Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome :yay:. Another little hint: You can put the link with the 'insert image button' in your post, then the picture is shown in your post.

thanks for that as well.. i was struggling with why the picture wasnt loading; then i realized that i needed the image link for blogs

thanks for that as well.. i was struggling with why the picture wasnt loading; then i realized that i needed the image link for blogs

Finally it works, we can see your picture :up:

Has anyone here posted Tom doing Loki's Avengers dialogue as Owen Wilson yet? I can't, but if someone would, it's a real treat.
I posted it in the Tom Hiddleston/Loki thread. Here it is for anyone that might've not seen it (side note: the full popcorn taxi q&a video is supposed to be up tomorrow)

If Owen Wilson played Loki (from the Popcorn Taxi Q&A session)

I posted it in the Tom Hiddleston/Loki thread. Here it is for anyone that might've not seen it (side note: the full popcorn taxi q&a video is supposed to be up tomorrow)

If Owen Wilson played Loki (from the Popcorn Taxi Q&A session)

Haha brilliant

here is the kurse image mexxexecutioner
http://imgur.com/yRtYbDr
yRtYbDr.jpg

yRtYbDr

yRtYbDr

Thank you so much.

Thor:

scb68z.jpg

Thor: The Mighty Avenger

2euu72x.jpg

The whole look, the hair, the shirt. That is exact am I right?

Got chills when I saw that. The villains of Phase two so far look formidable, menacing and a huge threat to the heroes. Can't wait to see what Winter Soldier does to Cap.:woot:

Agreed :up:

Malekith looked so damn powerful and menacing in that shot I can't wait to see Winter Soldier either.

Well the villains of the Phase 2 films are definitely taking the fight to the heroes at their doorsteps, let along making it very personal for them.

You had "Mandarin" (aka Killian), attacking Tony at his house and torturing his girlfriend, before being presented as the person responsible for her supposed death as well.

Then you have Malekith, an enemy that Thor's grandfather had to contend with, who unleashes an siege on Asgard and most likely kills Frigga, before torturing Jane at some point.

And finally, you have the Winter Soldier, who we all know is Bucky, which that in itself makes it personal to Steve, let alone all of the bureaucratic stuff that takes place in the film for SHIELD.

Well the villains of the Phase 2 films are definitely taking the fight to the heroes at their doorsteps, let along making it very personal for them.

You had "Mandarin" (aka Killian), attacking Tony at his house and torturing his girlfriend, before being presented as the person responsible for her supposed death as well.

Then you have Malekith, an enemy that Thor's grandfather had to contend with, who unleashes an siege on Asgard and most likely kills Frigga, before torturing Jane at some point.

And finally, you have the Winter Soldier, who we all know is Bucky, which that in itself makes it personal to Steve, let alone all of the bureaucratic stuff that takes place in the film for SHIELD.
You just described all the first phase villains as well. Stane, Loki, Red Skull, Vanko, the Betty situation. If anything, the first phase was even more personal.

Perhaps; but Stane didn't actually directly kill someone that Tony "was" closed to. Killian killed off Tony's ex, and it looked as though he had killed Pepper as well, before having tortured her for awhile.

And Vanko, imho, really didn't do much other than ambushing Tony while he was out racing. He never really killed or wounded anyone close to Tony.

Red Skull, yeah, he did attack Steve close to home as well.

And Loki, well other than Loki being Thor's brother, it didn't really feel like the general stakes were all that high since it's kind of hard to be against Loki trying to wipe out the frost Giants when they're presented as the villains of the story.lol

Perhaps; but Stane didn't actually directly kill someone that Tony "was" closed to. Killian killed off Tony's ex, and it looked as though he had killed Pepper as well, before having tortured her for awhile.
First, everyone tries to kill Pepper. Stane did, Vanko did, and Killian did. It isn't really something new.

Stane was Tony's mentor, the closest thing he had to father. He tried to kill him and take his company. Pretty personal and pretty much on the home front.

And Vanko, imho, really didn't do much other than ambushing Tony while he was out racing. He never really killed or wounded anyone close to Tony.
Vanko called out the Stark family name. Hence the expo being in the film. Also, almost got his identity taken from him.

Red Skull, yeah, he did attack Steve close to home as well.
More so then that, Hydra was responsible for the "death" of their shared "father" in Erskine and we all know what happened to Bucky.

And Loki, well other than Loki being Thor's brother, it didn't really feel like the general stakes were all that high since it's kind of hard to be against Loki trying to wipe out the frost Giants when they're presented as the villains of the story.lol
But it is completely personal. That is the point. They are brothers. Does it get more personal then that? Loki sent the Destroyer to kill his brother.

You just described all the first phase villains as well. Stane, Loki, Red Skull, Vanko, the Betty situation. If anything, the first phase was even more personal.

Killian was a far more interesting villain than Stane and Vanko. That clown trolled the whole country into thinking the Mandarin was real and almost destroyed Tony's life entirely. I actually felt Tony's life was more at risk this time when he was duking it out with Killian that he did with Stane and Vanko. And he had different motives than Vanko but more or less the the same with Stane. His just more was more intelligent.:woot:

And when did Vanko try to kill Pepper?:dry: And Killian didn't directly try to kill Pepper other than the mansion attack where he had no idea is she was there or not.

It just seems to me that in Phase Two, the stakes are much higher than Phase one.

Last edited:
Killian was a far more interesting villain than Stane and Vanko. That clown trolled the whole country into thinking the Mandarin was real and almost destroyed Tony's life entirely. I actually felt Tony's life was more at risk this time when he was duking it out with Killian that he did with Stane and Vanko. And he had different motives than Vanko but more or less the the same with Stane. His just more was more intelligent.:woot:
That wasn't really the question though. The first phase was a bunch of personal situations, hitting the main characters at home.

For what it is worth, I really like Killian, but his entire plan is far more contrived then Stane. I preferred Stane as villian and threat. Even with the way he said "Tony". :D

And when did Vanko try to kill Pepper?:dry: And Killian didn't really try to kill Pepper.:doh:

It just seems to me that in Phase Two, the stakes are much higher than Phase one.
I never said there weren't higher stakes. I am just saying they aren't more personal or more "at home" for the main characters.

And yeah, Vanko almost killed Pepper twice. Once in the car and once when he blew the expo. And Killian knew the risk of putting that stuff in Pepper's body.

Last edited:
That wasn't really the question though. The first phase was a bunch of personal situations, hitting the main characters at home.

For what it is worth, I really like Killian, but his entire plan is far more contrived then Stane. I preferred Stane as villian and threat. Even with the way he said "Tony". :D

How?

I never said there weren't higher stakes. I am just saying they aren't more personal or more "at home" for the main characters.

And yeah, Vanko almost killed Pepper twice. Once in the car and once when he blew the expo. And Killian knew the risk of putting that stuff in Pepper's body.

More like Pepper was caught in the crossfire with Vanko. He never directly tried to kill her the way Stane did. Oh Killian was trying to make Pepper "perfect" not trying to kill her.:oldrazz:

The Marvel/Disney marketing machine is about to hit hit 5th gear. I've seen a TV spot during every NFL game i've seen today, including one just now on Sunday Night Football which is always one of the most watched programs of the week.

T"Challa;27011677 said:
The Marvel/Disney marketing machine is about to hit hit 5th gear. I've seen a TV spot during every NFL game i've seen today, including one just now on Sunday Night Football which is always one of the most watched programs of the week.

Did it have any new footage?:wow:

Tv Spot during SNF. :D

If you streamline his plan, it probably works. But his need to be theatrical, get revenge and play about result in his undoing in the most ridiculous way.

Kill Rhodes, kill the President. Don't kill your doctor. Have more then a couple of fools watching Tony.

More like Pepper was caught in the crossfire with Vanko. He never directly tried to kill her the way Stane did. Oh Killian was trying to make Pepper "perfect" not trying to kill her.:oldrazz:
And thus Pepper's life was put in danger. There was no way Vanko was trying to kill Tony with the explosion. All he had to do was fly away.

And you know what Killian was doing and we all know what could have happened. That is the point.

T"Challa;27011677 said:

I'm watching the Redskins/Cowboys as well and have seen two spots so far. Thor is looking like a boss in that last slo-mo shot flipping Mjolnir lol.

Tv Spot during SNF. :D

If you streamline his plan, it probably works. But his need to be theatrical, get revenge and play about result in his undoing in the most ridiculous way.

Kill Rhodes, kill the President. Don't kill your doctor. Have more then a couple of fools watching Tony.

Killian didn't want revenge.:dry:

And thus Pepper's life was put in danger. There was no way Vanko was trying to kill Tony with the explosion. All he had to do was fly away.

And you know what Killian was doing and we all know what could have happened. That is the point.

Those drones were laying around as a result of being taken out by Tony though, I don't think Vanko was directly trying to kill Pepper when he self-destructed them. Killian was in love with Pepper that's why he took her hostage, as his trophy. Nonetheless, yes we knew what could happen but I thought she was way past the point of exploding though.

Killian didn't want revenge.:dry:
:lmao:

That is exactly what he wants.

Those drones were laying around as a result of being taken out by Tony though, I don't think Vanko was directly trying to kill Pepper when he self-destructed them. Killian was in love with Pepper that's why he took her hostage, as his trophy. Nonetheless, yes we knew what could happen but I thought she was way past the point of exploding though.
But Pepper is once again a damsel in ditress. Are you really arguing this point?

And Killian is not in love with Pepper. She is a trophy, a prize. Proof he beat Tony. They is why they use the phrase trophy. Does he seem all that concerned when he thinks she falls to her death? Nope. He doesn't really care for her.

And I don't think you understand how Extremis works. There is always the risk someone gets to hot. That is why they needed Tony. Otherwise, he'd had already been dead.

:lmao:

That is exactly what he wants.

Yep this movie flew over people's heads. I can't explain his motivations here, I sent you a link to an article I wrote, the explanations are there.:D

But Pepper is once again a damsel in ditress. Are you really arguing this point?

Nope.:D she did Kick Killian's ass though:cmad:

And Killian is not in love with Pepper. She is a trophy, a prize. Proof he beat Tony. They is why they use the phrase trophy. Does he seem all that concerned when he thinks she falls to her death? Nope. He doesn't really care for her.

I recall pepper saying that Killian was always asking her out or something like that. But yes I see where you're coming from.

And I don't think you understand how Extremis works. There is always the risk someone gets to hot. That is why they needed Tony. Otherwise, he'd had already been dead.

I know how it works, if a person doesn't regulate enough, they go too hot and boom. They have to keep taking the serum to avoid that, hence why that guy blew up at the theatre. I just think they should have developed extremis a bit more though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"