Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - Part 11

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Thread Manager, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson Well-Known Member

I have a good feeling Thor will destroy at least one space ship.:cool:

2. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah I'm REALLYYYYY pulling for a scene where Thor destroys a space ship in "space" or atleast mid-air, hopefully he rips through an entire fleet.

3. Thor Odinson

Now that would be awesome.

4. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

So the Stone Men of Saturn are in this too? This will give fuel to those that think a Planent Hulk film is on it's way.

Yost is the co writer? Seeing how HULK VS THOR viewed by some quarters of the Thor faithful, how do y'all feel about that?

5. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

Hulk vs. was just to have a Hulk movie that satisfies his fanbase I think. I don't think it says anything about Yost's version of Thor for the film.

6. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

No, what I meant was it's IMO easier to CGI rock people than something a bit more sophisticated looking. Plus, by all accounts the thing is easily disposed of.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  7. Thor Odinson

It doesn't mean anything. Yost also wrote many episodes of Avengers: EMH, and Thor was awesome there.

8. Thor Odinson

Oh, my bad.:doh:

9. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I actually really enjoyed the HULK VS. mini movies. I wish they had kept doing them. I know some (hell a whole lot) of the Thor fanbase despises the THOR one, but I have to say that the version of Thor and his world was amazing. Outside of Karnilla it has about every single character important to Thor history in one 30 min. movie. And they all looked and sounded awesome. It was a classic version of MARVEL comics in motion. But that's just my take.

10. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Tell me about it I've been pulling for a scene like that since those Marauder ships were shown in the prequel comic.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to be the only creature in the film.

11. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

Yes. I haven´t seen them at SDCC tho. But that is kind of a weak thing. They didn´t choose to spend much on that. There are other more important parts of the movie that needs more attention anyway.

The rock ppl from saturn/kronans have played a really interesting role in the comics. I like most things about them. What I wonder is if it´s just coincidence that they choose to have these creatures in this movie or if it has something to do with that they are located on Saturn. Hehe you know me and my Thanos ideas! He is from Titan after all. I wonder if he has some underlings in the planetary neighbourhood.

12. Thor Odinson

From EW (dedicated to the ''OMG, marketing fail'' people):

:D

13. scifiwolf

scifiwolf Well-Known Member

I was shocked I didn't even get trailer 1 for this with The Wolverine. I figured Marvel would've wanted the new one attached to it, but understand if they thought a bit more separation from Comic Con was necessary. But to not have anything? Marketing fail right there.

14. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

[​IMG]

New Trailer Aug 7, most likely attached to Elysium

15. Thor Odinson

The stupid posts never cease to amaze me.

16. scifiwolf

I know full well the trailer is August 7th. My point was it should've been attached to another Marvel movie, even if it is distributed by Fox. At the very least, they could've shown the older one.

There's not a damn thing stupid with that.

17. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

I don´t even know what the heck you are talking about that´s even more stupid lol.

18. Godzilla2000

Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

Nooo!! Not the Rock Biter...well unless we're talking about the Rock Biter from the sequels, especially the abusive redneck Rockbiter from the third movie that is nothing like the sweet, adorable creature from the original, then I don't really care.

Way to keep the talent out of the loop. ~_^ How the heck is Chris supposed to respond to questions pertaining to the footage if he hasn't seen what the press and con visitors have seen before he has?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  19. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

I got it with the wolverine. It WAS attached to it, so, not sure what you are talking about

On a side note, regarding creatures, we think we'll get trolls?

Ulik? As a cameo?

20. ThorOdinSon

ThorOdinSon Active Member

just give up. Some people on this site will have an excuse for Marvel every single time. Thor 2 marketing has been horrendous, and when this movie fails at the box office, people will probably make more excuses. No one one outside of the fan base is excited to see Thor 2(people will see it, but it's not a can't wait like hunger games which made me read the books), and Marvel is doing a damn good job, making sure no one cares. This movie NEEDS marketing because if it fails, Phase 2 will be very hard to pull off successfully. But from where I'm standing Marvel seems more concerned with Winter Soldier, and almost seems to be writing this movie off completely.

21. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah now that Kronans are confirmed to be in the film I wonder what other races would be included, hopefully the Badoon and the Rock Trolls.

By the way, how do you feel about Kronans being inlcluded in the film? It sure has me excited as hell.

22. scifiwolf

Hmmm, that's strange. I got Elysium, Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Percy Jackson, and 47 Ronin. That was it. My wife and friends and I were talking about our surprise that we only had four trailers, none for Thor, and Walter Mitty was so out of place it wasn't funny. But thanks for the feedback jaqua. Really appreciate it.

As for fleshing out the universe with creature cameos, nothing would surprise me either way. Marvel has been decent about throwing those kinds of bones to fans, but they've also screwed some easy things up, so we'll see.

Appreciate the discussion without attacking. I'm hoping the marketing picks up, especially with the Disney machine behind it. It's kind of hard to tell what the impact is going to be from The Lone Ranger. My wife pointed out to me that they might not feel the need to market to their own demographic, feeling that it's a shoe-in audience after the Avengers juggernaut. They're also going to hook a little more of the GoT crowd, so we'll see. I think Cap has a bit more push right now coming off SDCC, and Marvel may feel that is the one that will be a harder sell in Phase 2.

This movie hasn't got me as excited as TWS of GotG, but I'm still chomping at the bit for it. Thor was the big surprise for me in Phase 1, and I'm dying to see what shakeups there will be in TDW.

:up:

23. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Pretty excited. It has me excited in the sense that it's not just creatures for the movies, I can look and say to non readers, hey, those are the Kronans from the comics! I think that's cool

24. scifiwolf

Wow, all this talk about Kronans, and the excitement for it, and I'm just trying to play catch up on Thor and Marvel. I picked up some graphic novels for Batman prior to TDKR, and just went through some Wolverine stuff, and am getting ready to read Days of Future Past. Any suggestions on Thor graphic novels? Especially leading up to TDW? My buddy suggested Civil War as a good Marvel run in general, but I really need to get some good, Thor-centric material.

25. Thor Odinson

There is a lot of good stuff coming out in the following months.
    You might want to check out the Thor: God of Thunder HC vol1 (which is already out), collecting the first arc of the current run.
    Also, both Thor by Walt Simonson TPBs vol1 & 2, which will be available in August and October.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.