's a peculiar way the trailer was edited.

20. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Skuttlebutt update
    [​IMG]

21. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Say, in the teaser there is a shot of what looks to be Loki, Thor and Jane walking together at some point, yes? In some mountainous area. Does Thor in that breif monent look like Jane is helping him because he's hobbled? Or am I off base here?

22. warriorking

warriorking Well-Known Member

I watched the teaser again and it does not look like Thor is hurt in that scene, he seems to be helping Jane...they also state that Thor cries Noooo!!! when the scene of the hand cutting fades quickly to black ...we all know from the first teaser that this cannot be so...but rather he is screaming Nooo!!! not because of any physical pain inflicted upon himself but clearly an emotional outcry due to either jane or someone else being hurt or killed by whoever he is fighting ...I still think he does not loose a hand..I feel its just a sly editing trick....

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  23. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Ok. That seems likely. They edited the big "Noooo!" moment with the footage shown at SDCC. I am not totally against something like this happening. It could be interesting and dramatic. Plus it would quiet the "MARVEL films are no stakes kid films" detractors some. I can go either way really. I like flights of fancy adventure with my superheros. I like big serious dramatic takes on my superheros. I'm lucky that I get both kinds of films now.

24. Tony Stark

Yeah I'm not sold either. I've do doubts of the account of the footage, but it's just that I've seen that done a ton of times in movie, making you think one character is in peril, and it ends up being something else.

Were it not for ESB, or Aquaman, or [blackout]Jamie Lannister[/blackout], I'd totally be on board with this, but the severed hand is just entirely overplayed.

*edit* Had to blackout that last bit as we had a big discussion early about GoT spoilers.

25. itchyscratch

Really hoping we'll get to see the footage soon so we can all make up our own minds about it.

*sends you a dozen chocolate minty Thors as a peace offering*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.