Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor had a critically and commercially successful film in 2011, was part of one of the biggest movies ever and a cultural phenomenon in 2012, and now in 2013 he has another successful movie. It's really worth getting upset over... how embarrassing.

May I reiterate this is Thor we're talking about? Thor of all characters now has a successful franchise. This is worth celebrating not throwing embarrassing tantrums.

Thor had a critically and commercially successful film in 2011, was part of one of the biggest movies ever and a cultural phenomenon in 2012, and now in 2013 he has another successful movie. It's really worth getting upset over... how embarrassing.

May I reiterate this is Thor we're talking about? Thor of all characters now has a successful franchise. This is worth celebrating not throwing embarrassing tantrums.

LOL You tell him!

lol..we get a freaking Thor movie that most people enjoyed and is going to make 80 million on opening weekend and well over 600 mill worldwide...and people are melting down? lmao..calm yo ass down

it looks like The Avengers success completely obliterated your perspective.

Thor: The Dark World was a terrific, enjoyable film. I had a blast watching it, the box office numbers are good worldwide and it will get a sequel. That's all that really matters, isn't it?

TDW will hit $300 million worldwide tomorrow, and is probably on its way to $500 million overseas alone. The film is a major success on its own terms. That Marvel has accomplished this with a character who a mere three years ago was dismissed as a third-tier hero that the general audience would never support is amazing. Marvel fans have so much to be happy about that no one should be looking for reasons to be upset about Thor. Or maybe that's the problem, success has spoiled things for some, to the point where anything less than record-breaking box office is a major disappointment.

Thor: The Dark World was a terrific, enjoyable film. I had a blast watching it, the box office numbers are good worldwide and it will get a sequel. That's all that really matters, isn't it?

TDW will hit $300 million worldwide tomorrow, and is probably on its way to $500 million overseas alone. The film is a major success on its own terms. That Marvel has accomplished this with a character who a mere three years ago was dismissed as a third-tier hero that the general audience would never support is amazing. Marvel fans have so much to be happy about that no one should be looking for reasons to be upset about Thor. Or maybe that's the problem, success has spoiled things for some, to the point where anything less than record-breaking box office is a major disappointment.
Are you not following the numbers? That doesn't seem likely at all. $450m international is looking like the ceiling right now.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but my Marvel twitter BFF has already seen it twice(!), loved it so much, and yeah, we're both huge Darcy fans, so she was even more excited about her stuff in the movie. And her excitement's making me excited.

I think the box office is really great for a November release. Isn't it expected to reach $300 WW in like maybe two weeks or something? It's doing so well overseas and doing great business here, so I don't know why people are complaining, unless you didn't like the movie itself.

Anyways, I'm going to go with a friend next weekend to see it I think. Will let you know what I think.

My wife and I saw it this afternoon...we both loved it.

Just saw it a second time tonight and liked it better than the first viewing....

Saw it again today! Loved it so much I forgave the Darcy parts. 10/10. :yay::yay::yay::woot:

Going to see it again in a few days. Love this movie and love the MCU. So glad to be a Marvel fan in this day and age. Can't wait to share these movies with my grandkids!!

My wife and I saw it this afternoon...we both loved it.

Me too. My wife and I came out of the theater talking about the movie the entire drive back home. haha Really enjoyed it. A LOT.

I find it funny how some didn't like the humor. At both the viewings I've attended the audience laughed at almost every funny scene. Darcy has good comedic timing...she shows that on her own tv show. Ioved the first movie, was my favorite until the dark world. It had even better character development, better action, and just a better produced film. The scope was bigger. Finally Asgard was shown in all its glory. My only nitpick was how algrim became Kurse. But having the Beyonder in it would be too much. Loved Benecio as the Collector. Felt like old star trek, which I like.

I find it funny how some didn't like the humor. At both the viewings I've attended the audience laughed at almost every funny scene.

If there are 100 people in the theatre, and 15 people laugh, people will follow up with "there was a lot of laughter in the theatre".

Thought it was entertaining but coulda' been better. My 17 yr old GF said it was good, tho. I'm 45.

If there are 100 people in the theatre, and 15 people laugh, people will follow up with "there was a lot of laughter in the theatre".

Seriously are you just trolling or do you have a point? You didn't find the movie funny. Fine, you're certainly entitled to that opinion, but quit accusing people of lying about their experience.

Thought it was entertaining but coulda' been better. My 17 yr old GF said it was good, tho. I'm 45.

9Yz2Obn.gif

I really want to see this movie but I have a few issues:

1. I'm still suffering from a nasty sinus cold that has put me in a foul mood.

2. I have a check but no money since banks are not open on Sunday.

I suppose I'll see it on this coming Thursday or Friday evening, I don't know. I do know I have to get rid of this cold though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"