Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome set pics! I'm really loving the feel of the armor of, well I guess all of them. Especially Thor's new suit for this, I think it's his best one yet. Love the boots. It took them enough time to get them right. Also really like his hair, it reminds me of how long mine was when I was in high school.

I think it's awesome that they've just basically started shooting, and they're doing this big battle scene already. All the new tweaks to Thor's suit are great. I can't wait to see the new suits/armor for everyone else. I really want to see their designs for Malekith, and Kurse.

Also maybe the Strange rumors can be put to rest:

Another healthy rumor that has been making the rounds online is both that Dr. Strange will appear in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel Thor: The Dark World and that actor Viggo Mortensen will be playing the Sorcerer Supreme. In an interview with Omelete (via Collider), Marvel producer Victoria Alonso shot down the rumor pretty quickly.

"We would love to work with Viggo Mortensen. I've been trying that for years. But I don't know if Viggo is even acting anymore. I thought he wasn’t acting anymore. It would be great to work with him in the future, but we don’t have him signed, no."

He is still acting, but now that the rumor has been put to rest you might start hearing people say that it's simply misdirection on Marvel Studios' part, although that seems rather unlikely now.

Last we heard about a Dr. Strange film, the script had been completed by writers Thomas Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (Conan the Barbarian, Sahara) with Marvel Studios actively seeking out a director for the project.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172665-viggo-mortensen-will-not-be-doctor-strange

Well that stinks, but didn't one of the People involved in Thor 2 say Jane had Strange helping her? It doesn't mean he has super powers....yet.

Another healthy rumor that has been making the rounds online is both that Dr. Strange will appear in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel Thor: The Dark World and that actor Viggo Mortensen will be playing the Sorcerer Supreme. In an interview with Omelete (via Collider), Marvel producer Victoria Alonso shot down the rumor pretty quickly.

"We would love to work with Viggo Mortensen. I've been trying that for years. But I don't know if Viggo is even acting anymore. I thought he wasn’t acting anymore. It would be great to work with him in the future, but we don’t have him signed, no."

He is still acting, but now that the rumor has been put to rest you might start hearing people say that it's simply misdirection on Marvel Studios' part, although that seems rather unlikely now.

Last we heard about a Dr. Strange film, the script had been completed by writers Thomas Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (Conan the Barbarian, Sahara) with Marvel Studios actively seeking out a director for the project.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172665-viggo-mortensen-will-not-be-doctor-strange

I don't think that kills the Strange rumor as much as the Mortenson rumor.

TBH, I'm glad thats not true. Mortenson, while a great choice, was a great choice 10 years ago. I just think he's a bit too old for it now, though its not that huge of problem. But overall, I just dont see him in the role.

Benecio Del Toro is my fav for the role.

benicio-del-toro-3-1007-lg.jpg

tumblr_m4jybeh6kt1rr4q0no1_400.jpg

Last edited:
Strange is one of those characters that I don't mind being older same with Richards and Pym even. Strange isn't known for physicality nor is Pym really a fighter so they don't have to convince me of being real physical characters. Reed's abilities are cg driven so again, the actor doesn't have to be convincingly physical to me.

Viggo Mortensen is awesome, but if he is not going to be Strange, then I go back to my original first choice of Adrian Brody.

I fully admit I don't know much about Strange (I'm not a comic reader...just a fan of comic book movies), but I see an image like that... and for me I think a good casting possibility would be Oded Fehr, but maybe that's just me.

lol I remember when he was the choice du jour for Iron Man

Oded was also thrown around alot for Dr Fate.

I've been lurking for a few weeks but I just had to join to respond to this:

With the snake venom dripping in his eyes? The Hiddleston fangirls would have a big collective stroke. :hehe:

Bwaaaahahahahaha. :pal:

Ok, sorry. I go back to hiding. ;)

I don't think that kills the Strange rumor as much as the Mortenson rumor.

Yeah, the *only* thing that the Marvel exec shot down was the Viggo rumor. And she didn't exactly shoot it down; she *did* say that she'd been trying for years to get him to work for them, but she just didn't think he was interested in making movies anymore.

At no point in her quote did she say anything one way or the other about Dr. Strange, though. She was given the opportunity to comment on that, downplay it, play coy with it, whatever she wanted, but she didn't address it at all. To my mind, that leaves the rumor still very much on the table.

The confusion about Viggo stems from a blogger misreading of those Twitter quotes. The "Twitter prophet" (forgot his name now) merely tweeted that Marvel was looking at Viggo for something; and in another tweet several weeks later mentioned that Strange might show up in Thor 2. Some blogger made his/her usual jump to conclusions and thought that somehow meant that Viggo was being considered for Dr. Strange....dead wrong. And, of course, the rest of the blogosphere ran with it.

Yeah, the *only* thing that the Marvel exec shot down was the Viggo rumor. And she didn't exactly shoot it down; she *did* say that she'd been trying for years to get him to work for them, but she just didn't think he was interested in making movies anymore.

At no point in her quote did she say anything one way or the other about Dr. Strange, though. She was given the opportunity to comment on that, downplay it, play coy with it, whatever she wanted, but she didn't address it at all. To my mind, that leaves the rumor still very much on the table.

The confusion about Viggo stems from a blogger misreading of those Twitter quotes. The "Twitter prophet" (forgot his name now) merely tweeted that Marvel was looking at Viggo for something; and in another tweet several weeks later mentioned that Strange might show up in Thor 2. Some blogger made his/her usual jump to conclusions and thought that somehow meant that Viggo was being considered for Dr. Strange....dead wrong. And, of course, the rest of the blogosphere ran with it.

Good Point.

TBH, there are a number of Marvel characters he might be a good fit for.

u sad bro? why you cry? did you want more or less helmet? :p

I wanted more.

I think that, if they really wanted to, they could use the helmet.

For instance, in the battle being filmed for Thor 2, they could use the helmet for that.

I know they tried to play it up as more of a ceremonial thing in these films but still, it could be used more.

Loki had his almost the entire time. I agree with you that it could be done. But it doesnt bother me that he doesnt use it much.

They'd probably have to redesign it for his new armor.

I hope they do redesign the helmet if it is included in Thor 2. I'm not fond of the wings almost seemingly curling forward and go way too high above his head. Not a fan

popup2g.jpg

I think something like the center one on the right side would look good with his new armor. with a darker steel.

Personally I think it would be hilarious if the helmet only appeared for 20 seconds in the first movie, and never again

What kind of answer is this? Viggo is clearly still working. Talk about misdirection coming from obvious bull.

popup2g.jpg

I think something like the center one on the right side would look good with his new armor. with a darker steel.

If they wanted him to wear the helmet in battle, they needed to make it fit something like Achilles in Troy. Otherwise I think it looks just too silly imo. It would barely cover his head and never stop wiggling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"