Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to give props to Tom for actually jetting to San Diego for that while in the midst of playing the grueling lead role in Coriolanus on stage.

No not really. Most of the actors were pretty busy with other projects.
I still would have been fascinated by a panel with Feige, Taylor, Yost, and any actors who were available along with Hiddleston. But without Hemsworth, Portman, Hopkins, and of course Don Payne, I can definitely understand why they wouldn't have one. Besides, any and all fan questions would have been directed towards Tom from annoying Loki fangirls (I still hate how they hijacked the 2011 NYCC panel for Avengers), so maybe it was for the best that they didn't have a panel. Though I guess the Cap and GOTG panels didn't take any fan questions, right?

I still would have been fascinated by a panel with Feige, Taylor, Yost, and any actors who were available along with Hiddleston. But without Hemsworth, Portman, Hopkins, and of course Don Payne, I can definitely understand why they wouldn't have one. Besides, any and all fan questions would have been directed towards Tom from annoying Loki fangirls (I still hate how they hijacked the 2011 NYCC panel for Avengers), so maybe it was for the best that they didn't have a panel. Though I guess the Cap and GOTG panels didn't take any fan questions, right?

Then maybe you should have showed up and asked questions. If more Loki fangirls show up than other fans, naturally they would have more questions to ask.

As for the panel, they did the best they could without having all of the main cast there. TH nailed it and got people talking, that's the whole point.

Then maybe you should have showed up and asked questions. If more Loki fangirls show up than other fans, naturally they would have more questions to ask.

As for the panel, they did the best they could without having all of the main cast there. TH nailed it and got people talking, that's the whole point.
I did show up. I spent 4 hours in line first thing in the morning and the whole day sitting through every panel in the IGN theater just so I could be at that last panel, but the fangirls bum rushed the aisles at the very beginning of the panel, so I couldn't ask a question.

I'm fine with what they did and really enjoyed TH, so I'm not complaining that at all. Just bringing up the alternative which would have also been enjoyable.

I did show up. I spent 4 hours in line first thing in the morning and the whole day sitting through every panel in the IGN theater just so I could be at that last panel, but the fangirls bum rushed the aisles at the very beginning of the panel, so I couldn't ask a question.

I'm fine with what they did and really enjoyed TH, so I'm not complaining that at all. Just bringing up the alternative which would have also been enjoyable.

Fair enough. I'm all for being able to push girls aside in this case. It's what I would do to any Bieber fangirl.

You must really want to ask Bieber a question.

:funny:

Ah, yes I worded that poorly. The only question I'd like to ask Bieber is when he's retiring and if he could push that date up to now.

Back to Thor, I'm hoping we see the new scenes from the Comic Con footage in the trailer next week. Or, is that something that only the SDCC goers were able to see?

:funny:

Ah, yes I worded that poorly. The only question I'd like to ask Bieber is when he's retiring and if he could push that date up to now.

Back to Thor, I'm hoping we see the new scenes from the Comic Con footage in the trailer next week. Or, is that something that only the SDCC goers were able to see?

They showed a new trailer, not "scenes" ..... we're going to be getting that the week of August 4th during that even Stan Lee is putting on.

They showed a new trailer, not "scenes" ..... we're going to be getting that the week of August 4th during that even Stan Lee is putting on.

I meant that not the whole trailer was new. Some scenes from it were from the old teaser trailer.

Yeah I thought they needed to do SOMETHING more than Tom's intro as well.

They should includ atleast one shot of the Kronan and Kurse, because from the sounds of it they weren't in the trailer.

Yeah the teaser "fleshed out" basically

I really hope that's not the case, that doesn't sound too exciting.

Seahammer over on the Immortal Thor boards found and translated this

o5nj.png

left page:
The elves fought the light that radiated from Asgard. They built a weapon out of the dark and unleashed the dark power of the ETHER across the nine realms, inflicting the torment of...
(end of page)

caption on right page:
Svartalfheim, the genesis of ether.

"ether" came out as AETHER in the translation, but i think that's what it's supposed to be. I made a few other assumptions and educated guesses to stretch the actual runes into anglicized meaning!

I come up with the same thing he does

Hmmm... Any thoughts on what that all could refer to? I'm going through my mental files on Thor enemies that are associated with Darkness. I remember Surtur forging Twilight in darkness. DOOM, DOOM, DOOM ect. But maybe I am remembering it wrong. Any other cosmic Marvel entities that are know for darkness and could reasonably be used here?

Can't really think of any off hand.
Surtur's all I can think of other than Fenris.

Starlin's Death? Hmm... A weapon built to spread "the dark". Is that that giant structure we see smashing through buildings in the teaser?

Starlin's Death? Hmm... A weapon built to spread "the dark". Is that that giant structure we see smashing through buildings in the teaser?
na, I'm trying to think of the demons' name that attacked Beta Ray Bill's home world, but THIS was on BRB's wiki

Note the first sentence SKARTHEIM
On discovering that Bill was worthy enough to lift Mjolnir, Odin proposes a battle to the death in the fiery Asgardian realm of Skartheim to decide who will wield the hammer. Bill and Thor render each other unconscious. Bill's resistance to heat allows him to recover first, however, and he is deemed the winner--but he also saves Thor from going over a lava flow, believing he is too worthy an opponent to die. He tells Thor he saved him as he did not want so worthy an opponent to die, but he feels he needs the hammer to protect his people. After Bill reconsiders his claim to the hammer, Odin creates a compromise by bestowing upon Bill a different hammer — Stormbreaker — which is equal in power to Mjolnir and was created by the same Dwarf. Odin also bestows the ability upon Bill to return to his original Korbinite form by striking Stormbreaker upon the ground. After learning that the mishap that killed most of Bill's people was caused by the fire demon Surtur, one of Asgard's most powerful enemies, Bill agrees to join the Asgardians in a war to stop Surtur and his armies.[3][4]
Bill leads many of Earth's heroes against Surtur's forces on Earth while Thor, Odin, and Thor's adopted brother Loki confront Surtur in Asgard. Surtur is eventually defeated, but apparently kills Odin when they both fall through a mystic portal.[5] Bill remains on Earth, aiding the spaceknight Rom against the threat of the alien Dire Wraiths [6] and foes such as Iron Man opponent Titanium Man.[7]
Forming an attachment with the Asgardian goddess Sif,[8] Bill aids Thor against the Dark Elf Kurse in a two-part storyline[9] before returning to his people. Bill eventually returns to battle the Egyptian god Seth [10] and the Juggernaut.[11]

yeah but are there more pages or just those two? lol

I hope Marvel takes a page from Weta Studios and releases the page in high quality prints. I'd put that up on my wall alongside my map of Wilderland.

The Comic-Con footage for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 already leaked, why can't we have Thor - The Dark World footage too. :csad:

:yay: Stay thirsty my friend, The trailer arrives in less than 8 days...
Me I am more excited for the 3rd and final trailer around October, that one will introduce Kurse for sure as well as some major battle footage between the two...That will really get the people excited...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"