Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice poster, but it's annoyingly reminiscent of IM3. (Mainly the female love interest leaning against the hero.)

And it looks like more BTS folks departed with composer Burwell, like editors Malcolm Jamieson and Conrad Buff (they're gone too!). Now Dan Lebental and Wyatt Smith are editing the film.

I don't know, it looks like Marvel is giving Alan Taylor a hard time in post-production. Maybe it'll result in a better film, but I just don't know at this point...

English one

1001383_551270781575795_85777536_n.jpg

That is a great poster!

Nice poster, but it's annoyingly reminiscent of IM3. (Mainly the female love interest leaning against the hero.)

And it looks like more BTS folks departed with composer Burwell, like editors Malcolm Jamieson and Conrad Buff (they're gone too!). Now Dan Lebental and Wyatt Smith are editing the film.

I don't know, it looks like Marvel is giving Alan Taylor a hard time in post-production. Maybe it'll result in a better film, but I just don't know at this point...

Just checked and yep, you're right - good eye!

I'm inclined to agree. The one thing that really bugs me is that the female love interest can usually handle herself (Pepper in IM3 kicked ash at the end) and to have the women in the posters leaning up against the hero like a cheesy romance novel cover irks me to no end. I'd rather see Jane in the background with a weapon and in the heat of battle than have her lean up against Thor. It reminds me of this:

ladyofwinter_bg_042.jpg

1095078_196986310466092_977534922_n.jpg

Yeah......

Right down to the poses, and right back up to the hierarchy... unoriginal

Even has the same font... lmao

Source?

I think the poster looks good. Don't really mind the similarities to IM3, this is still much better than the all red "Social Network" posters from the first film.

That poster is cool, but yeah, really hope that's the last we see of female characters leaning up against the main hero.

Really hope they don't go that route with CA:TWS. Widow leans against NO man for protection! (Neither does Sharon or Maria Hill LOL!)

I'm not thrilled that the editors of T:TDW left. I'm not necessarily requiring this movie be 2 1/2 hours, especially if that starts to feel draggy, but I'm not sure that the guy who edits episodes of Revolution or Cowboys and Aliens (Lebental) is really instilling a lot of confidence in me. Granted, he did do IM... but he also did IM2.

I'm glad D23 is next week; I think that Thor's presence there will be telling about what Marvel's doing with this movie.

1001383_551270781575795_85777536_n.jpg
<-- around there somewhere

Ahh. Okay I've been able tor ead it, it's true (at least with Wyatt, I don't reconize any other name lol).

*****ing Marvel, they better know what they are doing because if they ruin Thor I'll stop watching their movies altogether.

The Thor theatrical poster is way better than Iron Man 3's theatrical poster...even if they are exactly the same.

Iron Man 3's theatrical posters were very good, i don't know why so many are complaining, but i prefer Thor's, very epic.

I've been meaning to ask, was any new footage screened at SDCC?

Was
footage from comic-con spoilers
you were warned
Loki cutting Thor's hand ever in the comics? Or did that only happen to Aquaman?

I must say that I really like Natalie Portman's Asgardian clothes in the poster. They're very princess-like. Loki looks awesome, that a "I'm going to mess **** up" grin. Sif looks both badass and sexy. Finally, Malekith looks very menacing with his head looming in the background.

Release the movie poster Kracken snob!

Last edited:

I wouldn't read too much into that. The editing teams have been different on each MCU film with the exceptions of Jeffrey Ford (CA:TFA, TA & IM3) and Dan Lebental (IM & IM2) who is now apparently back for TDW.

edit: Nevermind. Read that wrong and didn't make the connection that the credited editors had changed from the first poster. Strange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"