Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - Part 12

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Thread Manager, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

[​IMG]

this thing goes on till Thursday... so footage can be shown anytime.

2. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

With you here. Especially in a film that has so much too explore and work with. Thor, Loki, Odin, Jane, Sif, the Warriors Three, Frigga, Heimdall, Malekith, and Kurse. We are promised a battle across the realms.

That doesn't sound short to me.

3. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

They have the potential to release what sounds like a fantasy epic. Something more than typical Marvel comic book affair. I just hope they realize this potential. Marvel has to start stepping out of their box if they want to keep me and the general audience coming back on into phase 4 and beyond. They can't just plug new character and situations into the same formula and expect it to stay fresh. I'm already tired of all their films having that "Marvel" look and feel. Show me some originality and take some risks.

And they can thank Iron Man 3 for this. After Avengers I was fully on board the Marvel train and all I heard was Phase 2 would be evaluating different themes and taking inspiration from different genres. I was expecting to see some risks on screen and Marvel stepping outside of their comfort zone and evolving. I was expecting maybe a little intelligent depth in their stories. And right out the gate of Phase 2 we got the bland disconnected formulaic Iron Man 3. Not a great start. If Thor turns out to be typical Marvel then I'm gonna have to reevaluate my view of what Marvel is doing and whether I want to continue to pay $10 at the theater for their films.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  4. DarthSkywalker

If this isn't a giant fantasy epic, they have failed.

And agree on the "Marvel look and feel". Would love it if that sheen disappeared.

5. darkslayer101

6. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

11 – 11:30 p.m. Earth’s Mightiest Show All Marvel Special

Wednesday.
    So that's 4 AM-430 AM GMT.

It'll all be in there....according to the ad, it's previews for TDW, CATWS, and Agents of SHIELD.

7. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I guess it's time to test that remote DVR feature on my Time Warner app.

8. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I can say that because it's pretty much common sense, the first film obvious suffered a bit from it's short runtime. So it's safe to say a sequel with twice as many characters and a bunch of different realms would need a lengthier runtime.

Nah, it has more to do with their weird masks and overall non threatening appearance. They don't even "look" as tough as the Chitaurir to be honest and we all know how wimpy they were.

Obvoiusly they're going to be tough from what I hear in their descriptions, but their appearance had me worried.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  9. darkslayer101

actually its 8 - 8:30 pm ET and they they will show it again at that time you mentioned.

10. DarthSkywalker

They said the same tonight. They "previewed" all three in a comic-con style special, and not one bit of new footage.

11. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

The media embargo for the movie will end next Tuesday at 9 AM EST, as stated by Collider's Frosty Weintraub. On Twitter, he said he'll be able to post a group interview with Chris Hemsworth and also talk about some BTS stuff.

12. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

THAT would be awesome!

13. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Yeah I hope if Surtur DOES make and appearance in any form it's not the main story. I was kind of hoping for that to be saved for Thor 3

14. LadyGeek

LadyGeek Well-Known Member

I enjoyed your "rant"--it was interesting. No hand wringing from me, at least not yet. Now if the reshoots involved Thor, Loki, Jane, and Malekith, I might be a teeny bit worried!

15. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

Wait, why was there a media embargo?

16. Caboose

Caboose Well-Known Member

The interviews took place last year on set. You want to embargo them until you get closer to release.

17. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but there's an article on CBM on Chris responding to "the scene"

(some how I can't link the article it's getting blocked, just go to the Marvel Freshman news section it's there)

Very interesting, but his cryptic response definitely makes you think there's more to this than meets the eye.

BTW, to the stupid EW reporter, Alan Taylor just directed Game of Thrones he didn't write the book and the scene they are referring to was written over 13 years ago.

18. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

This is his quote about the scene:

“I haven’t seen it yet. I’m trying to get hold of it somehow. I wish I could have been there. I can’t say too much more about it. But I will tell you that’s not the worst thing that he has to worry about along the way.”

19. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

Hey, that's me! :yay: Thanks for getting my account straightened out, Vartha! I'm not much of a poster, but I've lurked on these boards every day for about a decade, so it's nice to finally join the conversation.

Anyway, the Marvel site calls it "The Book of Yggdrasil," which is cool in and of itself. It looks like the elves in the picture have some sort of black smokey magic coming from their hands, which I assume is the "ether/aether."

And as some others have said, I would love it if this is all building to Surtur, maybe for Thor 3 (Thor: The Surtur Saga, anyone?)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  20. Joeyjojo72

Joeyjojo72 Well-Known Member

totally disagree with your assessment of IM3 - its 3rd on my list behind TA and IM1 and it was a Shane Black movie through and through - but agree that they should allow each individual film to have its own style and "feel". hope T:TDW continues this trend.

your comment on paying 10 dollars (you must live in boonies, no offense) is a non sequitur. if you don't enjoy the film, or ten bucks is that dear to you, you have several other options.

21. darkslayer101

[YT]sDjQqv-mgQ0[/YT]
    Hopefully we get new footage tonight, considering we get the first look at the logo in the movie for Cap WS

22. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

can someone record the disney fandom thing if they have the channel cuz apparently a sneak peek of thor 2 will be shown tonight.

23. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Like Joey, I completely disagree with what you said about IM3. I found it to be very sharply written, fresh & had a very distinct [Shane Black] tone that sets it apart from not only other Marvel Studios films, but from any other superhero film, full stop.

Stark had a great arc. Does the suit make the man, or does the man make the suit. His PTSD & anxiety, feeling like he might not be up to the challenge of what's out there because he's "just a man in a can", all that was handled very well & Downey was fantastic with it.

The Mandarin worked on multiple levels without kicking you in the head with it's ideas. Simultaniously skewering the post-Nolan audience expectations of "realistic" villains, commenting on the idea of corporate & media created boogeymen in the real world, & working as a dark mirror of Stark.

Where Stark uses his fame to his advantage, Killian realises he can use his anonymity to his own ends.
    Where Stark uses his own genius to make himself powerful, Killian uses other peoples genius.

Formulaic and safe my arse.

Some people act like if a movie is funny then it can't have character developement or deal with serious themes, which is utterly ridiclous.

Lol, no, it's not common sense. THOR has nothing to do with this, DARK WORLD is an entirely different film, one you haven't seen either cut of DW (again, if there even is an "either cut"), therefore, according to common sense, you have no idea which cut is the better film. Longer doesn't automatically mean better.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  24. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Lol okay

25. GriffinSTatum

GriffinSTatum Well-Known Member

I have my recording device set up, so I am ready to record any new footage that is shown!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.