Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
T"Challa;27011677 said:
The Marvel/Disney marketing machine is about to hit hit 5th gear. I've seen a TV spot during every NFL game i've seen today, including one just now on Sunday Night Football which is always one of the most watched programs of the week.

That's great news, T''Challa!

When do you think we will start seeing reviews? It'll have to be by the end of next week, yeah?

Real reviews? I am thinking the Monday before release.

Any ONCE UPON A TIME fans here? A poster there thought they saw a version of Mjolnir in Rumple's castle tonite. A large, stone looking hammer with runes on it. It has been established on that show that the Greek myths are in another kingdom of the FTL. Why not Asgard too? ABC is Disney. Or is that all too Tommy Whestphall?

Killian didn't want revenge.:dry:

:lmao:

That is exactly what he wants.

No....no, he doesn't. :lmao:

This is way off topic, of course, but nothing could be further from the truth about Killian's motives in IM3. Killian doesn't feel *slighted* by Tony's snub in 1999; he just feels despondent that no one is ever going to pay any attention to him, and that last straw is what drives him to attempt suicide that night. But his life turns around almost immediately by the serendipitous meeting with Maya Hansen, and he finds new life and purpose with Extremis.

And in 2013, he begins the movie by actually *reaching out* to Stark Industries, hat in hand, asking for funding. When the "accident" in LA risks exposure of the flaw in the Extremis design, Stark is the one who seeks revenge on the (fake) Mandarin. That forces Killian to tip his hand, and he decides to attack Stark instead to prevent him from tracking down Trevor and throwing a monkey wrench in the gears. Then Maya calls Killian off when she reveals that Stark probably knows the way to correct the Extremis problem, so Killian again changes his strategy and tries to actively recruit Stark to help him out.

At no point in the story does Killian embark on a program of revenge over some imagined slight from 13 years ago.

No....no, he doesn't. :lmao:

This is way off topic, of course, but nothing could be further from the truth about Killian's motives in IM3. Killian doesn't feel *slighted* by Tony's snub in 1999; he just feels despondent that no one is ever going to pay any attention to him, and that last straw is what drives him to attempt suicide that night. But his life turns around almost immediately by the serendipitous meeting with Maya Hansen, and he finds new life and purpose with Extremis.

And in 2013, he begins the movie by actually *reaching out* to Stark Industries, hat in hand, asking for funding. When the "accident" in LA risks exposure of the flaw in the Extremis design, Stark is the one who seeks revenge on the (fake) Mandarin. That forces Killian to tip his hand, and he decides to attack Stark instead to prevent him from tracking down Trevor and throwing a monkey wrench in the gears. Then Maya calls Killian off when she reveals that Stark probably knows the way to correct the Extremis problem, so Killian again changes his strategy and tries to actively recruit Stark to help him out.

At no point in the story does Killian embark on a program of revenge over some imagined slight from 13 years ago.
If you want to discuss this in the appropriate place we can. But I will just say this. He isn't really attempting to to gain Tony's help when he goes to Pepper, he doesn't need funding and everyone know Stark doesn't do weapons, and if there was no revenge involved Pepper wouldn't be involved and he wouldn't say the things he does during the final confrontation.

Killian is a failed attempt at a Gruber brother. An exceptional theft who loses because he can't let a grudge go.

I wonder, if Thor did make an effort to come to Earth more often and help out in dealing with its criminals and villains after the end of this film, would it be safe to presume that he'd make a good dent in lowering the crime spree within the world given what he's capable of?

I mean, up to this point within the MCU, Thor hasn't really been on Earth other than when he was banished powerless or when he was helping out during the invasion.

I wonder, if Thor did make an effort to come to Earth more often and help out in dealing with its criminals and villains after the end of this film, would it be safe to presume that he'd make a good dent in lowering the crime spree within the world given what he's capable of?

I mean, up to this point within the MCU, Thor hasn't really been on Earth other than when he was banished powerless or when he was helping out during the invasion.

I don't know. Thor as a character has never been about stopping drug dealers or bank robbers, or even international terrorists, really. Much like Supes, he's a protector, but to get involved with that stuff would set him up as a "ruler" of Earth. I won't mind Thor foiling a low level crime because it's a wrong place wrong time kind of thing, but having him say, go to Somalia and take on the Warlords or some such, feels off for the character to me.

Also, Fandral made it sound in the first film that Thor, and his companions (Loki included) had been to Earth post the war with the Jotuns. As he would have had to, in order to become part of Norse Mythology. That is something I wish they would touch upon. Sure it was back in Thor's more wild an wooly days, but there must have been good reason for the Asgardians to visit her frequently enough to get so integrated into the culture of the Norsemen. I'd like to think Thor was designated the protector of Earth by Odin, as a step towards becoming King of Asgard. Thor did an ok job of it, but it was never his biggest priority. Then Loki starts raising all sorts of hell post Thor's banishment, and now the Thunderer takes his duty more seriously.

Any ONCE UPON A TIME fans here? A poster there thought they saw a version of Mjolnir in Rumple's castle tonite. A large, stone looking hammer with runes on it. It has been established on that show that the Greek myths are in another kingdom of the FTL. Why not Asgard too? ABC is Disney. Or is that all too Tommy Whestphall?
Found a screencap at http://theamb3rthy8t.tumblr.com/post/63980684947/rumplestiltskin-has-mjolnir-in-his-cupboard-im
tumblr_mumyl2lfyd1siwgqto1_500.jpg

side note: http://thormovies.tumblr.com has a bunch of images of Tom in South Korea (some of Kevin Feige too) such as:
tumblr_mun6xk1OvL1s0kl4eo1_1280.jpg

*lol*

Why isn't Chris touring?
I believe he's filming a new movie, so Tom is pretty much handling a bunch of the overseas stuff on his own right now (Chris is slated to be on Graham Norton with Natalie soon, though)

I don't know. Thor as a character has never been about stopping drug dealers or bank robbers, or even international terrorists, really. Much like Supes, he's a protector, but to get involved with that stuff would set him up as a "ruler" of Earth. I won't mind Thor foiling a low level crime because it's a wrong place wrong time kind of thing, but having him say, go to Somalia and take on the Warlords or some such, feels off for the character to me.

Also, Fandral made it sound in the first film that Thor, and his companions (Loki included) had been to Earth post the war with the Jotuns. As he would have had to, in order to become part of Norse Mythology. That is something I wish they would touch upon. Sure it was back in Thor's more wild an wooly days, but there must have been good reason for the Asgardians to visit her frequently enough to get so integrated into the culture of the Norsemen. I'd like to think Thor was designated the protector of Earth by Odin, as a step towards becoming King of Asgard. Thor did an ok job of it, but it was never his biggest priority. Then Loki starts raising all sorts of hell post Thor's banishment, and now the Thunderer takes his duty more seriously.

What I find funny is that they can always retcon his visits on earth because they haven't detailed his past. If the comics can retcon a Thor and apocalypse run ins during the viking age the movie universe could do something similar.
3305285-apocalypse+vs+thor.jpg

That's where Thor has something of an advantage over Kal-El: Supes doesn't have a homeworld to go back to, so he focuses all his attention on defending and protecting the only world he's ever known. Thor still has either-or options. Personally, I think Thor's future, post-TDW, *should* focus almost exclusively on Midgard, since that's the obvious center of the MCU and keeps him close to his Avenger brethren (and sistren); but I understand how a lot of Thor fans, especially of the JMS et al. era, love the fantasy aspect of traipsing around Asgard and the outer realms. I just think that the GA will care a lot more about a Thor who defends the Earth they all know and love rather than some distant planet(s) that look like they belong on a WoW server.

I was watching tho I missed the Hammer. The only time I've ever seen Mjolnir on another show was Supernatural. They even got to use it's power :D

I was watching tho I missed the Hammer. The only time I've ever seen Mjolnir on another show was Supernatural. They even got to use it's power :D

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
[YT]H-VmozkB7uQ[/YT]

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
[YT]H-VmozkB7uQ[/YT]
That doesn't count tho, that IS Thor and Mjolnir.
Speaking of which I wish they put that friggin season out already. Season 4 has been out for a long time and 5 to ME is the best Herc season

Thought I saw a different spot this morning before the today show came on. Don't see anything new online

Thought I saw a different spot this morning before the today show came on. Don't see anything new online

Hopefully someone can post the link when a better quality of the Cains and Magic TV spot appears online.

We have all seen Kurse. We know how he translates. He doesn't look like that.
Because the cgi isn't finished?
I mean look at that one Hammer strike scene, they've used it twice and the first time there wasn't any lightning

Last edited:
Another thanks to @Thorfilms!
[YT]5qP15dOpc_A[/YT]
The thing I love about the Jane punching Loki scene (well, other than the look on Loki's face) is Thor's flinch when she punches him. I don't know why, but that makes it even more funny to me

Hopefully someone can post the link when a better quality of the Cains and Magic TV spot appears online.
I would assume they would have a better quality out soon. maybe later today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"