Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you tell someone they are lying about their own opinion on something? You don't have to agree, but how is anyone lying here?

I know when someone's arguing just to argue with me. This isn't like a piece of artwork you have to stare at to understand what it is.

Nah. Thanos is in gotg. There is no reason for things like this to be happening this early. Especially since the "build up", if any, would be for Age of Ultron. The Thanos and infinity Gem stuff probably won't really fully come into fruitation until gotg. It's the dark elves, Thanos doesn't NEED to be the force pushing the chaos in the 9 realms. It's too much of an arc being crammed into one movie, where said arc is going to conclude by Avengers 3. It's too much.

Yeah I hear ya. What´s your theory regarding the attack on Midgard. Why is it happening? :)

Now I get it; it's worrying for dc/wb.

The article does talk a bit about WB's plans, but the main focus was on the way Feige has almost single-handedly guided the Marvel Cinematic Universe's development. He really has achieved something amazing in just seven short years.

As a fan, I'm thrilled that we're going to be seeing Marvel films or the foreseeable future. Disney values the brand and it's in good hands with Feige and his colleagues.

Hey guys! First post, excited to finally join in with the hype, motivated largely by the new trailer! October end/November seems too far away!

Power Ranger villain

I know he's going to look awesome on the big screen I just wonder why they went with that shot as their reveal...

Yeah, if it IS Kurse, they didn't give him too much fanfare, but it's possible they didn't want to give away too much in the trailer. As far as the general audience knows, it's the dark elves and Malekith who are the main villains of the piece, so Kurse is another ace in the movie's sleeves that they're saving....a secondary (perhaps even tertiary, if you consider Loki) villain if you will.

Excited by the increased amount of action that it looks like everyone will be getting! The fight scenes look like they are a lot of fun, and it's great to see that Renee and Idris have expanded roles in the film. I've been lurking on the board long enough to know that its popular opinion that a main character will die, and judging by that shot of a boat with a burning pyre (reminiscent of a traditional viking send off, no?) about to go over a waterfall, it looks like this is right on the money.

I know a lot of people want Jane to kick the bucket, but I quite like her (one of the few apparently!), so my money is on Frigga or one of the warriors 4. I'm actually hoping no one dies, but if its Frigga, who's affection for Loki is why Odin spared him going by the prelude tie ins, then it could be the dramatic push for Loki to side with Odin and Thor once Ragnarok comes in the third movie-yes, I'm getting way ahead of myself, I know. :whatever:

Possible timeline of events in the movie? (Otherwise known as speculations-brought-on-by-too-much-coffee-and-not-enough-sleep)

-Start off in Asgard or the other realms, where Thor + Warriors 4 are trying to maintain order (The shirtless waking up scenes possibly belong here...)

-Discover that the Dark Elves are behind/ taking advantage of all the chaos to push their own agenda

- Pow wow with Heimdall, Thor decides to go talk with Loki, who perhaps shares that good ol' Midgard is in the Dark Elves sights too (possibly this is where the more disheveled Loki we saw in that earlier picture comes in)

-Finds out...whatever he finds out, brings it to Big Daddy's attention ( " If we do nothing, they will destroy us line?")...Odin relates the dark elves back story scenes ("In the beginning there was darkness" lines)

-Cut to Earth, Jane and co. are in London and thanks to the research funded by SHIELD, have been getting readings or are in some way aware of whatever Malekith is up to that would " rip the fabric of reality apart". See signs of said ripping by weird occurences happening (the kid lifting the truck with a finger)

- The humans finish building that thing that looks like an office phone handset in time for the Elves to trash London and for Thor to drop in and fight with Malekith (ding ding ding, round 1?!)

-Office phone handset device is successful in...erm...preventing the ripping of reality fabric (good thing too, the stuff is apparently irreplaceable) only to find out that Midgard was testing ground and the real show will happen on Asgard? Anyway, Thor wins (obviously), and the elves retreat back to the mothership

-Cue the beam me up scotty routine, because obviously, Jane needs to be where the ACTUAL reality fabric ripper is so she can use her smarts to stop it, or narrate how it can't be stopped :oldrazz:

- Hellooo Asgard ( see "Wow" scene), Thor showing Jane around scene, Sif giving Jane SERIOUS stink eye scene

-Back to Loki again (How many death threats have we seen against him now? Two from Thor and Sif, plus two acts of violence from Volstagg and Jane? Someone's Mr. Popular :)), and how Thor needs him to use his FINALLY showcased magic to lead them to Malekith- Cue the scenes where Loki looks all clean and ready to go to work!

-Thor, Jane, Loki go off on an adventure. Which goes down the crapper pretty spectacularly. Have not yet decided if this is where Loki shows off his double/triple/quadruple crossing skills. (Insert all the scenes that take place in the night/rain/weird tornado, as well as the ones that look like they're from LOTR and the quest to bring the ring to Mordor. Yes. I went there.)

- While they're off adventuring and getting betrayed, the elves launch a full scale assault on Asgard (scenes of the ships crashing into the palace?)

- Fighting. Loki. Malekith. Kurse. The resolution of the conflict. (No idea what goes on in this part, except that Loki escapes, because, really they HAVE to keep him around for Thor 3, right?)

-Someone dies. (Pics where Jane was standing next to Thor on a balcony..they could have been watching the boat go?) Jane goes back to Earth. Thor possibly follows her and takes up the Protector of Midgard role he had in the comics, and thus is set up perfectly for the second avengers movie.

Thoughts?! I know I'm missing a couple of scenes here..for the life of me, I can't figure out where the Frigga fighting scene would go. I suspect it's close to the scenes where Thor and Jane go through the big doors (her dress is golden in color there, as opposed to the blue one she wears when she takes off with the brothers), but that seems like it happens fairly early on in the movie so...I'm out of ideas.

If anyone actually made it through all...kudos! :)

What about Kurse's face wouldn't make you think it was him? LOL

The horns are there though. They don't have to be 100% literal in how their fashioned to connect the dots to Kurse.
That it looks nothing like Kurse's face to me?

As to the horns, no they don't need to be 100% literal, but to me they look nothing like Kurse's horns.

It's funny when the fanboys are annoyed by the fan girls when they obsess over Loki. It's the pot calling the kettle black.

How would Thor and Heimdall know the enemy is (speculatively) Thanos? By beating it out of Loki, of course.

Look, you can't just sweep Thanos under the rug. Loki's entire raison d'etre in The Avengers was Thanos. Thor specifically asked him in the movie: "Who gave you this power? This knowledge?" In TDW, Loki will stand trial for his sins, and he will most definitely have to reveal his source. Then there's the whole "no barren moon" threat that The Other delivered to Loki. Thanos *is* coming after him --- that is *firmly* established in The Avengers.

He didn't say he was physically coming after him. He said there is no where you can go where he can't find you.

That entire scene, the way I saw it, Loki was definitely pulled, mentally, into another realm, that was heavily implied and at the end of the other's speech to him, it seemed like he hurt him. Thanos has always been a powerful telepath. I think that while Loki is imprisoned, he is tortured mentally, astrally by Thanos, and the Other. Making him, Pale, as mentioned, and Messy, as seen, and there is no where Loki can go, because they can get inside his mind. Which in turn, could be why Loki decides to try to learn more magic (seeing him with books in his cell, and blasting those tables away), maybe cause of something Thanos or Other said.

It would be funny if that actually isn't Kurse in the picture :D

Coming from a person that doesn't know comic Kurse I think he looks pretty well designed although I'm not a huge fan of the head. But my views will prolly change in different looks at him

I know when someone's arguing just to argue with me. This isn't like a piece of artwork you have to stare at to understand what it is.
Well I don't know about ares, but I am most definitely not lying. Of course that could be a lie I guess.

That it looks nothing like Kurse's face to me?

As to the horns, no they don't need to be 100% literal, but to me they look nothing like Kurse's horns.

Is this a literal interpretation Loki's face?

Loki-evil-32639754-500-533.jpg

loki_laufeyson_earth-616.jpg

It would be funny if that actually isn't Kurse in the picture :D

Coming from a person that doesn't know comic Kurse I think he looks pretty well designed although I'm not a huge fan of the head. But my views will prolly change in different looks at him
I don't hate the design. Far from it. I wish he was bigger, but it just doesn't scream Kurse to me.

I just assumed that shot of the being that is being released in the two trailers, was Malekith. He doesn't have to be released, but that is what I think is happening in the trailer.

I think he was just in a ship there? He seemed fully controlled. he was looking over earth, right? I assumed he was just piloting a ship there, and that thing that was covering his face, was probably the controls, maybe controlling the ship mentally.

Yeah I hear ya. What´s your theory regarding the attack on Midgard. Why is it happening? :)

Dude, I don't know lol.

Wasn't there filming at Stonehenge? I know Greenwich, but am I pulling the stonehenge thing out of my ass, or was there filming there?

With the real stonehenge being a mystery, maybe Malekith needs to bring say, the eternal flame (which IS in Odin's vault) to stonehenge to release Surtur?

Who the hell knows lol

Well I don't know about ares, but I am most definitely not lying. Of course that could be a lie I guess.

I don't get his argument. Why the heck would we lie about this? What would we gain?

He didn't say he was physically coming after him. He said there is no where you can go where he can't find you.

That entire scene, the way I saw it, Loki was definitely pulled, mentally, into another realm, that was heavily implied and at the end of the other's speech to him, it seemed like he hurt him. Thanos has always been a powerful telepath. I think that while Loki is imprisoned, he is tortured mentally, astrally by Thanos, and the Other. Making him, Pale, as mentioned, and Messy, as seen, and there is no where Loki can go, because they can get inside his mind. Which in turn, could be why Loki decides to try to learn more magic (seeing him with books in his cell, and blasting those tables away), maybe cause of something Thanos or Other said.

Or, simpler solution:
The Marauders are sent by Thanos.

Not saying your astral projection torture theory isn't possible, either, but if that *does* take place in TDW, then again, Thanos *is* in the movie. You *have* to have Thanos in this movie, even if it's not a physical presence. The setups are all over The Avengers, and you don't leave audiences hanging for the payoff pitch.

Loki has to answer to Odin: "who gave you the Sceptre, and the Chitauri?"
Loki has to answer to Thanos: "Where's my Cube, *****?!? You promised me a ****ing Cube! I want my money, man"
Loki has to answer to the audience: "So....who was the purple guy at the end of The Avengers?"

Is this a literal interpretation Loki's face?

Loki-evil-32639754-500-533.jpg

loki_laufeyson_earth-616.jpg
That is one artist take on Loki. There are many others (not even the most widely used), though you will notice the horns rarely change all tat much.

And I never said anything about it having to be literal throughout.

I think he was just in a ship there? He seemed fully controlled. he was looking over earth, right? I assumed he was just piloting a ship there, and that thing that was covering his face, was probably the controls, maybe controlling the ship mentally.
That is definitely possible. I can totally see that.

It's funny when the fanboys are annoyed by the fan girls when they obsess over Loki. It's the pot calling the kettle black.

lol awe come on now, this is totally different. It's personal attraction for a character and the actor's portrayal vs trying to prove a character carries the essence of his comic counterpart, visually/the desire for him to do so.

Nah, you're here to argue semantics as usual. After all, this movie isn't MoS.
What happened to discussing the point, not the poster? Or is the latter just easier then accepting others just have a different opinion?

I don't get his argument. Why the heck would we lie about this? What would we gain?

Lying is an ego thing ..... especially in the middle of an argument where you clearly want to carry on without admitting you're wrong.

lol awe come on now, this is totally different. It's personal attraction for a character and the actor's portrayal vs trying to prove a character carries the essence of his comic counterpart, visually/the desire for him to do so.

I didn't actually think anyone would catch my post. Everyone seems too busy insulting each other :funny:

Or, simpler solution:
The Marauders are sent by Thanos.

Not saying your astral projection torture theory isn't possible, either, but if that *does* take place in TDW, then again, Thanos *is* in the movie. You *have* to have Thanos in this movie, even if it's not a physical presence. The setups are all over The Avengers, and you don't leave audiences hanging for the payoff pitch.

Loki has to answer to Odin: "who gave you the Sceptre, and the Chitauri?"
Loki has to answer to Thanos: "Where's my Cube, *****?!? You promised me a ****ing Cube! I want my money, man"
Loki has to answer to the audience: "So....who was the purple guy at the end of The Avengers?"

From what I've seen and heard Guardians of the Galaxy will give us our next taste of Thanos. I doubt he will have much of a "presence" in this movie. Maybe a few hints to his existence but that's all I think we will get.

Last edited:
What happened to discussing the point, not the poster? Or is the latter just easier then accepting others just have a different opinion?

Because you guys ruin the threads with this nonsense. It's tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"