Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Thread Manager, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Except for the fact that this film is pretty much universally considered better than the first film by everyone so far.

2. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Heck, you would just need to watch the two trailers to realize that.lol

From some of the reviews I've read, this film isn't a "bad" film, but I think it's suffering from the same thing that MOS had (in a way) where some (not all) were expecting a MUCH BETTER film.

I've read comments and reviews where people say that they thought it was a good Thor sequel, but were looking for a greater game changer for the Thor films.

3. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Well-Known Member

A game changer in what way?

4. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Thats been what I have been hoping from the start, its why I have real concerns over the run-time and the fact that Malekith doesnt seem that fleshed out.

I remember stating when this sequel was announced that Thor 2 had the potential to be bigger than better than The Avengers and I still hold to that, its why I am bit disappointed the movie is only considered 'good' with its best compliments being thats its 'entertaining' and 'fun.' I am pretty sure I will like the movie, but I am still disappointed they didnt have greater ambitions with the movie.

On the hand, the trailer for TWS was sublime, that movie really does look like a game changer and something really different for Marvel. Cap is probably my least liked character out of the MCU ones we have gotten so far, but TWS looks truly amazing.

5. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Wonder where Son of Thunder is?
    Was just in the Thor Costume thread from Thor1 to answer a question and was reminded of his Costume.

6. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

7. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Of course this isn't a bad film, 90% of the reviews have given this a 4/5 why are people not understanding that? They're raving about the lead performances, scale, inventive action scenes, set designs, writing, cinematography, and even most of the humor.

But no all anyone concentrates on is Malekith being underdeveloped, the run time, and a few ill timed jokes. Good grief do you realize how ridiculous it looks to put all those pros over three cons?

8. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

Not every movie needs to be a game changer. As long as it's a solid piece of entertainment then I don't see why there is a reason to be disappointed.

9. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Half of the reviews even say it's one of Marvel Studios best solo outings yet.

10. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Oh yeah; I agree with you and personally, I'm not one of those people that's complaining about the film.lol...I mean how can I when I haven't even seen it?lol

But nevertheless..it does seem like some people had some pretty high, if not unrealistic expectations for this film.

11. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

That last sentence is very VERY true.

12. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Well then has been my point this past week or so. This movie had the potential to be bigger and even better than The Avengers, but Marvel just seem to have settled for an 'entertaining' and 'fun' movie. This disappoints me as it is all we seem to get from Marvel these days with The Avengers being the exception (though that movie didnt have enough substance for me either).

I want them to start pushing the boat out and do something different from their usual schtick and Thor 2 just seems more of that. After seeing TWS trailer however, I may be getting what I want as that looks something truly different from Marvel and all the better for it.

Being a bigger Iron Man and Thor fan than a Cap one though I was hoping those movies would be the ones to finally give us something different and with more substance than the previous MCU efforts but IM3 was the same old MCU stuff and Thor 2 seems so as well.

I guess I'll just have to wait until next year to get something truly different from Marvel Studio's. TWS does look sublime though, and more like a Bourne movie with super-heroes in rather than the usual super-hero fare.

13. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Right behind you. Too much doom-and-gloom here for me.

14. Moonwing

Moonwing Well-Known Member

Yep, I am out too, because same very reason. Even MOS tread when it fall in ratings was not so hopeless.

15. kosh33

kosh33 MCU Fanatic

take me too!!.. i was reading up on what i missed, and it was 10 pages of arguing over the same things as a week back... i will come back after seeing the movie next weekend

16. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

I don't really agree with your assessment of the Marvel movies. To me TIH is clearly the movie that differs the most from the others. The Avengers doesn't separate itself that much imo, the main difference is the ensemble in my view.

As for the TWS trailer I thought it looked great as well, but I mainly see the new part being that they get into yet another genre. Other than that it felt like Marvel to me.

17. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

Resolution: They need only one trailer(of course 2 is nice). Plus they don't need to be showing clips or so many TV spots. It's no wonder peoples expectations are so high. I understand the marketing and that all these spots are what's creating the buzz. It's just unfortunate. If only the internet didn't exist, we would just all be getting our minds blown at the theater.

:argh: stupid technological advances.

18. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

I've actually not seen anything other than the trailers. I've even quickly scrolled past most gifs from footage I haven't seen. It is possible to get the feeling you had in the past when you went to the theater but it takes a bit of effort and will. :)

19. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

You're just being silly now.:oldrazz:

20. Feenix

Feenix Well-Known Member

Just let it go. Your attitude is actually causing people to leave the thread because it's too negative. This goes beyond criticism, you can't wait for the movie to suck. You haven't seen the movie and already you act like you know everything that's wrong with it. Come off the pedestal, dude, you're way too high on yourself.

Why don't you take your "concerns" to the concerns thread instead of begging for attention here.

21. warriorking

warriorking Well-Known Member

:wow: When the movie opens to sell out crowds and tops 100 million many in this Thread are going to have egg all over their faces...
    So Relax everyone, Taylor will have delivered a great Thor Movie that the audience will love and from the reviews He Did and they Do!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  22. ddddeeee

ddddeeee Well-Known Member

The average rating on RT is nearly identical to the first. If it is better it certainly doesn't seem to be much better.

23. Moonwing

Moonwing Well-Known Member

From the reaction of the crew from on of the decent russian movie sites (the only one that I read) the film is as great as Avengers take as you will. But even they said its the funniest marvel movie to date. *going back into hiding*

24. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

I just wanna see this friggin thing already!
    two or three weeks of reviews before release is unbearable!!

25. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Basically people *****ed because the first one focused too long on Thor getting humbled as a mortal and they wanted to see him cut loose. Now he is, and it's still not enough apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.