Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that we saw the IG in Odin's treasure room in the first film, I'm hoping for a Thanos/Odin confrontation at some point. I'm not sure if they've ever fought in the comics. I wonder who is stronger?

[YT]_jQZ0hcsVdA[/YT]

Generally it's an even fight for the first part, with Odin seemingly having an advantage. When Odin brings out the heavy artillery to channel his power he starts to take over.

Thanos has been upgraded since then, but what I got from it is that Thanos is durable enough to hang with guys on that level (this fight, the fight with Tyrant) but not quite offensively powerful enough to do much damage.

So given where Thanos is now, I'd say at this point he'd give Odin a decent fight, but if they fight till a KO, Odin drops him every time.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQZ0hcsVdA[/YT]

you posted it wrong ma dude. See my above post

Odin's more powerful than Thanos. Odin's up there with Galactus, actually. His power level fluctuates a lot, but he recently fought Galactus and looked like he was on pretty even footing. Thor also dented the Silver Surfer's head with a headbutt in that fight. :D

As annoying as the leak about Thor losing his hand is, I have to admit, if they went the King Thor route and had him strap on the Destroyer's hand in its place, that would be f***ing awesome.

I feel calling him a peer of galactus is generous :p

I am not fully sold on the whole "losing hand thing", I saw the leaked footage. Something about it seemed very dream like. As if it was, well, a dream, or a vision.

Eh, he's up there. Like I said, his power fluctuates. So does Galactus', for that matter. You could say Odin was fresh off an Odinsleep and Galactus was fairly hungry, if it makes you feel better. I mean, even Thor's chased off a hungry Galactus all by himself.

Eh, he's up there. Like I said, his power fluctuates. So does Galactus', for that matter. You could say Odin was fresh off an Odinsleep and Galactus was fairly hungry, if it makes you feel better. I mean, even Thor's chased off a hungry Galactus all by himself.

I'm trying to ignore the fluctuating part. lol Galactus has taken on celestials, hasn't he? Galactus fluctuates ridiculously. Certainly right about that.

Find it interesting, opposed to Chris Evans, Hemsworth has no problem packing on the muscle physically, and he seems to have nothing wrong with training. Seems like he likes it.

Hemsworth is naturally bigger than Evans (seriously, the man's a giant), so it might simply easier for him.

Not sure if this Esquire interview with Chris H was posted yet:

http://www.esquire.com/print-this/chris-hemsworth-interview-0913?page=all

Find it interesting, opposed to Chris Evans, Hemsworth has no problem packing on the muscle physically, and he seems to have nothing wrong with training. Seems like he likes it.

Hemsworth is naturally bigger than Evans (seriously, the man's a giant), so it might simply easier for him.
Hemsworth seems like a seriously chilled guy, like nothing would ruffle him.

As for training, one absolutely impossible thing I read was that Hemsworth had never done body building before he landed Thor! Of course after that he had to do it a lot and seems perfectly at peace with it. He seems very unassuming about it, like it is something he does for the job and he doesn't talk much about it.

On the other hand you have somebody like Cavill who seems like he absolutely thoroughly loved every moment of training for MOS and he very often talks about it and length and very fondly.

Maybe it is personal interest as well. Maybe Cavill really enjoys it and Hemsworth and Evans just do it as part of their jobs.

So there has been som interesting things brought up.

1. Odin is in the same league as Galactus but he isn´t as powerful. As someone said, Odin´s powers fluctuates and so does Galactus (if he misses his galactic mealtime). So I guess they are even enough to challange eachother but IMO Galactus is generally stronger. Also, raw power isn´t everythign in a fight.

2. The hand being cut off and Thor´s destroyer looking like arm in the recent 11 issue of Thor, yeah that would be awesome. Jaqua, I also thought about that when I first saw King Thor´s arm. I think it´s a little early to cut his arm so maybe it was a vision of when Thanos (TA 3) or Surtur (Thor 3) cuts it?

3. I´ve read a lot Thanos recently and his powers are crazy. If we just compare their physical power, Thor does stand a small chance. But Thanos is all about knowledge so he would win.

See, Thanos before draining the cosmic cube or getting powers from Miss Death is extremely strong. This is partly because he was born strong but also because of his cybernetic enchancements that I don´t know any details of. We know that the cosmic entity Chronos once was a being walking around casually. Olympus was at war. It was Chronos and Oceanus that fought a dude called Uranus who was a mmad titan warrior. Anyways Chronos had 2 sons. Zeus and the Mentor. Zeus embraced the way of the old titans as a warrior whilst The Mentor was like Kronos (all about peace, Chronos swore to never use violence after the war against Uranus killed so many). One peaceful experimenting day one of the cosmic cubes exploaded and blasted Chronos with it but he was so strong that he didn´t die so he merged with the universe. Anyway, somehow Zeus took Chronos throne of Olympus and The Mentor was cast out and went to titan where war had destroyed the place but one woman had survived. Together they rebuilt Titan with the peaceful ways of Chronos. The Mentor and his son Eros kept the peace going for along time but his other Son Thanos as you might guess, inherited the war side of the family.

It´s not exact science but in my book Thor Odinson was born naturally stronger than Thanos but he wasn´t as intelligent, but still more powerful. Thanos, son of the brother of Zeus, should be weaker since the likes of Herc are weaker than Thor (correct me if I am wrong). Thanos intellect allowed him to enhance himself so that when we first see him in IM (50 something I think) with the blood brothers he is already stronger than Thor. I am thinking about Thanos fight with the EON boosted Captain Marvel.

Last edited:

Exactly. :up:

Hemsworth seems like a seriously chilled guy, like nothing would ruffle him.

As for training, one absolutely impossible thing I read was that Hemsworth had never done body building before he landed Thor! Of course after that he had to do it a lot and seems perfectly at peace with it. He seems very unassuming about it, like it is something he does for the job and he doesn't talk much about it.

On the other hand you have somebody like Cavill who seems like he absolutely thoroughly loved every moment of training for MOS and he very often talks about it and length and very fondly.

Maybe it is personal interest as well. Maybe Cavill really enjoys it and Hemsworth and Evans just do it as part of their jobs.
Love the attitude of Hemsworth, Cavill & Jackman to training for their respective characters.

Eh, I wouldn't say Odin is in the same league as Galactus. Its more that he is to Galactus what Thanos is to him: someone powerful enough to make a fight of it, then lose. It just looked closer than otherwise in the recent story arc because Galactus didn't want to risk collateral damage destroying what he wanted to take ( and generally is a bit conservative in using his own power, since it accelerates his hunger ).

I agree. But raw power isn´t the only factor in a fight, even if it´s a big one. There are also circumstances, will, tactics of using the powers in the best way etc.

Mightyally, how new are you to MARVEL history? Because as far as I remember the ETERNALS are not directly related to the Olympions and Asgardians. Thanos is not MARVEL Hercs cousin as far as I know. Granted MARVEL/DC continuity is twisted as all get out, so I may be in error.

Mightyally, how new are you to MARVEL history? Because as far as I remember the ETERNALS are not directly related to the Olympions and Asgardians. Thanos is not MARVEL Hercs cousin as far as I know. Granted MARVEL/DC continuity is twisted as all get out, so I may be in error.

No, you're correct. They have no relation at all to marvel's deities.

I know it's off topic, but if anyone who likes comics needs a reason to love Thor, please read God of Thunder #12. It's an amazing standalone issue and Aaron prove he's the man to write gods as they should be written, specially Thor (and he doesn't even need to throw power feats to do that). Also, there's one of the best Thor/Jane Foster moments I can remember. :)

I loved God Of Thunder 12 as well.

Thor visiting people of Earth and the Jane Foster stuff was great.

Yes, the #12 issue was a nice change of pace after the incredibly epic run of the previous 11 issues.

It actually featured something I've wanted to see in the coming movie, which is how the people of Earth have reacted to a god showing himself.

Mjölnir;26750141 said:
Yes, the #12 issue was a nice change of pace after the incredibly epic run of the previous 11 issues.

It actually featured something I've wanted to see in the coming movie, which is how the people of Earth have reacted to a god showing himself.

Yeah, that was one of the best things about it.

I would use the word old but yeah fair enough :)

I never meant that Asgardians had anything to do with relations.

Skyfathers: Odin > Zeus right?
Skyfather´s son: Odin -> Thor
Weaker skyfather´s son:Zeus -> Herc
=> Thor > Herc in terms of powers, right?
Weaker skyfathers brothers son: Zeus = The Mentor -> Thanos.

So that´s why Thanos should be weaker than Thor. These are just estimations. I say both sons of Chronos are equal but that´s no exact science.
There aren´t any proof that just because Zeus is weaker than Odin, Herc must be weaker than Thor but I think like that. That´s what I meant with "in my book".

Thor has no relation to Thanos, Herc and Thanos do however. That is ofc if this is legit. (Thought I threw it away but I found it) :D

Here are links to the picture below if you want to read the text or just a better look of it.
Page 1: http://2imgs.com/4f3c0d27f4
Page 2: http://i44.tinypic.com/2lnwn0l.png

1291440_10201303487244035_814816773_n.jpg

I´ll try to catch up tomorrow. I´m 6h ahead U.S time so it R tiem for bed :)

Last edited:
^Fair enough conjecture, Mightyally; but Thanos is also a Deviant. Meaning he doesn't inherit the same genetics as Mentor, his father. He evolved into something much more powerful than his "normal" Eternal brother Eros.

Yeah, Mightyally I think the whole Kronos/Chronos/Cronus thing is throwing you. I am mre sure than ever that there is no direct connection between the ASGARDIANS/OLYMPIANS and the ETERNALS (Earth or Titan variety) other than the various pacts made between the two races.

I'll repeat: yeah, there's no connection between them. The Titans from greek myth have absolutely nothing to do with the Eternal Titans in the MU.

Thanos has also augmented himself through science and mysticism, and was further strengthened when Death resurrected him. Odin said during their fight that Thanos drew power from a source similar to his own, but only dark in nature.

Mjölnir;26750141 said:

I'm gonna have to pick this one up soon, can you tell me a few of the highlights?

Listen...

It started with someone comparing Thanos to Thor. So I talked earlier about Thanos strength before he ever got risen from the dead or became one with the cube because that´s when Thor might have beeb able to take him. And also at this point he hasn´t fought Odin. At that point he only has the cybernetic enchancement that I haven´t been able to find details about but I do know EON boosted Captain Marvel and some others fought Thanos at this point so that´s is my referece to why I still think he beats Thor even before he got risen from the dead. That ressurected Thanos isn´t comparable to Thor IMO.

Anyway that pic I showed you is from my old Captain america v1 colection and at that point Thanos has been introduced 4-5 in the Marvel comics, ever.

MY point is as I said earlier is that I think Thanos was born naturally weaker than Thor, see # 69. But as I said in #58, Thanos was always a lot smarter. We could see that when Moondragon explains to Daredevil about her origin. At one flashback we see all the kids playing and Thanos just standing there with his hands behind his back observing the situation. Anyways, smart as he was, he enchanced himself to become stronger than the likes of Thor. Or atleast he seems to be from the old comics.

And for those of you that still, after having pictures with text clearly showing that the Olympians are related to the Eternals or titans, I don´t know what more I can do. I haven´t read all there is out there. And a lot of comics might be totally different. But I brought this up becuase at this point in time when Captain Marvel was in release of V1, the same time as the Thanos I am comparing was active, at that time, Zeus was the brother of Mentor and he took the throne of olympus. I don´t know about what´s true or not, at this point someone wrote it like this (see links in #69) and if I haven´t read anything else that as clearly shows this origin of Zeus/Mentor, how can I know? Everything I present is legit (imo ofc).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back