Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - Part 11

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Thread Manager, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

I don't know if you know this or not but... this isn't the comics dude. And you shouldn't expect it to be.

2. DyeLorean

DyeLorean will return

In Iron Man Three it has been established with Extremis that body extremities can grow back.

3. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

please tell me you aren't serious lol

4. jaqua99

Again mkilban lol I tell you this so often, you DO have to understand the perspective of comic book fan, you aren't much of a reader, so it's not nearly as easy for you to see it from our perspective. While I do agree about this guy with you, I have to say in an unrelated comment, these films are the closest things a reader gets to real life versions of the characters they love reading about. If they get brought to the big screen, there IS a desire and a hunger for it to be as close to the source material as possible. I'm not throwing any digs, but until you start reading comics, you really can't understand or expect a reader to simply be okay with the difference, it's a wee bit ignorant dude.

But I know you mean well, you're one of the most legit posters here....as for that other guy you quoted...he's a lost cause, so don't even waste your time lol

5. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

Pretty sure I wasn´t serious lol?

But the hand will not be chopped or if it´s chopped off he will get it back. There will also be a good reason for this illusion or temporary sacrifice.

6. ares834

ares834 Vader's Fist

I'll be honest, that sounds awesome. I love how it looks in God of Thunder and seeing it on the big screen would be awesome!

7. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

8. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

^I had no idea he was involved in Thor 2

9. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Yeah, the interesting thing is, Zach was apparently their original choice for Fandral for the first Thor movie but he couldn't due to his commitment to Chuck, so they went with Josh Dallas. Then, when Josh couldn't do TDW due to his commitment to Once Upon a Time they were able to get Zach for the part that they had originally wanted him for.

10. jaqua99

GOOD. Or it's a prophecy or something?

Right? Maybe with it being linked to a possible Ragnarok story, we get prophecies, and maybe this happens in say...idk someone's vision of the future?

Fandral

11. mkilban2

Yeah I take the fact that most here are big time comic readers into consideration when I post and i respect their stances fully, but from time to time I just see something that irks me in a posters complaints lol. I think its fair to so that marvel has done a more than stellar job adapting these characters as closely as possible and making them work very well. Some people sometimes want too much, if Thor was to show his comic strengths like lifting the Midgard Serpant in a film. . Then what's really left? Just throw him into battle from now on and everyone else can go take lunch.

I do wanna see characters do more and come as close to their comic counterparts as possible, but in moderation.

12. LadyGeek

LadyGeek Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  13. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

As I am new to this particular discussion regarding Thor's hand I will give my initial impression as to what I think is going on. I am limited in my knowledge of the details. Here goes. Loki and Thor are working in concert and it is Loki's magic that gives the illusion that Thor has lost his hand in their combat. This is to fool whoever it is they are fighting in front of.

14. divan

divan Well-Known Member

Loki fighting Thor and winning?! They better have a good explanation for this.

15. mkilban2

That would be really cool for lokis character actually. But then of course he's off scheming something in the background

16. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

It wouldn't be Loki if he wasn't.:cwink:

17. LadyGeek

LadyGeek Well-Known Member

Winning was my word, not the writer's.
    But the writer's description clearly describes Loki as having the upper hand (no pun intended!).

Must be more going on in this scene than what meets the eye.

18. warriorking

warriorking Well-Known Member

:doh: Release the trailer already!!!!!!
    Has anyone heard anything about the trailers attached to Wolverine, I thought they released the list in advance..

19. OstrichsRevenge

OstrichsRevenge Well-Known Member

I don't understand how all of these witness accounts to the trailer can be so different. It was shown one time and one time only. Unless some people have the most ridiculous memories, some of these accounts must be fake. Or written for the purpose of throwing everyone off.

Or maybe the footage has been leaked somewhere and it's been found by a few people who then analyze and "report" on it. Either way, I'm not going to believe anything until I see the footage for myself.

20. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Yeah, I'm not sure I believe that one. If there was footage of Thor and Loki fighting, there would be more people blogging, tweeting about it. I'm sure they'll fight at some point, but I think this person took descriptions of the trailer and inserted his own stuff in there.

21. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well, I'm not going with most of it, but the general thing at the end seems to all agree that Loki cuts off Thor's hand. I tend to think that the one guy that noiced Thor's hand was wrinkely makes me think it was infected with probably Darl elf magik's
    I guess we'll have to wait until D23 to be sure

22. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

ALMOST done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Now I am thinking the whole hand thing is an illusion. Loki and Thor are playing Malekith. Heck, Thor might not even be in on it.

Or perhaps Thor is under Malekith's control and Loki cuts off his hand because that is the infected bit controlling Thor.

24. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

Yes I agree

25. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I Didn't see marcvader's post. Yeah, I really agree with his line of thought. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.