Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Hawkeye isn't going to be in any of the Phase 2's? I haven't heard anything about him in Thor so he's just missing until Avengers 2?

That seems to be the case. I mean they could always sneak him in for a Post Credit scene like how they did with Banner, who's the other Avenger that doesn't have a major role in any phase 2 film until the big team up one.

I don't know about BW and Cap but I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

That seems to be the case. I mean they could always sneak him in for a Post Credit scene like how they did with Banner, who's the other Avenger that doesn't have a major role in any phase 2 film until the big team up one.

I liked the Banner cameo. I guess I could see him doing a little stop by in Cap's after credit's scene.

Also, the reason why I’d prefer to Thor to remain on Earth at the end of the film is because I want to see Thor established as a hero of Earth as well and not just be an Asgardian warrior prince who only comes to Earth whenever a Universal Threat looms around the corner.

Based on what we know so far, Iron Man is on sabbatical, Hulk is always in recluse, and Captain America may be breaking away from SHIELD by the time Thor arrives (due to how it’s been said that Steve will end up having issues with how SHIELD operates), so that really only leaves Thor as being the only active hero with super powers.

Also, the reason why I’d prefer to Thor to remain on Earth at the end of the film is because I want to see Thor established as a hero of Earth as well and not just be an Asgardian warrior prince who only comes to Earth whenever a Universal Threat looms around the corner.

Based on what we know so far, Iron Man is on sabbatical, Hulk is always in recluse, and Captain America may be breaking away from SHIELD by the time Thor arrives (due to how it’s been said that Steve will end up having issues with how SHIELD operates), so that really only leaves Thor as being the only active hero with super powers.

I think that's a great start to Avengers 2. Iron Man finding a problem in whatever awesome way the Great Whedon dictates and he calls in the others and they have to work around Shield with Fury being a gray area good guy.

Damn! Stop making me excited about a movie that's not coming out for another 2 years!

If Thor stays on Earth for the remainder of Phase 2, then he could decide to only go back to Asgard in “Thor 3”, where he must take the duty of being King after Odin dies, presumably from fighting Surtur (assuming if Surtur is used in that film), thus by the time that it takes for Thor to go back to Asgard, he would have had more than enough time being established on Earth as a resident hero.

If Thor stays on Earth for the remainder of Phase 2, then he could decide to only go back to Asgard in “Thor 3”, where he must take the duty of being King after Odin dies, presumably from fighting Surtur (assuming if Surtur is used in that film), thus by the time that it takes for Thor to go back to Asgard, he would have had more than enough time being established on Earth as a resident hero.

I could see that happening. That sounds like it would be awesome. Is it bad of me to want the other Asgardians to get more comfortable with Earth in general? Like stop thinking they're all superior (even though they are) and like us and respect us.

Once again, clearly you've never read any Thor comics. Yes Sif is from the mythology, and in the comics Thor is betrothed to Sif, but Jane and Thor have been "soul mates". But if it makes you feel better, it seems they are going to hint at some of the love triangle stuff in this film.
Is there a reason you always need to insult me? I most definitely do the Thor comic thing. Thor and Cap are the two I have read consistently from Marvel, even when they aren't great. Though Hawkeye right now is my favorite book (How I love you Kate). Jane as Thor's "soul mate" hasn't been a thing for decades. Heck, even JMS, the best Thor scribe outside of Simonson imo, positioned her has simply Blake's ex. Not Thor's, Blake's.

But the movies will do what they do. I will enjoy it all as long as it is written and acted well. I'll just enjoy it a little more if the right couple is eventually there.

Earth cop Thor is fun, but Thor is a comsic hero. I have always preferred Thor as a universal champion. I like that he travels to Earth, even has a home there, but considering who he is and what he does, I would hope that he handles problems across all 9 realms and beyond.

I do hope the movie shows that Thor has become a famous superhero after The Avengers. There's something wonderfully weird about a god becoming a celebrity.

Mjölnir;26634341 said:
I do hope the movie shows that Thor has become a famous superhero after The Avengers. There's something wonderfully weird about a god becoming a celebrity.

I kind of want him to remain unkown. Tony is the famous Avenger, he's got that covered. Cap is pretty known too from what I remember of those news reels at the end of Avengers, Thor seemed to be the only one not mentioned at all now that I think on it...

She's got a point. Of the Big 4, Thor seems the least well-known in the MCU media. Cap is a legend, Tony is a camera ****e, and Hulk is always newsworthy. Thor spends all of his time on another world. Think about it. He's been on Earth for a total of about a week, and only a couple of days of that was spent doing anything that might get caught on film. He's probably more of an urban legend at this point.

I kind of want him to remain unkown. Tony is the famous Avenger, he's got that covered. Cap is pretty known too from what I remember of those news reels at the end of Avengers, Thor seemed to be the only one not mentioned at all now that I think on it...
Thor was in the montage at the end of Avengers. He was also, iirc, the only Avenger to be mentioned in IM3 (not counting Tony of course), pointing to the fact that it's a very big deal that he came to Earth and showed that we aren't alone.

Last edited:
Mjölnir;26634491 said:
Thor was in the montage at the end of Avengers and he was also, iirc, the only Avenger to be mentioned in IM3 (not counting Tony of course).

I don't remember him in that montage? Which one was he mentioned in?

I don't remember him in that montage? Which one was he mentioned in?

One woman interrupts an interview by shouting "I love you Thor", there's a huge gathering of people at some square and the signs put up are for Iron Man, Cap and Thor (a lightning bolt), Thor is drawn on the street artist's paintings (both alone and with the Avengers), and little girl has created her own Mjolnir.

Mjölnir;26634535 said:
One woman interrupts an interview by shouting "I love you Thor", there's a huge gathering of people at some square and the signs put up are for Iron Man, Cap and Thor, Thor is drawn on the street artist's paintings (both alone and with the Avengers), and little girl has created her own Mjolnir.

Oh, yeah...Wasn't she wearing a Cap sweatshirt. I remember now :)

You had a couple of kids dressed in Thor costumes during the montage at the end of the Avengers. Some more kids mentioned how Thor was "their favorite."

Oh, yeah...Wasn't she wearing a Cap sweatshirt. I remember now :)
No, it's the guy next to the one being interviewed that has the sweatshirt. The woman has normal clothes on. :)

I watched it again and there's also a shot of several kids running around, where one has a Mjolnir. Not sure if it's the same hammer that the girl is holding just after that.

Mjölnir;26634571 said:
No, it's the guy next to the one being interviewed that has the sweatshirt. The woman has normal clothes on. :)

I watched it again and there's also a shot of several kids running around, where one has a Mjolnir. Not sure if it's the same hammer that the girl is holding just after that.

Just re-watched it myself and you're right. My bad :D

Mjölnir;26634341 said:

:up:

I don't like the whole celebrity thing. It takes away from the godly aura.

I don't want the public (in the MCU) to view Thor as "Thor the super hero", I want him to be viewed as "Thor"

:up:

I don't like the whole celebrity thing. It takes away from the godly aura.

I don't want the public (in the MCU) to view Thor as "Thor the super hero", I want him to be viewed as "Thor"
I agree with this mostly. Which is why I don't want him based on Earth stopping bank robberies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"