Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the blue explosion in my avy is caused by Thor during his fight with Kurse or Malekith.

Ya, pay no mind to those whining monkeys. He looks freakin' great.

I was worried how they would translate Kurse into the MCU, looking the way he does. Based on AAA's words, I was a little worried that we were just going to get this big monster, essentially. Which we KIND OF did, but looking at him, it still reminds me of Kurse. I think he looks great, and I look at that, and I see Kurse.

y do loki head move when jane salp him??!????!?

Ya, that comment was definitely in the "Facepalm of 2013" category.

Btw, what we saw of Volstagg makes him look so much better in this one. I thought his prosthetics and hair were not good at all in "Thor". Everyone actually looks great all-around. Just need to see Hogun with his new mustache and of course Fandral.

gotcha right here

fePCCkP.jpg

No idea what everyone else is talking about. This looks like freakin Kurse

1258013-loki03.jpg

Then again... look what they had to work with lol

thor_the_dark_world_kurse_algrim.jpg

Diabolico%204.jpg

I think it is surtur.

Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Avengers 3 will be Thanos. We get gotg in phase 2. Thanos/the IG, will not be a part of Thor: The Dark World, in my opinion.

While I think the Other May have a presence, I think people thinking that Thanos is pulling malekith's strings so he can get the IG, are going to be a wee bit disappointed.

Sure it does. Yeah, the head is different, and his body isn't covered in clothing. However, his body shape, his silhouette aside from the head, looks like Kurse's body. Except instead of Armor/clothing, it's skin. The bulk is the same..rounded bulky shoulders, with spikes on them. Obviously it's impossible to be just like the comic Kurse, due to the nature of the MCU, but the way I see it, aside from the long horns on the side of Kurse' helmet, this version in the movie, to me, looks like Kurse, turned MCU.

If I didn't follow the MCU at all, and I saw this picture, as a character in Thor the Dark World, I'd know it's Kurse. I mean, I see Kurse when I look at that, in terms of body shape, size, and color

Yeah you´re probably right.

Kurse, I think he looks good. It´s also a bit hard to decide with that pic but in general, yeah he looks good :)

yeah, this.

Also, Thor and Heimdal's conversation

"We face an enemy known only to a few. Known only to one"...

think about that for a second. If the Asgardians have had a fallout with the Dark Elves in the past, wouldn't they be known? Could Heimdal and Thor be referring to Surtur?

I think they are referring to loki

I was worried how they would translate Kurse into the MCU, looking the way he does. Based on AAA's words, I was a little worried that we were just going to get this big monster, essentially. Which we KIND OF did, but looking at him, it still reminds me of Kurse. I think he looks great, and I look at that, and I see Kurse.

Well the comic book version is pretty out there in terms of design, so I too was interested in how they'd translate it ..... especially because some of it wouldn't be practical in terms of his movements.

Kudos to them. Can't wait to see a closer look where he's not in the shade.

I think they are referring to loki

Is this one really up for debate? C'mon, it's clearly Odin that Thor is referring to. He's the only person to be be established as having experience with "the darkness".

I wonder if they’ll also adapt into this film on how Malekith is known for having betrayed Kurse in the comics regarding on how Kurse transformed into the warrior that he is now due to Malekith’s deceits.

It would kind of make for a interesting parallel if we saw the differences between the duo relationships between Kurse/Malekith and Thor/Loki, where while the former duo end up working with each other cohesively for a large part of the film, it ends with the two turning on each other, whereas the latter group (Thor and Loki) ends up being the opposite. Course I don’t see Loki being a good guy even if he were to help out Thor in the end since like everyone said, Loki always his own agenda and only helps others if he stands to gain from it.

I wonder if they’ll also adapt into this film on how Malekith is known for having betrayed Kurse in the comics regarding on how Kurse transformed into the warrior that he is now due to Malekith’s deceits.

It would kind of make for a interesting parallel if we saw the differences between the duo relationships between Kurse/Malekith and Thor/Loki, where while the former duo end up working with each other cohesively for a large part of the film, it ends with the two turning on each other, whereas the latter group (Thor and Loki) ends up being the opposite. Course I don’t see Loki being a good guy even if he were to help out Thor in the end since like everyone said, Loki always his own agenda and only helps others if he stands to gain from it.

I wonder that too because he's not Algrim in that picture and presumably that part of the movie would be later on in the 3rd act.

Sure it does. Yeah, the head is different, and his body isn't covered in clothing. However, his body shape, his silhouette aside from the head, looks like Kurse's body. Except instead of Armor/clothing, it's skin. The bulk is the same..rounded bulky shoulders, with spikes on them. Obviously it's impossible to be just like the comic Kurse, due to the nature of the MCU, but the way I see it, aside from the long horns on the side of Kurse' helmet, this version in the movie, to me, looks like Kurse, turned MCU.

If I didn't follow the MCU at all, and I saw this picture, as a character in Thor the Dark World, I'd know it's Kurse. I mean, I see Kurse when I look at that, in terms of body shape, size, and color

The only thing similar is he is a big hulking being. Now I do think the movie one looks superior to the comics version. But the similarities between the two are nearly non-existent. Everything else looks different such as the armor, style, and coloring.

Ya, that comment was definitely in the "Facepalm of 2013" category.

Btw, what we saw of Volstagg makes him look so much better in this one. I thought his prosthetics and hair were not good at all in "Thor". Everyone actually looks great all-around. Just need to see Hogun with his new mustache and of course Fandral.

Legit. Cap is still a human. Cap cannot punch harder than a bullet. Bullets couldn't penetrate Loki's skin, YET Cap's punches cause Loki's head to turn.

Is this one really up for debate? C'mon, it's clearly Odin that Thor is referring to. He's the only person to be be established as having experience with "the darkness".

Where was this established? He merely says that before the universe existed there was darkness and that it survived. That doesn't mean he has experience with it. Considering the way the new trailer is cut it seems Loki is the one they are speaking of. Plus it explains why Thor would turn to him for help.

The only thing similar is he is a big hulking being. Now I do think the movie one looks superior to the comics version. But the similarities between the two are nearly non-existent. Everything else looks different such as the armor, style, and coloring.

What the .......????

Horns - check
Huge stature - check
Armor - check
Strange grill - check

Only thing non-existent is your ability to logically and rationally connect the dots between the comic book version and the MCU one. You should write an angry fanboy letter about him not being neon red and yellow.

Last edited:
Where was this established? He merely says that before the universe existed there was darkness and that it survived. That doesn't mean he has experience with it. Considering the way the new trailer is cut it seems Loki is the one they are speaking of. Plus it explains why Thor would turn to him for help.

Use you critical thinking skills bro.

If Odin is talking about the darkness in the narration and Thor mentions how only one person has experience fighting it ..... HMMMMMMM WHO COULD HE POSSIBLE BY REFERRING TO? Thor has previous experience fighting Loki. Odin knows of Loki's transgression. Everyone does.

Legit. Cap is still a human. Cap cannot punch harder than a bullet. Bullets couldn't penetrate Loki's skin, YET Cap's punches cause Loki's head to turn.

Actually, if we want to embrace physics here, a punch produces far more force than a bullet. The thing with bullets is that the force is distributed across a far smaller area than a punch it's this allows them to pierce humans.

What's legit?

It's something not necessary to worry about. Seriously could you imagine the litany of micro-semantics you'd have to track to keep everything in line with over-analyzing fanboy worries? I mean what's next, analyzing the impact of each tile on that ground that Thor cracked as he landed? People need to get a life.

If Odin is talking about the darkness in the narration and Thor mentions how only one person has experience fighting it ..... HMMMMMMM WHO COULD HE POSSIBLE BY REFERRING TO? Thor has previous experience fighting Loki.

Thor never says anyone has experience fighting them, he only says "known only to one." That's it. And considering they are desperate enough to turn to Loki's hope, he is the logical choice.

Odin knows of Loki's transgression. Everyone does.

Uh, what? No ****. Where have I said otherwise?

Actually, if we want to embrace physics here, a punch produces far more force than a bullet. The thing with bullets is that the force is distributed across a far smaller area than a punch it's this allows them to pierce humans.

That's pure bull. A bullet is launched by a small explosion. Even a small calibre hand gun produces far more force than the human body.

Thor never says anyone has experience fighting them, he only says "known only to one." That's it. And considering they are desperate enough to turn to Loki's hope, he is the logical choice.

Loki isn't known to "only one" ..... AGAIN, use your critical thinking skills. The overarching theme is the darkness descending upon Asgard and Earth. Odin is the only person Thor knows of who knows of it.

Oh this is gonna get good. Now an argument about the physics of bullets is going to break out.

What the .......????

Horns - check
Huge stature - check
Armor - check
Strange grill - check

Only thing non-existent is your ability to logically and rationally connect the dots between the comic book version and the MCU one. You should write an angry fanboy letter about him not being neon red and yellow.

Are you dense? Did you not read what I said in my posts? Here, I'll help you:

"Now I do think the movie one looks superior to the comics version."

"It's an entirely different adaptation of the character that bears almost no resemblance to the comics (BTW I've got no problem with that)."

So, instead of typing up ad hominems how about you actually read what you are replying to.

And just because something is big, has armor and horns does not mean it looks like Kurse.

Khorne_Greater_Daemon_Bloodthirster.gif

If Odin is talking about the darkness in the narration and Thor mentions how only one person has experience fighting it ..... HMMMMMMM WHO COULD HE POSSIBLE BY REFERRING TO? Thor has previous experience fighting Loki. Odin knows of Loki's transgression. Everyone does.

Yeah, they're definitely not talking about Loki being the "big bad," but they *could* mean that Loki is the only "one" who has had experience with this "big bad."

And who would fit into that scenario? Thanos. Loki is the only one who has had experience with Thanos and The Other, as far as we know.

The thing about plugging Odin into that conversation is: why would Thor and Heimdall be discussing this apparently in a private conversation? The gist of their pow-wow seems to be that there's only one person who has any experience with this Ancient Darkness or whatever, and they're none too happy about trusting that one person. Would they be talking that way if that person was Odin? Unless they've got some reason to mistrust him now, or doubt his faculties (Allfather Alzheimer's?)

But it could turn out to be someone other than Loki or Odin altogether. They could mean Malekith himself. Or even Alice Krige's character, who hasn't been heard from yet. Is she Hela? Volla? Karnilla? Amora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"