Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron man 3 was not formulaic. If it was something in the formula I least would have been enjoyed. Its almost the step by step of what I don't want in an Iron Man movie.

Marvel seriously needs to get back on track to keep me. Deviations form source material that are vastly inferior to the original, kid side kicks and no actual hero action and an illogical uncompelling arc won't cut it.
IM3 hurt my faith in Marvel and Shane Black. I felt it was that bad and it made so much money I despair of seeing more of the same. I pray it was a aberration and the Marvel movie golden age is not over.

Nothing new about the movies. No footage or anything. They had a few cast interviews, but I think I'd seen them before.

There was some stuff about the cartoons, so if you're excited about Hulk: Agents of SMASH :o, make sure to watch.

Nothing new about the movies. No footage or anything. They had a few cast interviews, but I think I'd seen them before.

There was some stuff about the cartoons, so if you're excited about Hulk: Agents of SMASH :o, make sure to watch.

tumblr_m76u74pqzj1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Well at least we get a new trailer next week...

tumblr_m76u74pqzj1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Well at least we get a new trailer next week...

I feel the exact same way... I even had my dvr set up and everything. Oh well, at least we only need to wait one more week. I was looking forward to seeing something from Cap and Guardians though.

I feel the exact same way... I even had my dvr set up and everything. Oh well, at least we only need to wait one more week. I was looking forward to seeing something from Cap and Guardians though.

they previewed the new Cap: WS title screen in one of the Fandom tv spots...
did they show any of that? if not there is still chance about anything new, maybe tmw?

Yeah I hope if Surtur DOES make and appearance in any form it's not the main story. I was kind of hoping for that to be saved for Thor 3

I've been sayin forever that Surtur is the enemy that predates the universe itself. I think The Other is the same character from the comics. The Other will probably be torturing Loki on a mental plane or something, and explain the whole Surtur thing. With Chthon being an elder god (assuming it IS him), wonder if he and surtur know of each other

they previewed the new Cap: WS title screen in one of the Fandom tv spots...
did they show any of that? if not there is still chance about anything new, maybe tmw?

disappointing. Doubtful at this point

Like Joey, I completely disagree with what you said about IM3. I found it to be very sharply written, fresh & had a very distinct [Shane Black] tone that sets it apart from not only other Marvel Studios films, but from any other superhero film, full stop.

Stark had a great arc. Does the suit make the man, or does the man make the suit. His PTSD & anxiety, feeling like he might not be up to the challenge of what's out there because he's "just a man in a can", all that was handled very well & Downey was fantastic with it.

The Mandarin worked on multiple levels without kicking you in the head with it's ideas. Simultaniously skewering the post-Nolan audience expectations of "realistic" villains, commenting on the idea of corporate & media created boogeymen in the real world, & working as a dark mirror of Stark.

Where Stark uses his fame to his advantage, Killian realises he can use his anonymity to his own ends.
Where Stark uses his own genius to make himself powerful, Killian uses other peoples genius.

Formulaic and safe my arse.

Some people act like if a movie is funny then it can't have character developement or deal with serious themes, which is utterly ridiclous.

:applaud

If IM3 was formulaic and safe, the fanboys would've eaten it up. That's proof alone that it wasn't.

:applaud

If IM3 was formulaic and safe, the fanboys would've eaten it up. That's proof alone that it wasn't.
Well lets be fair. Iron Man 2 was just that and a lot of fans don't like it, much less love it.

True, that's a fair point. I should've said that the controversy and polarized opinions would be more of an indication, which IM2 didn't really have.

And I still will never understand fans who think that humor = not taking the material seriously.

True, that's a fair point. I should've said that the controversy and polarized opinions would be more of an indication, which IM2 didn't really have.

And I still will never understand fans who think that humor = not taking the material seriously.
The only problem I had with Iron Man 3 humor was that it undercut a lot of the more serious scenes. I like that the Mark 42 is a bit of a piece of crap, but it feels like they take it all bit too far at times. There is always one more joke, no matter what is happening. They had to do it nearly every single time.

I've been sayin forever that Surtur is the enemy that predates the universe itself. I think The Other is the same character from the comics. The Other will probably be torturing Loki on a mental plane or something, and explain the whole Surtur thing. With Chthon being an elder god (assuming it IS him), wonder if he and surtur know of each other

I had Surtur in mind when I first heard about the "enemy that predates the universe".

Surtur will be bring the DOOM in my opinion, but right now I am thinking they are referencing Kurse.

Iron man 3 was not formulaic. If it was something in the formula I least would have been enjoyed. Its almost the step by step of what I don't want in an Iron Man movie.

Marvel seriously needs to get back on track to keep me. Deviations form source material that are vastly inferior to the original, kid side kicks and no actual hero action and an illogical uncompelling arc won't cut it.
IM3 hurt my faith in Marvel and Shane Black. I felt it was that bad and it made so much money I despair of seeing more of the same. I pray it was a aberration and the Marvel movie golden age is not over.

Ironman 3 was formulamatic. It just wasn't using the Marvel formula. The movie basically used the typical Hollywood formula for making comic book movies.

Ironman 3 was formulamatic. It just wasn't using the Marvel formula. The movie basically used the typical Hollywood formula for making comic book movies.
It used the formula for buddy cop movies. a formula Shane Black invented and perfected in the 80ies. which made the movie even better than your average CBM, because it steered away from the usual tropes and clichés this genre normally uses.

When does the new trailer hit?

Only one week left? Nice, didn't know.
Thank you

That's an incredible poster, really!

Am I the only one that can't wait for a super duper hi-res version in order to (hopefully) see more detail on the Warriors Three? :oldrazz: Looks like Hogun has a beard/goatee...and Zach as Fandral :woot:

edit: and I just realized I'm only 20 posts from hitting my 1,000 mark *woohoo!!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"