Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - Part 13

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Thread Manager, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Are any of these people "real"?

2. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Do they though? Why does Malekith have to be released? It's never been stated that he's been trapped.

He's probably been in Svartalfheim scheming for whatever it is he wants to do.

Thanos is my favorite character from Marvel, but I feel like the whole, behind the scene things would be exhausting.

3. DarthSkywalker

For me, it is the organic look and color scheme. Tell me he is in a Thor film and I'd eventually get it. But you'd have to tell me he is in a Thor film.

4. TayDee

TayDee Well-Known Member

I never known one still of someone in a dark area can cause so much ridiculousness.

5. The_Mighty_Thor

The_Mighty_Thor Stay thy hand troll!

No but certain characters are supposed to be regular humans and he's trying to apply real science to them to justify a bad statement.

6. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

As my earlier post said. The Other attacks Midgard to retrieve the scepter from Selvig?´Heimdall sees this and tells Thor, he then goes there and is effected by mindgem -> the extremely blue eyes he has (as Loki had in the Avengers) when he grabs Jane.

So he tells Odin about this and Odin fears the worse. He explains to us that before the universe there was darkness, and it has survived. That darkness is the entity that was turned into the infinity gems and Thanos is comming for the last of them in Odin´s vault.

Something like that

7. DarthSkywalker

I just assumed that shot of the being that is being released in the two trailers, was Malekith. He doesn't have to be released, but that is what I think is happening in the trailer.

8. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

What does color have to do with it? Malekith isn't a literal translation either. He's not out there looking like a court jester. Yet you know who it is. Fact remains the "physical" common features of Kurse are all there.

9. jaqua99

He was joking lol

I mean, I see it you see, others don't. It is what it is. I see it, I am happy with how he looks and I think the essence is there, and that's all I care about.

Hey, we're having a civilized discussion :p

10. Rock Sexton

Why would SHIELD allow Selvig to keep the scepter? Makes no sense.

But here we go again with the gems stuff. As if we haven't heard enough of your fanfic about it.

11. DarthSkywalker

Who is the regular human in this situation, Cap? Or are we talking Jane and the slap?

12. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

13. Rock Sexton

Tell me about it. What a joke.

14. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson Well-Known Member

LOL. Are some here trying to imply the linear momentum (m x V) of a punch is bigger than the one of a bullet? Basic physics and math say they're completely wrong.

15. jaqua99

The colors are there. Hell, the colors support it just as much as the physical common features. It's hard to see in the picture, but looking at the toy, and how it physically compares to the image paints a picture of what he will look like on screen, red and yellows, both there.

check it out:
    [​IMG]

16. ares834

ares834 Vader's Fist

Once again that is giving context to the character. The design, taken on it's own, would not leave me to believe it was Kurse.

Ah, did not know that.

Uh, no. Apparently you don't even know Newton's laws. It's Mass x Acceleration = Force. Not Speed. This is a huge difference. And yes, a punch doesn't travel nearly as fast as a bullet. But then the mass of a fist/arm/shoulder is far more than that of a bullet.

Edit: BTW, I have no problem with Jane slapping Loki. In fact, this is the first time I've mentioned it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  17. Rock Sexton

It's pointless. A few of these guys are arguing just to argue.

18. Rock Sexton

Still a bold-faced liar.

19. DarthSkywalker

There are no facts here. All opinion. Especially when every thing being called a common physical feature is translation and not exact. Even the horns are completely different.

And Malekith has the two tone face. I don't think he is the best translation, but his face makes me think Malekith. But that is just me.

20. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

How would Thor and Heimdall know the enemy is (speculatively) Thanos? By beating it out of Loki, of course.

Look, you can't just sweep Thanos under the rug. Loki's entire raison d'etre in The Avengers was Thanos. Thor specifically asked him in the movie: "Who gave you this power? This knowledge?" In TDW, Loki will stand trial for his sins, and he will most definitely have to reveal his source. Then there's the whole "no barren moon" threat that The Other delivered to Loki. Thanos *is* coming after him --- that is *firmly* established in The Avengers.

21. Rock Sexton

What about Kurse's face wouldn't make you think it was him? LOL

The horns are there though. They don't have to be 100% literal in how their fashioned to connect the dots to Kurse.

22. DarthSkywalker

That isn't exactly the most bold color scheme. Most of him is that brown, organic color.

How can you tell someone they are lying about their own opinion on something? You don't have to agree, but how is anyone lying here?

23. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

Well Selvig works for Shield?

Lol, stop replying if it´s too overwhealming

24. jaqua99

Nah. Thanos is in gotg. There is no reason for things like this to be happening this early. Especially since the "build up", if any, would be for Age of Ultron. The Thanos and infinity Gem stuff probably won't really fully come into fruitation until gotg. It's the dark elves, Thanos doesn't NEED to be the force pushing the chaos in the 9 realms. It's too much of an arc being crammed into one movie, where said arc is going to conclude by Avengers 3. It's too much.

25. ares834

ares834 Vader's Fist

Jesus dude, what is you problem?

Lay off the ad hominems for once and attempt to have a civilized discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.